By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:

So, ~6m JP LT for Splatoon 2. You heard it on from tbone first.

As far as port/remaster comments, that's just what it looks like. It's a fairly common criticism about lack of change that shooters run into.

True that (your 2nd paragraph)

Splatoon lifetime 1.75mil (estimate) x3 5.25mil. I was aiming more of a doable goal of 5mil which is crazy, 6mil.... Oh man it would have to be pokemon tier level in the 90s

Oh, I thought I read you or someone else saying that it would eventually make it to 1.8-2m. Regardless, I don't think that's a reasonable expectation. The question becomes:

1. What does Splatoon 2 do to bring in an audience that Splatoon doesn't?

2. Will the Switch sell at the rate of a console or handheld? I don't think anyone expects it to be at 3DS numbers.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Retag.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

tbone51 said:

Dont worry i have about 5-10 good bold predictions this year. With 2 being extremly bold xD (like splat2 doing close to or over 5mil lifetime)

That's not bold, that's my expected minimum sales if the Switch keeps it's momentum. After all Splatoon has the longest legs tentacles ever

I'll go and boldly exclaim 8 Million sales for Splatoon 2

Bofferbrauer said:
tbone51 said:

Dont worry i have about 5-10 good bold predictions this year. With 2 being extremly bold xD (like splat2 doing close to or over 5mil lifetime)

That's not bold, that's my expected minimum sales if the Switch keeps it's momentum. After all Splatoon has the longest legs tentacles ever

You think Splatoon 2 will end up being the second best selling game of all time in Japan? 

Bofferbrauer said:
tbone51 said:

If a game has long legs, usually its sequel will have a very front loaded launch. Look at Yokai Watch. I wouldn't expect Spla2n to have anywhere near the same legs as the original.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
p0isonparadise said:
Bofferbrauer said:

You think Splatoon 2 will end up being the second best selling game of all time in Japan? 

Well Tbone wanted a bold prediction, I gave him one ;)

And considering how well the first one did on the Wii U, if the Switch continues to sell like hot cakes it might actually be possible

But in all fairness, I only really expect 6 Million, but I think 8 are a possibility.

Mario Kart 7 didn't reach 3 million on 3DS, and you are expecting from 5 to 8 million for Splatoon 2. lol

Sorry for the lateness.

horuhe said:
Mario Kart 7 didn't reach 3 million on 3DS, and you are expecting from 5 to 8 million for Splatoon 2. lol

They are being crazy for crazy sake.