By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Eight years ago today, the Xbox 360 was first announced

Oh I remember that announcement. I remember being reluctant to buy a 360 because I thought it would end up like the Dreamcast. Boy was I wrong!!! But I think this gen lasted too long. It was good for us, but I'm not sure if it was good for the industry in general. Do you guys think the industry would be in better shape if we had something fresh earlier? Something to create buzz? I guess Kinect kind of did that, but I don't know...

Around the Network

HD baby HD HD HD. Beautiful.

damn the 360 has been on shelf's for a long time. very impressive

Damn. I feel old. Time goes by too quickly.

I'm sure Microsoft are proud of what they achieved, i would be

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

Looking at that video with games it's hard to believe those are from X360 and not Xbox.

sales2099 said:
darkknightkryta said:
sales2099 said:
Amazing! Hope the remaining "MS will abandon the 360" comments will end cause.....ya, its been 7.5 years, 8 in November. Ya... :)

They did abandon the 360... for the next console!

Can't tell if serious.....

Its still selling last I checked. 3rd parties still making games. Gears Judgement, Battleblock Theatre, Monaco, Forza Horizon free update, some nice XBLA games this summer. We are all aware that MS has limited studios and they are all working on next gen, but that 360 is on sale, means it is still supported.

People argue that they'll abandon the 360 when they RELEASE their next gen platform. Like they did with the original Xbox for the 360.

riderz13371 said:
sales2099 said:
darkknightkryta said:
sales2099 said:
Amazing! Hope the remaining "MS will abandon the 360" comments will end cause.....ya, its been 7.5 years, 8 in November. Ya... :)

They did abandon the 360... for the next console!

Can't tell if serious.....

Its still selling last I checked. 3rd parties still making games. Gears Judgement, Battleblock Theatre, Monaco, Forza Horizon free update, some nice XBLA games this summer. We are all aware that MS has limited studios and they are all working on next gen, but that 360 is on sale, means it is still supported.

People argue that they'll abandon the 360 when they RELEASE their next gen platform. Like they did with the original Xbox for the 360.

Even then, its 8 years. Double the lfie cycle of the origional Xbox. So it makes 0 sense...and we know with its current prices they still have room for price drops and more shelf life.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Using MTV as a strategy to market the 360 was very smart. I wonder what MS will do this time around.