By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Green098 said:
outlawauron said:

Why are you bringing up Monster Hunter 4 in a discussion about Monster Hunter tri (which is Monster Hunter 3)? It was a Wii game.

and yes, ofc it was a decline. Series peaked on PSP and has been kinda sliding down since.

Actually the series did see growth from Tri to 4, doesn't matter if wasn't the overall highest selling game. And it wasn't me who brought up.

Of course it did. Handheld iterations sell more than console iterations. The game was popularized and designed around playing next to your friends. My point was that the series has been in an overall decline as no entry is going to come close to MHP3 again.

Green098 said:
Boutros said:

But was Monster Hunter Tri a decline for the franchise?

Sort of-ish but also not really, it depends how you look at it. Due to Monster Hunter 4 not releasing worldwide and with Tri it also included a Wii version in 2009 and a 3DS version in 2011 which is such a big release date difference which was sure to bring in double dippers. If you do add in the Tri and 4 Ultimate versions (which was the first time 4 hit the west in any form) it saw an increase.

Anyways Japan numbers only (which is where I was talking about for the decline for Monster Hunter Worlds sales) which is where 4 only released, it still saw an increase, not a decline.

EDIT: Never mind my bad it didn't decline in any way. Monster Hunter 4 includes 4 Ultimate, which was just an expansion on the 4th gen game, those too added together make up 7.38 million. While all the Monster Tri series  games; Monster Hunter Tri (Wii), Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate (3DS) and Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate (Wii U) make up for a total of 6.35. Even just looking at both base Monster Hunter Tri and 4 versions, 4 has higher sales of 3.44 million than Monster Hunter Tri's 2.22 million

That's not how any of this works. For sales comparisons, we don't combine their expanded or G versions together.

If that were the case, then Monster Hunter Portable 2 would be the best selling game in the series (2.57m from base game and another 5.48m from 2G).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Kuksenkov said:
outlawauron said:

Why are you bringing up Monster Hunter 4 in a discussion about Monster Hunter tri (which is Monster Hunter 3)? It was a Wii game.

and yes, ofc it was a decline. Series peaked on PSP and has been kinda sliding down since.

This again... I need to bring up the receipts to shut it down. But all I have to say is: THE PSP IS A HANDHELD, WII IS A CONSOLE. Of course there was going to be a decline from Freedom/What not to Tri, and Tri is still the BEST SELLING CONSOLE MH GAME.

The franchise did not decline much further because it gained more relevance with the 3U and 4 release on 3DS; both within Japan AND OVERSEAS. 

And I 100% agree with the user that mentioned how much the industry has declined, its true and truly funny how people get over analytical because the PS4 sells 24k then 27k. But DO keep in mind that 1m+ IS impressive for this day and age. Smash 3DS did it and it was glorious, Dragon Quest games will surely do it too (*SKUS combined though).

You can argue slightly more relevance overseas (although the difference between what PSP entries sold and what 3DS entries sold is very little), but in Japan, that statement is false. Less sales =/= more relevance ever.

and no defense of the decline of the industry from me. I will always consider that in comparisons and it's why nothing with ever come close to MHP3 from Capcom.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Huge numbers for Dragon Quest and Splatoon today! Get hyped everyone

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Top 3 is LIT

Holy Mother of God.

Around the Network

Lol GT.
Amazing for the Top 3 and DQXI.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Amazing day for dragon quest!

Why'd you post two individual SKUs charts, Boutros? Lay off the bottle my man!

Good Lord, DQ and Splatoon are getting ready to do some damage to Japanese wallets soon.