By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Kai_Mao said:
Luke888 said:

Wait whaaat? Metroid showed up on Rakuten ? that's surprising

Maybe there's some hope left for this franchise in Japan.

I doubt that but, since this is a remake on 3DS, I think the sales in Japan might be very helpful to break even, the only two titles from the Metroid series that we can kind of take for comparisson are Metroid Fusion which sold 170k in Japan and Federation Force which sold 30k, considering the backlash for the latter I think MSR could sell anywhere between 50k to 150k in Japan which Imho would be Ok, it's a remake on the 3DS, I don't think they need more than 400/500k WW sales to break even, still if it could do say 200k+ in Japan it would be amazing, especially in order to make somewhat of a fanbase for Metroid with Prime 4 approaching

Around the Network

And another strong day for Dragon Quest 11 and Gundam Versus!

Another kicking ass day for Splatoon 2! Road to 1000 points!

Kyuu said:
Dragon Quest Direct effect is wearing out on Amazon. The two versions are fighting for the top spot.

It's impressive that PS4 is actually winning in the hardware front and has been keeping up with New 2DS XL for a few days now. DQ + MH hype already manifesting? the next Media Create numbers should be interesting.

Sony better solve their PS4 Pro stock issues asap and take advantage of Nintendo's mess.

What mess are you talking about? 3DS fatigue? It's been on the market for about 6 years, of course people will turn to a newer console for their favorite franchises.

Kyuu said:
guiduc said:

What mess are you talking about? 3DS fatigue? It's been on the market for about 6 years, of course people will turn to a newer console for their favorite franchises.

I was talking about Switch's supply issues.

Alright. One minute you talked about PS4 vs New 2DS XL and the next you jumped to ''Nintendo's mess'' without mentioning Switch. Didn't quite get it.

Around the Network

Rakuten Books Pre-Orders Ranking Week 25, 2017 (Jun 19 - Jun 25)

01./01. [PS4] Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time (Square Enix)

Another week goes by at rakuten and the most pre ordered game is DQ11 ps4. The only thing that has me worried is the relatively low points both versions are getting on comg. They both seem to be doing well on amazon and rakuten though.

Kerotan said:

Another week goes by at rakuten and the most pre ordered game is DQ11 ps4. The only thing that has me worried is the relatively low points both versions are getting on comg. They both seem to be doing well on amazon and rakuten though.

COMG isn't Japan alone. ARMS performed poorly and almost doubled its points at release. So your PS4 version of DQ could be on it way for a much bigger launch than COMG shows in tendency.

guiduc said:
Kerotan said:

COMG isn't Japan alone. ARMS performed poorly and almost doubled its points at release. So your PS4 version of DQ could be on it way for a much bigger launch than COMG shows in tendency.

Any idea how the ratios were for the other DQ ps4 games? 

And Sony smartly launched the Pro last year so by the time this holiday comes around they'll easily be able to up production massively. No doubt they underestimated it but this holiday they'll do a better job.

NintendoPie had to come and jinx it :/

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988