By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

ZODIARKrebirth said:
Wonder if we will see now some points again for gran turismo with release date announced

Ruined

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

DQ11 ps4 wins another day.  hoping for 10+ this weekend though. 

I like that shin minna no golf has gotten points for the last few days, hopefully it can keep it up

I can't believe we're a week away from Splatoon's release and two weeks away from Dragon Quest's.

It'll probably get interesting in the days leading up to their releases, and then very slow afterwards. Unless Pokemon and Mario show up.

Green098 said:
outlawauron said:

What does this even mean?

I think it means that I don't see Monster Hunter World selling 3.5 million in just japan alone like the previous mainline installment Monster Hunter 4 (over 6 if you want to include the expansion 4 ultimate, but I wouldn't directly unless Worlds gets an expansion although to be fair it did only release a year afterwards so I'm sure it did cut off some of it's legs). Anyways this means instead of growth from the franchise and instead we could see a decline at least in Japan which is bad news for Capcom since that's where Monster Hunter is the biggest. We can hope the three platforms it's releasing on in the west can make for it.

But was Monster Hunter Tri a decline for the franchise?

Around the Network

Doesn't look like the Switch version of Fate/Extella will show up anymore

One Gran Tourismo Player didn't want to wait anymore it seems.

Boutros said:
Green098 said:

I think it means that I don't see Monster Hunter World selling 3.5 million in just japan alone like the previous mainline installment Monster Hunter 4 (over 6 if you want to include the expansion 4 ultimate, but I wouldn't directly unless Worlds gets an expansion although to be fair it did only release a year afterwards so I'm sure it did cut off some of it's legs). Anyways this means instead of growth from the franchise and instead we could see a decline at least in Japan which is bad news for Capcom since that's where Monster Hunter is the biggest. We can hope the three platforms it's releasing on in the west can make for it.

Sort of-ish but also not really, it depends how you look at it. Due to Monster Hunter 4 not releasing worldwide and with Tri it also included a Wii version in 2009 and a 3DS version in 2011 which is such a big release date difference which was sure to bring in double dippers. If you do add in the Tri and 4 Ultimate versions (which was the first time 4 hit the west in any form) it saw an increase.

Anyways Japan numbers only (which is where I was talking about for the decline for Monster Hunter Worlds sales) which is where 4 only released, it still saw an increase, not a decline.

EDIT: Never mind my bad it didn't decline in any way. Monster Hunter 4 includes 4 Ultimate, which was just an expansion on the 4th gen game, those too added together make up 7.38 million. While all the Monster Tri series  games; Monster Hunter Tri (Wii), Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate (3DS) and Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate (Wii U) make up for a total of 6.35. Even just looking at both base Monster Hunter Tri and 4 versions, 4 has higher sales of 3.44 million than Monster Hunter Tri's 2.22 million

DQ11 poised to a million opening on ps4!

Green098 said:
Boutros said:

Sort of-ish but also not really, it depends how you look at it. Due to Monster Hunter 4 not releasing worldwide and with Tri it also included a Wii version in 2009 and a 3DS version in 2011 which is such a big release date difference which was sure to bring in double dippers. If you do add in the Tri and 4 Ultimate versions (which was the first time 4 hit the west in any form) it saw an increase.

Anyways Japan numbers only (which is where I was talking about for the decline for Monster Hunter Worlds sales) which is where 4 only released, it still saw an increase, not a decline.

First we should wait for how World will perform before we make any early judgement I think. While yes it will not do 3DS numbers (simply because PS4 has a lower install base) I think there is enough potential there for it to grow in the west.

So let´s just see what happens.

Not a really good day for dragon quest,was expecting more points for a Friday.