By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Kresnik said:

I'm beginning to not believe these are actual expectations.  Namco Bandai games always seem so high.  That Amagami estimate is also absurd.

And the Disgaea expectation seems unreasonably pessimistic.  Idk.

Yes this is exactly what I thought, maybe Kadokawa games are gonna be disappointed.

The Disgaea one on the other hand may be realistic, the game isn't that old and maybe pre-orders weren't too high too. But still can see the game exceeding easily the 50k bar.

Around the Network

WOOOOOOO METAL GEAR, finally =D

Dragon Quest, ....dissapointing.

I am sure Dragon Quest will end up selling like crack in Japan. Heck, you could shit in a bag and name it Dragon Quest XI and the Japanese would still go apeshit over it.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

BlowoverKing said:

LTD targets from publishers (According to sinobi)

[PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost # (Bandai Namco Games) (¥7.980) - 250k
[PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost [Premium G Sound Edition] (Bandai Namco Games) (¥10.980) - 150k 
Total Gundam - 400k

[PS3] Diablo III (Square Enix) (¥7.980) - 100k

[PSV] Disgaea 4 Return (Nippon Ichi Software) (¥6.729) - 50k
[PSV] Amagami (EBKore+) (Kadokawa Games) (¥5.040) - 100k

[3DS] Toushin Toshi (Image Epoch) (¥6.279) - 70k

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98631806&postcount=582

That Amagami number seems a little high...

Though I agree with most people that this Disgaea figure is extremely conservative, the Gundam figure's kind of what I was thinking given its COMG performance (375pts with 3 days left). Even if it doesn't convert those points at a very high ratio, surely an FW in the region of 250k is reasonable, and say the drop into the 2nd week is 80% that would still leave it at 300k from which I'd say 400k is entirely possible and that's before adding in a little bit for digital sales.

Even in that scenario which is in my opinion a little pessimistic, even if it missed the target it would do so only very slightly. Also, Shin Gundam Musou has already hit these sorts of figures and that was suffering from being the 6th musou game of 2013 in a sub-series in its 4th entry. Gundam Vs. isn't new, but the fatigue must be far lower, plus, in more objective terms at least, it seems that most people consider it to be a superior game to Gundam Musou.

I may of course be wrong but this game gives me cause for optimism. Additionally, it may be that the target was revised down after SMG underperformed slightly, which would help explain why, IMHO, this is a reasonable target which I think may even be exceeded slightly

Around the Network
supernihilist said:
Kresnik said:

Also, I know this is only barely related to this thread, but since it's the only place on VGC we have ongoing Japanese sales discussion:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98533118&postcount=495

Since I brought up DQM, for information sake:

Just checked DQ8 on Android: only now is in the 50,000 - 100,000 ballpark. Given how it was progressing, looking at AppAnnie graphs weeks ago, it's safe to say it's just over 50,000 units, and that it'll last in that period for a looong time.

Given the iOS DQVIII graph, and how usually the iOS / Android has been...175,000 - 200,000 units total (iOS + Android) could be a good estimate.

I think Square-Enix really missed a trick by releasing this on smartphones given these sales.  Should've ported it to any of the viable consoles in Japan (PS3/PSV/3DS/WiiU) and it would've sold more than this.  And at a slightly higher price point, too.

They could always have ported it to smartphones later on after sales had died down.

Contrasts sharply with their Dragon Quest Monsters game on iOS which is apparently bringing in line $1m/day (as a F2P game);

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98534051&postcount=496

Nicolas Godement is the general manager of gumi Europe. gumi makes Brave Frontier and has spent a lot of time at the top of the Japanese iOS Top Grossing charts, including positions like #2 and #3.

He estimates that Dragon Quest Monsters: Super Light is bringing in around $1 million a day currently being in the top ~2-4 range.

Source: https://twitter.com/NicolasG_B/statu...06309089357825

I understand why SE are going so hard on mobile, but they should really be more selective about where they place their games.  Hopefully FFX HD and DQ VII 3DS showed them that it shouldn't just be 90% mobile and the scraps to consoles.

very interesting to read.

200k unite LTD for a 25$ DQ game is abysmal. i wouldve sold more than a million on the 3DS and maybe 500k on Vita at 40$. BIG mistake imo.

I LOLed at this.

Dragon Quest is really stalling. I thought it would be more explosive than this.

Disgaea 4 too, sadly, but I guess you can't have everything.

SAO have the possibility to go big?

Lets hope Donkey kong enter the chart this week, for wiiu sake