By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Acevil said:
Mike_L said:

1. Tales of Berseria
2. Persona 5
3. Final Fantasy XV
4. Persona 5 CE
5. The Witcher 3 GOTY
6. Ratchet & Clank
7. No Man’s Sky
8. Final Fantasy XV CE
9. Final Fantasy XV
10. Tales of Berseria
11. Gravity Daze 2
12. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Remastered
13. The Last Guardian
14. Yakuza 6
15. Battlefield 1

A lot of great games indeed

Japanese home console market may be cut in half (based on 23.18 mill PS2 vs. 10.43 mill PS3) but those who stayed have great taste.

They always had great tastes, the only issue is, for some reason last generations the developers decided to westernfy a lot of games and horrible development times. 

Yeah. I agree.

Ironically this westernization of Japanese developed games actually made their games sell worse in the West (and in Japan).

Around the Network
palou said:
Mike_L said:

1. Tales of Berseria
2. Persona 5
3. Final Fantasy XV
4. Persona 5 CE
5. The Witcher 3 GOTY
6. Ratchet & Clank
7. No Man’s Sky
8. Final Fantasy XV CE
9. Final Fantasy XV
10. Tales of Berseria
11. Gravity Daze 2
12. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Remastered
13. The Last Guardian
14. Yakuza 6
15. Battlefield 1

A lot of great games indeed

Japanese home console market may be cut in half (based on 23.18 mill PS2 vs. 10.43 mill PS3) but those who stayed have great taste.

What happens when they don't take pokemon preorders anymore...

Then both dedicated handheld and home console market would struggle in Japan?

I don't know?

Well no point in killing yourself ff.... Forgot what number you are xD

Weekly comparison is fine. Its far away now. Here is now hoping P5 hits 600k since it has no competition with !

Viktor said:
Standard PR nothing more, reminds me of the delay of Uppers this year, FF15 went gold according to Tabata, which means they actually could have launched it in time if they wanted to. It´s very hard to believe that FF15s pre-order performance especially in Japan didn´t majorly affect their decission and that it wasn´t the main reason.

This way they avoid Persona5 (something that seemed to bother them even before announcing the release date, since there was a specific question in one of their surveys about Persona5) and launch at a commercially stronger period (basically the first week in December).

I doubt this is the reason. XV is not designed solely for Japan, and they have stated that this will have a small limited impact on their earnings (as in: a little bit less) but they don`t adjust their earnings. So basically this is not a preorder or financial decision.

Mike_L said:
Acevil said:

They always had great tastes, the only issue is, for some reason last generations the developers decided to westernfy a lot of games and horrible development times. 

Yeah. I agree.

Ironically this westernization of Japanese developed games actually made their games sell worse in the West (and in Japan).

Correlation does not equal causation.

Around the Network

So now the battle of ffxv vs ffxiii preorders starts again.

Teeqoz said:
Mike_L said:

Yeah. I agree.

Correlation does not equal causation.

That's true. With Xbox 360's early success, the Japanese market share would've probably decreased no matter how good the games were.

But in hindsight they might have seen more success if they had continued to cater to fans of Japanese games (and ignored the parts of the market that favored Western games). After all, many liked Japanese games partly because Japanese developers made what they understood culturally and what they were best at.

BraLoD said:
tbone51 said:
Well no point in killing yourself ff.... Forgot what number you are xD

Weekly comparison is fine. Its far away now. Here is now hoping P5 hits 600k since it has no competition with !

Would be nice both ways to watch a Persona 5 boost because of that.
Obviously good for Persona, but also shows that people were holding money without being able to decide which one to get.

I really hope that happens in the following days.

Imo i think FFXV delay wont change a thing in terms of sales but by FF moving itll help out p5 in the long run.

So if p5 were to sell 450k by years end, now i can see it sell an extra 50k for example.

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 24 July 2018