By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales-Media Create & Famitsu hardware sales (5/6 – 5/12)

some funny stuff,they have also done some adjusting i see,wonder they upped software too

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

Er... I don't want to get involved with the user war going on here, let me bring things back around to sales.

I was pretty sure the Vita would stay above 20k... sure, I'm openly a Nintendo fan, but I swear I had no ulterior motive to that prediction. I didn't think this would happen.

The bad new is that those Vita hardware sales are undeniably poor. The 3DS never dropped below 16k in Japan before the price cut was announced, when it was selling at $250 and so many people were crying dooooooooooooooom.

The good news is that it's just the Golden Week slump and hopefully the Vita will get back in the game, although its sub-20k Golden Week performance doesn't instill much confidence. Er, that didn't sound like good news.

Better good news! Adjustments! YAAAAAAYYY!

the_dengle said:

Er... I don't want to get involved with the user war going on here, let me bring things back around to sales.

I was pretty sure the Vita would stay above 20k... sure, I'm openly a Nintendo fan, but I swear I had no ulterior motive to that prediction. I didn't think this would happen.

The bad new is that those Vita hardware sales are undeniably poor. The 3DS never dropped below 16k in Japan before the price cut was announced, when it was selling at $250 and so many people were crying dooooooooooooooom.

The good news is that it's just the Golden Week slump and hopefully the Vita will get back in the game, although its sub-20k Golden Week performance doesn't instill much confidence. Er, that didn't sound like good news.

Better good news! Adjustments! YAAAAAAYYY!

You are right the sales are undeniably bad. I blame PSP. However you should talk about Wii U as well :). Just wondering what was the lowest vita Japan week? And does anyone think Wii U can go lower then that?

Farsala said:

You are right the sales are undeniably bad. I blame PSP. However you should talk about Wii U as well :). Just wondering what was the lowest vita Japan week? And does anyone think Wii U can go lower then that?

You're right! Wii U sales are bad. Very bad. I don't see anyone in here claiming otherwise, though, so I feel like I'm talking to myself.

Rather than blaming the Wii, though, I blame Nintendo for launching their console 5 months before it was ready.

At a glance, the lowest Vita week in Japan seems to be the week ending November 11, 2012. It sold 4,011.

the_dengle said:
Farsala said:

You're right! Wii U sales are bad. Very bad. I don't see anyone in here claiming otherwise, though, so I feel like I'm talking to myself.

Rather than blaming the Wii, though, I blame Nintendo for launching their console 5 months before it was ready.

At a glance, the lowest Vita week in Japan seems to be the week ending November 11, 2012. It sold 4,011.

Absolutely atrocious and during holiday season as well. Though it does not affect Japan as much it is still better then sales in Q3. I think Wii U has a chance at reaching that, because well it is a home console and it has very little for releases for it. Not only that I do not see very many titles that appeal to the japanese audience. I am hoping after Pikmin 3 the console sees very good sales (relatively).

Around the Network
Farsala said:

Absolutely atrocious and during holiday season as well. Though it does not affect Japan as much it is still better then sales in Q3. I think Wii U has a chance at reaching that, because well it is a home console and it has very little for releases for it. Not only that I do not see very many titles that appeal to the japanese audience. I am hoping after Pikmin 3 the console sees very good sales (relatively).

Yeah, I think that might be the week before the white model launched or something. It was much higher the next week. So that 4k number is a little artificially low. Still, it has fallen below 6k a couple of other times, and under 7k a lot.

If the Wii U hasn't dropped that low yet, I don't think it ever will. Even in the post-GW slump it's at nearly 8k. It's no consolation though, since that's terrible enough. But I don't think we'll see sub-4k sales unless there's a huge price cut or something.

the_dengle said:
Farsala said:

Yeah, I think that might be the week before the white model launched or something. It was much higher the next week. So that 4k number is a little artificially low. Still, it has fallen below 6k a couple of other times, and under 7k a lot.

If the Wii U hasn't dropped that low yet, I don't think it ever will. Even in the post-GW slump it's at nearly 8k. It's no consolation though, since that's terrible enough. But I don't think we'll see sub-4k sales unless there's a huge price cut or something.

I am thinking instead of price cut that Nintendo will change the Wii U SKUS. So it might have a week like that. Since what I am hearing is that the day one patch takes up like 2gb and if you have the 8gb you got barely anything left. More value but same price kind of thing.

Farsala said:

I am thinking instead of price cut that Nintendo will change the Wii U SKUS. So it might have a week like that. Since what I am hearing is that the day one patch takes up like 2gb and if you have the 8gb you got barely anything left. More value but same price kind of thing.

Very possible. I'm not sure how big the patch is, but I definitely think Nintendo is going to focus on "communicating the value" of the console rather than dropping its price. More aggressive marketing, more SKUs. Maybe even a NSMBU bundle.

Man, look at us, having a normal, civil discussion about sales and stuff. I feel good now.

Puzzles and Dragons sure keeping people off that 3DS/Vita games.

Luckily the Z version might attract some customers. (I'm kinda interested myself)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

the_dengle said:
Farsala said:

Very possible. I'm not sure how big the patch is, but I definitely think Nintendo is going to focus on "communicating the value" of the console rather than dropping its price. More aggressive marketing, more SKUs. Maybe even a NSMBU bundle.

Man, look at us, having a normal, civil discussion about sales and stuff. I feel good now.

Yeah I am really excited for what Nintendo might show for the next month. Of course I think once the games start coming out Nintendo will market it well.

And yeah I try to keep it civil :). But for some it seems to be the hardest thing to do on Vgchartz lol.