By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Kai_Mao said:
Mar1217 said:
Do we have to mention that Fates had 2 version and that COMG has diminished in importance once again ?

Anywoo, DQXI S is moving a bit more ! Now if only the regular SKU was showing itself soon.

Awakening and Fates were also on 3DS when it was at its peak or just after its peak so there was a bigger audience waiting for more games to release on the platform.

Awakening was not at the peak of the 3DS. It came just a year after its launch for Japan. Switch is already much farther along in its life than 3DS was at the time. Maybe it's because Switch isn't doing as well as 3DS in Japan. It's just not portable enough for them maybe?

Around the Network

Hopefully FE can get over 100 points and have a good ratio like YW4 and SMM2 and get over 150k FW

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Hopefully FE can get over 100 points and have a good ratio like YW4 and SMM2 and get over 150k FW

150k FW would be over 200k less than what Fates launched at. Did you mean to say 250k? That would be at least.... well, not completely awful.

Megiddo said:
Jranation said:

150k FW would be over 200k less than what Fates launched at. Did you mean to say 250k? That would be at least.... well, not completely awful.

Like I said on my other comment. We will see a decline of Franchises that were on the 3DS (Pokemon, AC, FE) in terms of Sales in Japan. It will be like this until we get that cheaper version of Switch which will most likely increase software sales across the board. 

Like in terms of Facts. We have Pokemon Lets Go which saw a decline in Japan when compared to XY, SM. But it still managed to get 10mil+WW. Which means WW sales are another factor for these franchises success. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Rol must be going crazy

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Nice day for Fire Emblem Three Houses

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Really curious what Pro Baseball Spirit's ratio will end up like. I can't think of much that's more casual audience for the PS4 in Japan than a baseball game. It has been #1 on Amazon for the past 4 or 5 days, though I imagine Pokemon will take that crown very soon.

Boutros said:

I'm glad Three Houses is gaining a little momentum going into release. Hopefully it'll have some legs post-launch.

Now there we fucking go! And it's only Wednesday! Maybe the Switch Lite is getting more Japanese players to look seriously at the Switch and its games? Nah, probably too early. But it'll be interesting if when Pokemon preorders open (supposedly tomorrow?!) they possibly might start a bit slow for Pokemon and then explode in September with the release of Switch Lite. In fact, maybe announcing Switch Lite today was no accident? Nintendo may have wanted to get people to preorder both the system and game at once, and is giving the Switch Lite a day for the news to spread before everyone goes out and preorders Pokemon with their new Switch.