By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Looking at the amazing numbers from Splatoon 2 I can't help but think how easily the Switch will outsell the entire LT sales of the Wii U in one year in Japan, beating Wii U in one year worldwide would be a great accomplishment but I think that beating Wii U in Japan alone is guaranteed

Around the Network
Pok87 said:
Miguel_Zorro said:

Please stop posting these numbers.  It doesn't help the thread. 

Why? This clearly reflects the interest in consoles. So far, Switch is leading, PS4 and 3DS are doing well, and Vita is probably finished.

I used to do this comparison daily.  It was my thing but the mods told me to stop.  It was receiving too many complaints.  I'd happily continue it today but as you can see they don't wavy it and I have to respect the will of the mods.

Miguel_Zorro said:
Pok87 said:
NSW - 22
PS4 - 12
3DS - 7
PSV - 0

May I hear your reasoning for this?

Kerotan said:
Pok87 said:

Why? This clearly reflects the interest in consoles. So far, Switch is leading, PS4 and 3DS are doing well, and Vita is probably finished.

I used to do this comparison daily.  It was my thing but the mods told me to stop.  It was receiving too many complaints.  I'd happily continue it today but as you can see they don't wavy it and I have to respect the will of the mods.

I do not understand the reasons, but ok...

Dreamcaster said:
Miguel_Zorro said:

The reasoning is, that this thread went to shit after the last time of constantly showcasing the difference (Console Wars BS). It was from all sides and seen as form of stealth trolling, and the metrics used to showcase the strongest console would constantly change. One day it will be number of which consoles did better, the other day it will be one specific game vs home console, and so on (It has not died, but that is typically we do not have those lists). 

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Dreamcaster said:

The reasoning is, that this thread went to shit after the last time of constantly showcasing the difference (Console Wars BS). It was from all sides and seen as form of stealth trolling, and the metrics used to showcase the strongest console would constantly change. One day it will be number of which consoles did better, the other day it will be one specific game vs home console, and so on (It has not died, but that is typically we do not have those lists). 

Hmm, alright I guess that makes sense. It's a shame that measures like this have to be taken, but I guess it's for the best. Cheers for the explanation; I wasn't around when all that went down :)

I wonder how many people are holding out pre-ordering Dragon Quest XI because they're waiting for a switch release date announcement. I'm sure the gap would be much wider between DQXI and Splatoon 2 if there was a Switch version up for pre-order as well.

The crazy thing is Splatoon will keep selling after the initial launch because Switches arn't making orders.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Acevil said:

I seriously can not believe the amount of vitriol this thread has created in the months I was absent. Never remembered it being this bad.

NintendoPie said:
Acevil said:

I seriously can not believe the amount of vitriol this thread has created in the months I was absent. Never remembered it being this bad.

Definitely was best thread on VGC, but some people just gotta ruin good things.