By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's E3 Wii U Demos at Best Buy!

What Wii U game are you looking forward to playing the most?

Super Mario U 49 28.82%

Super Smash Bros. 4 56 32.94%

Mario Kart 8 20 11.76%

The Wonderful 101 9 5.29%

Pikmin 3 6 3.53%

Wii Fit U 3 1.76%

Wind Waker HD 6 3.53%

Yarn Yoshi 2 1.18%

Sonic: Lost World 7 4.12%

Other 12 7.06%

Total:170

I'm sure they won't have Smash Bros playable at these demo stations, but I would've still voted for Super Mario Universe regardless. It took all I had not to vote for W101 or Wind Waker, though, as I'm ecstatic for them as well.

And I agree with those who say this Best Buy partnership is a very good idea and that they should make the demos available for WiiU owners.

Around the Network

Now that's a brilliant move.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

lucky Americans! I want videos! Images! I want you steal me one Wii U too!

Click HERE and be happy 

DélioPT said:
That`s how you do marketing.
Gamers online always wished there were there to play the games and now they can!

There wasn`t any announcement concerning the european market. Still, i hope it happens. They could even do a road show with these demos, since they never did one in the first place for Wii U.

Exactly! It'll be a great way to attract new gamers, especially if they show off multiplayer games like Smash n Kart. Nearby customers might become interested in what all the commotions about (you know theirs gonna be bunch of rowdy teenagers surrounding the demos hehe), want to try the games out themselves, like em, then go on to tell all their friends about it, perhaps inviting them for another round at the demos!

So nothing was said for Europe? Hmm perhaps it's cause the Wii U is selling worse in the U.S. or something. Or maybe Europe doesn't have Best Buy. Yeah I have no idea. xP  I guess the least we can do is talk about our hands on experiences in depth. I know I sure will!

Ya this is a great move by Nintendo. They just have to make sure people are aware of this opportunity, so people really go out and try to get some hands on time with these games while they have the chance. Could spread some great word of mouth

Around the Network
BlkPaladin said:
DélioPT said:
Gamers online always wished there were there to play the games and now they can!

There wasn`t any announcement concerning the european market. Still, i hope it happens. They could even do a road show with these demos, since they never did one in the first place for Wii U.

Well they are going to be at GamesCon which is open to the public, they may have smaller events at the same time in other contries to maximize the exposure.

Kart and the next Mario title are almost shoo ins for the demos, depends on how fast Namco is working on Smash, though if it is going to be reelased in this business year there is a good chance on that title as well.

Smaller events are appreciated. Given the launch of PS4 and X720, they are actually needed to allow some exposure.

There might be a demo to SSB but given that the most likely scenario is the title will only launch next year, they will probalby hold that one off.
They can always show it on video.

Einsam_Delphin said:
DélioPT said:

Exactly! It'll be a great way to attract new gamers, especially if they show off multiplayer games like Smash n Kart. Nearby customers might become interested in what all the commotions about (you know theirs gonna be bunch of rowdy teenagers surrounding the demos hehe), want to try the games out themselves, like em, then go on to tell all their friends about it, perhaps inviting them for another round at the demos!

So nothing was said for Europe? Hmm perhaps it's cause the Wii U is selling worse in the U.S. or something. Or maybe Europe doesn't have Best Buy. Yeah I have no idea. xP  I guess the least we can do is talk about our hands on experiences in depth. I know I sure will!

They did something simular to this with the Wii, where they had mall experience tours. Don't know why they didn't push for this. (Probally fincial reasons, but you can only speculate.)

This is so much better than USHER!!!!

EricFabian said:

lucky Americans! I want videos! Images! I want you steal me one Wii U too!

You can bet your signature that Youtube will have hundreds of videos on each demo. As for stealing a Wii U, you can just do that yourself. :P

Einsam_Delphin said:
DélioPT said:

Will be a great way to spread the word.
If we get reports that BB will become stacked, then it`s a win for Wii U! :D

I was told that it had but no longer has them.
Not that it can`t associated with other retailers or take actions in their own hands and do some events across european countries. I just want them to do something because they really are selling the worst in Europe.

Can you imagine demos with Mario, Mario Kart, Watch Dogs or AC 4 and Call of Duty side by side? Know what message that would send to gamers? Yeaaaahh...