By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Mordred11 said:
Kerotan said:
Gg rdr2. I'm expecting a big week 2 for b02

Same, should be interesting to see if this has a realistic shot at beating BO2 in Japan.

It's been number 1 on amazon Japan ever since launch. Keeping rdr2 at #2.

Around the Network

Jranation said:
Replicant said:

How do you correct an opinion?

Are you sure that was an opinion? ThinkMan did not say anything like "I Think this is a....." 

No, not sure.

I just read it as an opinion due to these:

think-man said:
It's probably because ultimate doesn't really feel like a new title, more like just an enhanced version of the WiiU release.
think-man said:
I'm not bagging SSBs, I'm picking the title up myself. But I don't feel like it's so different from the last title

But of course I could be wrong. He asked all to drop the subject though and in the end it doesn't really matter what people subjectively think of Smash Ultimate. People interested will buy the game which will be a lot.

think-man said:
MasonADC said:

I really disagree with the first senetence, but this isn't the place to argue

I'm not arguing, just stating my opinion. But yes drop the subject. 

psychicscubadiver said:

By that logic isn't every fighting game sequel just 'extra content on the same title'? I dunno why SSB gets this when nobody seems to say it about other games in the genre.

Well that's the reason why fighting games are a mostly a declining genre. But no more talk of that here. 

pikashoe said:
think-man said:

Don't start. 

You are the one that started it. You can't say what you said and not expect people to correct you.

Opinions are opinions, thus cannot be corrected. Anyway, I've already said not to start, so don't respond anymore and drop it. 

Jranation said:
Replicant said:

How do you correct an opinion?

Are you sure that was an opinion? ThinkMan did not say anything like "I Think this is a....." 

Bolded in first quote. 

Opinions can be criticized. It shouldn't be that controversial that if you state your opinion, someone else might discuss their thoughts on that opinion. Expressing ideas and discussing views openly is literally the definition of a forum (a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged), and this is a forum. As much as thinkman can have and state an opinion, others can criticize it. Thinkman can change his opinion, or offer a rebuttal, and then the criticizers can accept that rebuttal, or rebut that too, and so on. "Correct" was the wrong word to use, but to suggest that no one can comment on another person's opinion is absurd. There's no point to a forum if it's just a museum of ideas where you can look at them but not touch, display your own so long as it doesn't comment on anyone else's ideas. Your ideas, be they based in opinion or fact, are not immune to criticism. If we have to drop it to stay on topic, fine, but make it clear that it's to stay on topic, not to shut down legitimate discussion.

Around the Network

Smash can't write this up to preorders of console bundles anymore. I don't get why it's lagging so much, but it's looking like it'll finish behind Smash 3DS. It's a shame, it's clearly the superior game to Smash 4, and even if Ultimate WERE just an upgrade of 4, there will be no crossplay with 4, so the Smash 4 community will collapse, and it won't be very fun for the people that don't choose to upgrade, meanwhile since they didn't, Smash Ultimate's community will be all the smaller. Let's hope this is just COMG, because this Smash definitely deserves to be the biggest in the series' history. And besides, they've yet to reveal Spirits mode or whatever it is. Hype could get much bigger.

HylianSwordsman said:
Smash can't write this up to preorders of console bundles anymore. I don't get why it's lagging so much, but it's looking like it'll finish behind Smash 3DS. It's a shame, it's clearly the superior game to Smash 4, and even if Ultimate WERE just an upgrade of 4, there will be no crossplay with 4, so the Smash 4 community will collapse, and it won't be very fun for the people that don't choose to upgrade, meanwhile since they didn't, Smash Ultimate's community will be all the smaller. Let's hope this is just COMG, because this Smash definitely deserves to be the biggest in the series' history. And besides, they've yet to reveal Spirits mode or whatever it is. Hype could get much bigger.

Well, the simple explanation is that Smash 4 released when there were more than 16 million 3DS owners in Japan, whereas Smash Ultimate will be releasing on a user-base of fewer than 6 million. Not to mention COMG's decline relative to other retailers in the past few years.

I wouldn't worry about Smash Ultimate's performance here. We saw the same thing with Super Mario Odyssey: It ended with fewer points than 3D Land, but it still sold more in its first week and is currently just 140k away from 3D Land's lifetime sales after less than a year.

GE3 dominates. Right after the end of the demo.

AAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!

JE continuing the streak.

Ge3 putting in work

think-man said:
MasonADC said:

I know it's good to have opinions and stuff... but how can you still think that after the August direct? So much content that wasn't in the Wii U version. There's no doubt that Ultimate won't outdo the Wii u+ 3ds version in sales too

It's just extra content on the same title. It's like Final Fantasy XV and Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition. Royal edition has tons of extra content, so much content that wasn't there in the original release. I'm not bagging SSBs, I'm picking the title up myself. But I don't feel like it's so different from the last title, especially after I bought all the dlc for SSB4 and it's now included at launch with this release. 

Hmm.. so you must feel this way about all fighting games that have a sequel?