By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Dhibz said:

I wonder how high KH will make it to the end..

think-man said:

The only thing that hasn't been included is the pre orders for the Final Fantasy XV limited edition console bundle, the Final Fantasy XV ultimate edition (which is only available on SE website) and digital pre orders which at last count in Japan had a total of only 372 ratings ( ratings are confirmed purchases, though not everyone that purchase rates) compared to EU which had 2257 and USA which had 2896. So in general the west seem much more interested in this than Japan.

Edit recount: Japan psn has over 500 now,  EU has over 3000 and USA is over 4000

If we used those numbers as sample data, then Japan will only contribute 6-7% of total worldwide sales??

Well this is probably the most western final fantasy ever made,  i can see how it appeals less to the Japanese. 

Around the Network
think-man said:
Dhibz said:

I wonder how high KH will make it to the end..

If we used those numbers as sample data, then Japan will only contribute 6-7% of total worldwide sales??

Well this is probably the most western final fantasy ever made,  i can see how it appeals less to the Japanese. 

If we're talking about digital, it's normal for Japan to be low, since digital rate is lower than the west. 

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

So did ffxv break ps4 record or not?

outlawauron said:
Boutros said:
The end of an era.

My thoughts as well. Sad to see how far the series has fallen, but it is indeed the end of an era.

more like how far gamers have fallen

Acevil said:
Farsala said:
The whole console market is down in Japan still.

So I think the numbers are acceptable for FF and PS4.

IF PS4 was up on PS3 (FFXIII week) or any other singular week, but FFXV down then we could definitely call FFXV flop and vice versa.

But since everything is down, we really cannot expect the market to magically be up with less software releases.

FFVII still has a chance to top FFXV, but I personally don't expect it to. We shall see.

PS4 and PS3 are really neck to neck in terms of hardware sales (same time frame), so it doing worse than Final Fantasy XIII is showcasing a decline. The fact that people think these numbers are acceptable in general is because of jadedness from months of it doing bad in COMG, but even with jaded outlook these numbers are just bad. I would have guessed at least a million a year ago, now I wondering if 800,000 is even something I should expect first week, I think it will do better than 600,000 but besides that no idea. 

Is it just the software sales where the PS3 is ahead of the PS4? Or its also close? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Rob5VGC said:
@horuhe Who put that FF XIII PS3 case in the FF XV section? Always trying to make us remember Lightning.

Those things usually happens at stores in Japan. They always sell a new release alongside with the previous entries.

Kresnik said:

I miss the old Tsutaya threads.  Someone should start them up again.

Still, Rakuten is nice.  And hey, Code Realize charter here at least!  Looks like the Samurai Warriors breakdown is more sensible here too.

Is Sony publishing Watch Dogs 2 in Japan? O.o

Also SD Gundam Vita > PS4, yay.

Yeah, I miss them also. I thing I could I'm usually awake at the time Rakuten and TSUTAYA update their sites.

Sorry, that was my fault, for the next one it will be correct.

Respect to Gundam all three, point out Vita version being higher, so yes, kinda happy for this.

tbone51 said:

Maybe do a weekly thread of comg points/tsutaya/rakuten? Get your weekly in 1 thread. 

I cant do it though :/

Yeah, I will try it. For next week, I will open it, ok? It will be awesome.

Acevil said:

If I had link to Tsutaya and Rakuten, I can try giving it a shot. I know Tsutaya is Sunday night for me. 

For TSUTAYA is this one:

http://store-tsutaya.tsite.jp/rank/game.html

For Rakuten Books is this one:

http://books.rakuten.co.jp/ranking/weekly/006#!/

For Rakuten Books there is something to point out. I always gather the info and divide it into sales and pre-orders, but there are games, as for example this week (Sumikko Gurashi or Mario Kart 7), that are higher and should not be counted because they don't enter at the top 20, unless they do it.

So that's why I prefer posting it by myself. Other topic is that, I'm suscribed to daily and weekly mails from Rakuten and they usually send me that info, they will be adding points in not too much time, so we will see. They usually update the daily chart at 7:45am Japanese Time, and for the weekly chart at 8:15am Japanese Time.

Hoped ffxv will get more than 6 points on the last day, but i think it will have good opening

Ruler said:
outlawauron said:

My thoughts as well. Sad to see how far the series has fallen, but it is indeed the end of an era.

pokemon 1.9m and monster hunter tracking to be on 1.5m opening

more like FF series and not gamers

metacritic pokemon s/m = 87 , MH G = 85 , and FF XV = 84 with more reviews to come could be lower than that

hiska-kun said:
think-man said:

If we're talking about digital, it's normal for Japan to be low, since digital rate is lower than the west. 

Ok.. good to know that..^^

m_csquare said:
So did ffxv break ps4 record or not?

It did break the record for a PS4 title in the pre-order chart.

katakpisang said:
Ruler said:

pokemon 1.9m and monster hunter tracking to be on 1.5m opening

more like FF series and not gamers

metacritic pokemon s/m = 87 , MH G = 85 , and FF XV = 84 with more reviews to come could be lower than that

You should take account the user base as well.. 3DS has over 20m user base in Japan, while PS4 only has around 3m. Selling a million copy on 3DS platform means 5% attach rate, while selling 500k for PS4 means 16.7% attach rate. Anything under 20% in first week is still not a good stat for FF main series tho, eg. FFXIII attach rate was almost 30% (app 1.5m copies fw / 4.5m units PS3). 

My prediction was that Final Fantasy XV will end up with 460-470p. I got this one right! :P
Afterall the game did alright. It's definitely not a bad perfomance as a lot people have called it in this thread.
Now let's hope for a strong ratio! 600-700k first week would be good!