By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

They need to negotiate the size of the initial shipment and it’s cost first.

Around the Network

I am coming to a point where I think that the pre order chart from COMG is quite pointless. Therefore I am contemplating if I should end my daily statistical update.

Looking forward to seeing what Fire Emblem can do, though I expect this entry to have more of an impact in the west than in Japan.

HylianSwordsman said:
Somehow I found myself under this weird delusion that Japan actually really liked Fire Emblem. Like that Fire Emblem tended to sell over a million copies and sold most of its copies in Japan or something. And was a relatively niche title that tended to have most of its first week sales preordered. Must have been imagining things.

Definitely imagined that, since Awakening is one of two Fire Emblem games to sell over a million and even Awakening had more sales from North America then Japan same goes for Fates.

Edit: Also i'm pretty sure most of Awakening's sales from it's legs so...

Last edited by Shaqazooloo0 - on 30 June 2019

Shaqazooloo0 said:

Looking forward to seeing what Fire Emblem can do, though I expect this entry to have more of an impact in the west than in Japan.

HylianSwordsman said:
Somehow I found myself under this weird delusion that Japan actually really liked Fire Emblem. Like that Fire Emblem tended to sell over a million copies and sold most of its copies in Japan or something. And was a relatively niche title that tended to have most of its first week sales preordered. Must have been imagining things.

Definitely imagined that, since Awakening is one of two Fire Emblem games to sell over a million and even Awakening had more sales from North America then Japan same goes for Fates.

Edit: Also i'm pretty sure most of Awakening's sales from it's legs so...

Yeah, I think back when we had VGChartz regional sales estimates in the database, I saw that the older titles did pretty amazingly in Japan by comparison, sometimes getting over half a million from there alone, and saw the newer titles taking off, and assumed that Japan would follow suit. Seems Nintendo just found a way to make it appeal to the west more. I thought it just blew up from being in Smash, which you think would affect the West more, but still increase sales for all regions. Seems it was a combination of that and Awakening's changes, which must have done more to appeal to the West with the casual mode and increased focus on the dating simish elements and not done much to appeal to Japanese gamers any more than it already did. Still, while Awakening's second million came from legs, its first came from FW sales and holiday sales, and it just seems like the sort of title that would be frontloaded in sales, like RPGs and other more niche genres typically are.

Around the Network

Ouch...

Well at least Fire Emblem got something today...

Everybody must be resting on the sunday........

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Slow for a Weekend day

Will crash have alright sales? It had 80K on PSone FW and 300K ltd.

XD84 said:
I am coming to a point where I think that the pre order chart from COMG is quite pointless. Therefore I am contemplating if I should end my daily statistical update.

I enjoy your updates a lot actually. If you're willing to continue them I would hope you would do so. I mean if you're just bored of the thread because you feel COMG isn't representative enough of the Japanese game market, that's fair, as it is clearly getting less and less representative with the closing of stores, the move to digital, and the move towards phones, but I'd miss the data nonetheless. Even if it isn't perfectly representative, COMG still gives me a small window into what's going on in the region, and the data in your updates is fun.