By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

ShinKroller said:
PowerXXX said:

Yep you are quite fortunate. I too have been thinking of starting to learn japanese only to play some games that will never get localized (and of course because i like the language and the culture). Since you are studying japanese can i ask you a question? If i study the language around 3 hours every day, how fluent will i be in 1 year? Could at least have a good idea of what's going on when i am reading/hearing something? Most people say to me that i am pretty good with foreign languages (i speak 3) but i think that it's a matter of personal studying.

Well, it does depend on the person. I started learning japanese in 2010, but that was just the basics hiragana and katakana. It wasn't until end of 2013 that I started trying to translate proper japanese games. It was only 2014 that I managed to mostly translate a game with kanjis.
I suppose with 1 year, you might be able to reach a somewhat intermediate level of fluency depending on you. 

But with the tools available to us now, it is much more convenient to translate kanji compared to past. In 2013 i was using 2 devices to translate while looking at screenshots of dialogues in vita.

That said, I'm not so good at grammar and the kanjis themselves. I mostly memorise the kanji associated with the vocabulary. But so far it's worked fine for me.

I see. Thanks for answering!

Around the Network
PowerXXX said:

I see. Thanks for answering!

No problem. I generally just lurk around a few threads without saying anything.

Great day for Dragon Quest Builders!!! Finally the hype for the game is starting!!!

Boutros said:
Weekly ranking:

Index Period: January 18 - January 24, 2016, 2016

[PS4] Yakuza pole - 199pt
[PS3] Yakuza pole - 160pt
[3DS] Zelda Muso Hailar All Stars (Japan Version) - 84Pt
[Vita] GOD EATER RESURRECTION God Eater Resurrection - 62pt
[PS4] Resident Evil Origins Collection - 52pt
[PS4] Just Cause 3 - 51Pt
[PS3] Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster - 49pt
[3DS] Monster Hunter Cross - 47pt
[3DS] monster strike - 40pt
[WiiU] Splatoon - 27pt
[Vita] Odin Sphere Reivusurashiru - 23pt
[Vita] Main Craft: PlayStation Vita Edition - 20pt
[PS4] Odin Sphere Reivusurashiru - 17pt
[PS4] Call of Duty Black Ops III - 14pt
[WiiU] Super Mario manufacturer - 12pt
[PS4] Fallout 4 (Fallout 4) - 12pt
[3DS] Zelda Muso Hailar Allstars Premium BOX - 12pt
[3DS] specter watch Busters Akaneko-dan - 11pt
[3DS] Disney Magic Castle My Happy Life 2 - 11pt
[PS4] StarWars Battlefront - 10pt

Seems like a very good week for God Eater at COMG. :D

hiska-kun said:

God Eater won't be on MC top 20. Comg isn't big enough to make a change on the overall japanese market.

Hiska, how much do you think can this game do in Japan?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZrOCtgk_Uc

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
hiska-kun said:

God Eater won't be on MC top 20. Comg isn't big enough to make a change on the overall japanese market.

Hiska, how much do you think can this game do in Japan?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZrOCtgk_Uc

I've never heard about this game before lol

From the trailer it's something similar to Kenka Bancho. Seems quite niche to me, though. But I wouldn't be surprised if outsells Kenka Bancho 6, due to an audience match on Vita.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

spurgeonryan said:
OH, Japan is interested in Mario Tennis U? Hmm.... Good for it!

The game is not bad, is just incomplete, with a lower release price it could have sold better in America also, I don't know if that is the case in Japan.

Dayum :O

flagstaad said:
spurgeonryan said:
OH, Japan is interested in Mario Tennis U? Hmm.... Good for it!

The game is not bad, is just incomplete, with a lower release price it could have sold better in America also, I don't know if that is the case in Japan.

Judging by it's price on amazon japan, not really, it's not lower than the price of other Wii U games from Nintendo.

Speaking of Amazon, Wii U is sold out there again. The console was in stock for about one-and-a-half days before being unavailable again. I wonder what's going on there...

Edit: Ok, that was unexpected for today's numbers. These ships are shipping well it seems