By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Replicant said:
konnichiwa said:

It's probably because ultimate Soul Calibur VI doesn't really feel like a new title, more like just an enhanced version of the WiiU last gen release.

Funny because that probably IS the reason why Soul Calibur VI and other fighting games are underperforming.

Indeed i can't tell  the differences between the games anymore.  Tekken/Dead Or Alive/Soul Calibur have the same issue.

@think man that was a silly warning =p.

Around the Network

great day for god eater and finally some points for kingdom hearts

konnichiwa said:
Replicant said:

Funny because that probably IS the reason why Soul Calibur VI and other fighting games are underperforming.

Indeed i can't tell  the differences between the games anymore.  Tekken/Dead Or Alive/Soul Calibur have the same issue.

I mean..Its probably hard to really redefine a fighting game franchise with the next installment, especially considering the competitive community in mind. You still want to provide the fundamental basis that makes the games popular while trying to instill something new to the table to distinguish the next game as its own. Though sometimes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it right? Just fine tune things.

I think the big change between sequels can be shown in the example of Street Fighter IV. You can tell through the new 2.5D graphics, the new characters, the new gameplay mechanics such as focus attacks, and new modes such as online and such. Same with transitioning from Marvel vs. Capcom 2 to MvC3. though it had been years between the two games at the time. Same with Mortal Kombat 9. King of Fighters XIV also made that leap into 2.5D, but, unfortunately, its such a niche fighting game franchise that the latest installment sort of came and went. Yea, I know it has its fans (I personally picked up a copy earlier this year), but not many people in the fighting game community are talking about it.

It appears difficult for games like Tekken, Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive to really reinvent themselves because of their 3D nature. Besides graphical improvements, what else can you really do besides either evolving the gameplay mechanics or rebooting the series?

Kai_Mao said:
konnichiwa said:

It appears difficult for games like Tekken, Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive to really reinvent themselves because of their 3D nature. Besides graphical improvements, what else can you really do besides either evolving the gameplay mechanics or rebooting the series?

Well they tried and the they should try more, personally I would just release DOA6 for free with 20 characters and a similar amount of stages. Have daily/Weekly/Monthly challenges in the game and release a fighter pass for like 10 bucks a month that comes with a lot of challenges and costumes to unlock so people get addicted to come back every week or every day, keep on updating the game with new characters and stages and release a great physical version that comes with a figther pass for a few years? Basically fortnitetify it.   It's more fun to play and unlock stuff than just buy it like they did in DOA5.

DoA's main selling point I would say is it's fanservice. By taking that away I am expecting a ginormous decline in its sales. Barely anybody is going to buy that game just because the girls' tits aren't bouncing around and more conservative outfits. That is not DoA's audience.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
konnichiwa said:

Well they tried and the they should try more, personally I would just release DOA6 for free with 20 characters and a similar amount of stages. Have daily/Weekly/Monthly challenges in the game and release a fighter pass for like 10 bucks a month that comes with a lot of challenges and costumes to unlock so people get addicted to come back every week or every day, keep on updating the game with new characters and stages and release a great physical version that comes with a figther pass for a few years? Basically fortnitetify it.   It's more fun to play and unlock stuff than just buy it like they did in DOA5.

Such a horrible monetization plan ... The roster has already been bricked with DLC characters that were previously there, seems like content-wise 'll be on the weak side but no need for predatory pratices like western AAA publisher plz.

I mean we're soon getting the golden standard of what we should expect from fighting with Smash Bros Ultimate so let's go that direction instead.

Well DOA5 was infamous for it's + 1000$ DLC costumes. I am just expecting the same with DOA5.

Mar1217 said:
konnichiwa said:

Well DOA5 was infamous for it's + 1000$ DLC costumes. I am just expecting the same with DOA5.

Don't you mean DOA6 ?

Oh yeah :)

There it is.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

GE3 continues the streak.

JE's streak ended. Hopefully it will start a new one tomorrow.