By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - who has been the most influential third party developer?

What do you like more?

Ice Cream 24 44.44%

Milk Shakes 14 25.93%

Slushies 10 18.52%

See results 6 11.11%

Total:54

the question is simple, which third party developer influenced the indusrty the most? btw we are talking about developers, not publishers.

btw its not just this generation. but in the history of video games

people im asking about DEVELOPERS not publishers

Around the Network

rockstar

Infinity Ward

After COD4 almost every shooter wanted to be like COD, which resulted in a mass of twisted IP's and a whole lot of boring-ass COD4 copies -_-

Note: I really LOVE COD4, but it got out of control....

Ever or this generation?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Irrational Games.

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
Ever or this generation?

ever

Either Infinity ward or treyarch this generation. So many games tried to copy the success of call of duty but so many games wanted to put a zombies mode in too.

But ever, it has to be nintendo they pretty much revived the gaming industry after the 1983 crash

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

They're going third party any minute now, so I'm gonna say Nintendo.

Chunsoft

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

Capcom...I think.