By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

hiska-kun said:
ktay95 said:
Boutros said:
ktay95 said:

Wait with just the expansion or with the game+expansion?? Cause Im totally ok with lumping them together in that case, its basically a GOTY edition (just named differently) which we also lump in with regular sales all the time.

It's game + expansion.

Same thing happened for Dragon's Dogma.

Yeah well in that case it sold 500k =D

No, come on.

Monster Hunter 4G (or Ultimate) it's just an expansion of 4, including new monsters. It's the same game + new monsters and missions. It means now that MH4 sold more than 5 million and it's approachung to 6??? Of course no. There're a lot of rebuyers. The same with Dark Souls. VGC way of tracking is completely wrong.

No their is a massive difference. The Dark Souls thing is just bundled DLC available to those who bought the original releaes. MH4G contains content that cant be obtained in any way in MH4. Only a moron would purchase a game and then purchase it again with bundled DLC when you could just download the DLC for your original copy

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
hiska-kun said:
ktay95 said:
Boutros said:
ktay95 said:

Wait with just the expansion or with the game+expansion?? Cause Im totally ok with lumping them together in that case, its basically a GOTY edition (just named differently) which we also lump in with regular sales all the time.

It's game + expansion.

No, come on.

Monster Hunter 4G (or Ultimate) it's just an expansion of 4, including new monsters. It's the same game + new monsters and missions. It means now that MH4 sold more than 5 million and it's approachung to 6??? Of course no. There're a lot of rebuyers. The same with Dark Souls. VGC way of tracking is completely wrong.

No their is a massive difference. The Dark Souls thing is just bundled DLC available to those who bought the original releaes. MH4G contains content that cant be obtained in any way in MH4. Only a moron would purchase a game and then purchase it again with bundled DLC when you could just download the DLC for your original copy

Yeah and also, Dark Souls had done 360k by the end of 2012 so it's definitely not a "300k franchise", more like a 400k franchise if we don't count the "complete edition" (we should)

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

ktay95 said:
hiska-kun said:
ktay95 said:
Boutros said:
ktay95 said:

It's game + expansion.

No, come on.

Dark Souls was sold at 7.800 yen. The expansion costs 4.800 yen. It had some bonuses at retail. A strategy guide, a CD, a map... (Not available digital).

We're talking about Japan, a country that loves retail (and digital sales are low) and loves special editions. Just look how sometimes games that cost 10.000 yen had a lot of pre-orders in this thread. Japan doesn't care about prices if they get a nice edition. And the price for the expansion wasn't that high with all the extras.

I'm pretty sure that there're a lot of rebuyers.

Anyway, what I wanted to say with all of this is give sense to some expectations. Bloodborne will be in the 300k rang, not 500k. I think the fanbase will be the same.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Seems like I'm way late to the discussion, so nvm.

I just hope Bloodborne can reach Dark Souls' numbers.

Smashing Day

YW2.5 going crazyyyyyyyyy

Around the Network

Pokémon flopped, but I miss it now. I need new games announced soon.

Oh Smash, one way or another you end smashing my heart.

Munchies said:
Pokémon flopped, but I miss it now. I need new games announced soon.

Nintendo must love games that flop, cuz ORAS=$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Smash beasting!