By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SEGAs 3rd Nintendo Exclusive to be Sonic x Mario Kart?

This would be quite cool.

Speculate away, VGChartz.

Could also possibly just be DLC with something nobody cares about though... Dont get your hopes up too high

Around the Network

Ohhhh shit.. that would be fuckin awesome. SEGA x Nintendo could be the most awesome thing ever. I get so giddy thinking about that.

oh god that would be amazing

This would be interesting!

Transformed is my personal favourite kart racer. If this happens I'd like to see Sumo developing it.

Seems likely.

Someone on GAf said there was talk to put Sonic on Double Dash back in the GC days but the plans were scrapped cause some higher up didn't want Sonic racing in a cart.

Around the Network

Might as well get Namco to give Pac-Man to a console game (is in Mario Kart Arcade) and have a retro-video game character party!

OT: Could be, but I don't think so. If Sonic's in Mario Kart, he'd be in it the same way as in Brawl; just another character. I don't think the third SEGA exclusive is Mario Kart.

RolStoppable said:
Only if the game development is left mostly or exclusively to a Nintendo team. An outsourced Mario Kart game isn't a good idea.

Here's hoping that the Sumo Digital guy was drunk and rambling, not that his studio is really working on something like that.

D: Sonic Racing Transformed is fantastic. I prefer it to any Mario Kart game I've ever played. And I grew up on 64.

Hell, I consider it the true successor to Diddy Kong Racing. And I freaking love that game.

Anari said:
Seems likely.

Someone on GAf said there was talk to put Sonic on Double Dash back in the GC days but the plans were scrapped cause some higher up didn't want Sonic racing in a cart.

I'm guessing that higher up isn't around anymore hehe. 

Although unlikely , I'm still hoping that third game is a real Mario n Sonic one.

maybe this  is the mario kart that is the works a cross over between sega all stars racing and mario kart

I heard Sonic racing was good. If Sega took on a lot of the work of Mario + Sonic Kart that could free up some resources at Nintendo for another project. This could be a good way to draw attention to Mario Kart U as well. Some of the dream tracks in M+U at Sochi looked pretty cool.