By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

the_dengle said:
Clyde32 said:

Nothing on home consoles. Pokemon OR/AS had like 200 though.

Uh, ORAS had well over 1000. That's a 3DS game though. For all the doom and gloom about home consoles in Japan, this here new IP seems to be doing alright for itself.

Sorry, I thought you meant in one day. And to correct myself, it was 300 in one day.

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:

Sorry, I thought you meant in one day. And to correct myself, it was 300 in one day.

ORAS got 300 in one day? Time for Tlozjb to update his sig.

tbone51 said:

Just had a list. DQ:Hero had 200p+ and Bloodborne had about 190, aftr that PS4 games are under 100p.

Also Knack lol. Probably not even 1p on COMG. I checked and it was less than 11p (didnt chart)

That's quite impressive for Bloodborne, technically a new IP although certainly recognizable as a FromSoft game to their audience. I suppose the same is true of Splatoon, it's very "Nintendo" despite not having many obvious similarities with their other games.

Skullwaker said:
So, I just checked the COMG archive to see what Yo-kai's original stay on the chart was, and I was shocked to find out it ended with 29pt. Twenty-nine. And now the game is well over a million sold in Japan alone.

I think that was the last new IP in Japan to really get big. I have to wonder if Splatoon could have similar legs and be the next big thing (I don't mean 1m in Japan, but big for a console game without Mario, Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy, at least).

What! O_o

I though Yo-kai had better points than Splatoon... lol

Keybladewielder said:

When was the last time a game got 25+ points in a single day (before Splatoon)?

Well, not quite 25+, but KanColle Kai did have a day where it got 21 points combined.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7186873

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
Clyde32 said:

ORAS got 300 in one day? Time for Tlozjb to update his sig.

It was the day pre-orders opened if I recall correctly, so while it was wonderful, it doesn't really count :P

Goodnightmoon said:
What! O_o

I though Yo-kai had better points than Splatoon... lol

Not the original. It had a very small opening and once the anime started, the game exploded and went on to have incredible legs.

This is why I want Nintendo to make a Splatoon anime.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:

Not the original. It had a very small opening and once the anime started, the game exploded and went on to have incredible legs.

This is why I want Nintendo to make a Splatoon anime.

Psh, you know it'll have legs regardless.

I woudn't object to a Splatoon anime though. Not something ongoing until the end of time like Pokemon, maybe more like Pokemon The Origin.

Well, I don't think I can say the same for America, since we're all so picky and hard with online, and I fear that the early connection issues yesterday may have hurt pre-orders in NA, if someone has evidence against this, please let me know.
But it seems as though Japan didn't care, because this game is even bigger than ever before with 3 days left.
I gotta change my Japanese prediction. I'll be back

the_dengle said:
Psh, you know it'll have legs regardless.

I woudn't object to a Splatoon anime though. Not something ongoing until the end of time like Pokemon, maybe more like Pokemon The Origin.

Oh, for sure. Especially since it'll have free DLC updates, it's multiplayer focused like MK8, and...it's A Nintendo game.

Yeah, I don't think it should go on forever either. Just long enough to give the game widespread attention and make the characters easily recognizable in Japanese media. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread