By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

StarDoor said:
HylianSwordsman said:
I really didn't expect December to have a worse preorder chart than the April-May doldrums earlier this year. I thought if there was any chance of setting a chart record low, it would come then, but it looks like we might have a better chance of it coming now. For us to start the new year like this, man, that's gonna be one heck of a hole for COMG to dig out of if it wants to be out of single digits before next E3, or next holiday for that matter.

I just looked back over the past year. September was actually our best month for preorders. We were out of the single digits and almost got out of the teens. Now we're headed into the new year with almost the entire chart in the teens or lower. Nothing big on the near horizon either, just a tiny splash from Yakuza and Kakarot in January, a decent splash in February from Persona 5 Scramble, and then a big one with FFVII early March. Animal Crossing looks like it isn't even a mainline Animal Crossing game, but rather a spinoff that looks good but is still untested, so maybe we can count on it to save the charts, but even it might not blow our socks off, and aside from that it'll be up to TLOU2 and whatever pops up in the next Nintendo Direct if we want to see any other 100 point + games before E3. I suppose RE3 might manage, but I doubt Cyberpunk will in Japan. Looks like a rough year for COMG in 2020.

???

Please tell me that this is just a joke, and not another "Smash Ultimate is a port of Smash 4".

What? It looks great, I'm crazy excited for it, even more than for a regular Animal Crossing honestly, but that's because instead of a town like the mainline games, it's on a deserted island and is a risk free take on the survival sim games with crafting and shit. Calling it a mainline game is like calling Pocket Camp a mainline game. It's gameplay is similar enough that it belongs in the same series, but isn't really a new mainline game. It isn't a Skyward Sword-->Breath of the Wild reinvention, nor is it a Super Mario 64-->Luigi's Mansion full genre spinoff, it's more like a Pokemon Let's Go kind of spinoff, similar to the main game, but still clearly its own thing.

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
StarDoor said:

???

Please tell me that this is just a joke, and not another "Smash Ultimate is a port of Smash 4".

What? It looks great, I'm crazy excited for it, even more than for a regular Animal Crossing honestly, but that's because instead of a town like the mainline games, it's on a deserted island and is a risk free take on the survival sim games with crafting and shit. Calling it a mainline game is like calling Pocket Camp a mainline game. It's gameplay is similar enough that it belongs in the same series, but isn't really a new mainline game. It isn't a Skyward Sword-->Breath of the Wild reinvention, nor is it a Super Mario 64-->Luigi's Mansion full genre spinoff, it's more like a Pokemon Let's Go kind of spinoff, similar to the main game, but still clearly its own thing.

Those are nonsensical comparisons. Let's Go was clearly stripped down from other mainline Pokemon games, and the same goes for Pocket Camp. What staples of Animal Crossing are missing from New Horizons? It doesn't take place on deserted island instead of a town: It's a deserted island that you develop into a town. You're acting like it's something different from the previous games, when in reality, it's everything Animal Crossing used to be and more.

Ringfit finally got more stock

Marth said:

NSW - 12
PS4 - 7
3DS -1

Total: 643 (+311 WoW)

Fresh stocks for the Switch at COMGet. RFA especially did really well this week.

Possibly also a jump in console sales along with it?

Around the Network

FF7 is slightly disappointing so far...

Wow, FF VIIR made a point, yay

StarDoor said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Those are nonsensical comparisons. Let's Go was clearly stripped down from other mainline Pokemon games, and the same goes for Pocket Camp. What staples of Animal Crossing are missing from New Horizons? It doesn't take place on deserted island instead of a town: It's a deserted island that you develop into a town. You're acting like it's something different from the previous games, when in reality, it's everything Animal Crossing used to be and more.

Glad to know you're as excited for it as I am.