By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

outlawauron said:

Amagami wasn't a new game though. It was just an enhanced PSP port. 

Huh?

Amagami = PS2 original game; Amagami Ebikore = PSP port with new content; Amigami Ebikore+ = Vita port with new content.

PhotoKano = PSP original game; PhotoKano Kiss = Vita port with new content; PhotoKano Kiss Ebikore = ???

Based on the precedent of naming of the other titles, I assumed it was a new version.  If it's just a re-release, that's fine (and it's performed surprisingly well for just a re-release), but that's definitely not obvious from the name.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:

I don't get what the budget part has to do with it.  Are you saying it's a cheaply made game which they're charging full price for, or a cheaply made game that they're charging less for?

If it's the latter, then that's no excuse really.  If anything it'd need to sell just as much because they're making less per copy on selling it.

I just would've expected better from the only Nintendo game releasing for two months alongside the Kirby name, which I was under the impression had a decent amount of pull in Japan.

But calling it a bomb because? I know they make less money for each copy as its 2/3rds the normal price but it sold 50k+ already and will continue to sell and most likely be over 100k.

I dont get how its a bomb. Thats what im asking. Its a budget title, hence the lower in price. Sooo compared to other/most games in japan, does this cost alot more to make? Most games dont even hit that 100k mark in japan lifetime.

Maybe its a bomb because its the only Nintendo Game being released in 2months? Because it's Kirby? Because its lower than you expected?

The words Flop/Bomb are used to loosely, imo this is another case of that.

Saizo said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

I know making these takes time, but if possible I'd love to see this graph with the Y axis starting at zero. The PS4 version looks even more miserable than it is like this. If it's a pain to do that don't worry though!

That's all I can do. I use this page http://nces.ed.gov/nceskids/createagraph/ and there is limit to 50 for X axis.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

tbone51 said:
Kresnik said:

I just would've expected better from the only Nintendo game releasing for two months alongside the Kirby name, which I was under the impression had a decent amount of pull in Japan.

Maybe its a bomb because its the only Nintendo Game being released in 2months? Because it's Kirby? Because its lower than you expected?

Maybe indeed :p

Well, we can argue semantics all day.  I think it bombed, you think it didn't.  Fair enough.

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:
Kresnik said:

Maybe indeed :p

Well, we can argue semantics all day.  I think it bombed, you think it didn't.  Fair enough.

My bad^ I just think we here bomb/flop to often. Im disspointed in you :'-( (for saying it toooooo)

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

My bad^ I just think we here bomb/flop to often. Im disspointed in you :'-( (for saying it toooooo)

It's okay.  It's only that we've discussed this before on a number of occassions.  I don't really see the point in pussy-footing around to use different wording for when a game underperforms.

You're probably right, it's not an out-and-out Gaist Crusher level bomb.  But it's really not a good performance either, in my opinion.

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

It's okay.  It's only that we've discussed this before on a number of occassions.  I don't really see the point in pussy-footing around to use different wording for when a game underperforms.

You're probably right, it's not an out-and-out Gaist Crusher level bomb.  But it's really not a good performance either, in my opinion.

Oh of course! Im not saying it performed well at all, in fact i agree it underperformed! Just bomb sounds..... Well terrible!!! But Yeah, i know im a pain in the ***!!!! XD

If xenoblade chronicles x doesnt show up by the end of February
Im eating my fake hat

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Zelda is giving her divine presence to this chart. Once is off, just peasants will be left.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Ah, nothing for Bloodborne again.

DQH gonna be big