By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Oh Shit! Smash and Pokemon are killing it AGAIN!!!
Any Smash Wii U and 3DS comparison?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:

Oh Shit! Smash and Pokemon are killing it AGAIN!!!
Any Smash Wii U and 3DS comparison?

And Brawl while we're at it?

Smash 1 million + debut in japan on LOCK imo.

Wonder if it can reach 2 million +

That’s nuts.

Here we go! Smash will dominate from here to its launch!

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

p0isonparadise said:
xMetroid said:
Damnnn smash.
Also Pokemon already at 34 points with 2 other skus. Its probably aover 40 points already.

There's actually 6 SKUs.

Pikachu - Standard
Pikachu - Pokeball
Eevee - Standard
Eevee - Pokeball
Double Pack - Standard
Double Pack - Pokeball 

I expect all 6 SKUs to appear in the next couple of weeks. 

Oh well thats even better then

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
peachbuggy said:
Am wondering how long Etrian can hold on to top spot at the top of the charts against Smash. My prediction? Until Boutros posts the charts tonight. I also predict at least 2 more lets' so SKUs entering the charts next update.

Nope, it managed to survive another day at the top, but barely so. Tomorrow it will be beaten for sure.

Pokemon is pretty slow - but considering how well recieved Smash has been in gaming outlets worldwide (bestselling game outside of Octopath traveller on Amazon and Gamestop, and going very strong for over a month now), it's actually not that surprising that Smash is leading the fray

Yes, it was close. Not a bad prediction. I think Smash will get a few more points tomorrow and pass it.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Finally there is some action! Looking forward to the next months.

Gonna need some Smash comparisons in a few months .

When Smash 3DS came out in September 2014 in Japan, it sold ~950k units physically, so with digital it surely exceeded 1 million units at launch, on an 3DS install base of roughly 16.2 million.
When Brawl came out in February 2008, it sold ~842k units on a Wii install base of roughly 5.2 million.

Right now, VGC has the Switch install base in Japan at a little over 4.3 million. By the time Smash Bros. Ultimate comes out, it should be close to the 6 million mark at an average baseline between 45-50k.
Usually, I'd say that the difference in install base will limit the sales potential at launch, but it didn't seem to affect Kirby Star Allies or Super Mario Odyssey. And since it's launching right at the peak of the holiday season, I'm expecting around a 1.2-1.5 million launch weekend, and by the end of December, I think it will be at 2 million.

PAOerfulone said:
When Smash 3DS came out in September 2014 in Japan, it sold ~950k units physically, so with digital it surely exceeded 1 million units at launch, on an 3DS install base of roughly 16.2 million.
When Brawl came out in February 2008, it sold ~842k units on a Wii install base of roughly 5.2 million.

Right now, VGC has the Switch install base in Japan at a little over 4.3 million. By the time Smash Bros. Ultimate comes out, it should be close to the 6 million mark at an average baseline between 45-50k.
Usually, I'd say that the difference in install base will limit the sales potential at launch, but it didn't seem to affect Kirby Star Allies or Super Mario Odyssey. And since it's launching right at the peak of the holiday season, I'm expecting around a 1.2-1.5 million launch weekend, and by the end of December, I think it will be at 2 million.

And I thought I was expecting much with 1.1-1.2M FW and 1.6-1.8M by the end of the year