By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2013 NPD Thread!

Are people surprised at the badness? This seems normal, things go down at the end of a gen.

Around the Network
pezus said:

360- 220k

3DS- 200k

PS3- 175k

DS- 60k

Wii U- 60k

Wii- 65k

Vita- 30k

360 with 42% console marketshare. PS3 with 34%

At least you got that one exactly right. :p

spurgeonryan said:
Yakuzaice said:

Looks like Luigi is probably massively overtracked.  Unless the software numbers aren't as ugly as the hardware ones.

Luigi is flying off the shelves. So I doubt it.

To be fair it was overtracked last month by around 80k and we have it listed as te number 3 game whereas npd have it at number 6, so could be a smilar scenario this month as well. 

Luigi 140k April
Lego City 3DS 94k April (only had 1 week of sales)

Not bad really

spurgeonryan said:
Yakuzaice said:

Looks like Luigi is probably massively overtracked.  Unless the software numbers aren't as ugly as the hardware ones.

Luigi is flying off the shelves. So I doubt it.

So you think Defiance sold more than 230k?

EDIT: well I guess that is settled in the post above mine.

EDIT 2:  actually 140k is including digital.  So massively overtracked seems like an apt description.

Around the Network
Vinniegambini said:

Luigi 140k April

Not bad really

And NSMBU has sold 770k LTD (digital incl.).

Edit:

That's a decent second month for Luigi.

Shall be interesting off the top of my head if the 360 is 130,000 with 42% then I think the whole sales will be around 310,000 for the month. The PS3 has been tracking fairly close with the 360 so lets assume that the PS3 tracks around 100k for the month that leaves around 80 between the Wii and the WiiU. When you consider that the Wii has been tracking higher than the WiiU I am going to guess and say that the Wii sold about 45k and the WiiU sold about 35K.

My predictions are that the PS3 will be above 100k and the WiiU will be under 40k

spurgeonryan said:
I do not know anything about Defiance, all I know is that Luigi has been selling out for weeks. Maybe undershipped.

Regardless of whether it was undershipped or not it was still massively overtracked.  VGC is 90k higher than the retail+digital sales last month.

NSMBU at 770k with digital sales means it is either overtracked or digital is a tiny fraction of Wii U software.  (at least for this title)

what the? man we need new consoles, those low consoles sales aren't that great for the industry

pezus said:
Vinniegambini said:

Luigi 140k April

Not bad really

Luigi 90k overtracked this month

Lego 15k overtracked

Obviously ioi is counting digital sales.

Nintendo and PC gamer