By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Vena said:

Nintendo is starting to take over the chart. Also random Lego game appears.

DerNebel said:
How can CoD on PS3 have 79 points and CoD on PS4 doesn't even break the top 20? Weird.

That's weird to you? The populations are not exactly anywhere near comprable. The PS4s situation isn't exactly healthy, even DQH isn't charting and that has one of the biggest Japanese IPs slapped onto it.

Yeah it's weird to me and it should be weird to you as well, if you thought about it for a second.

Destiny on PS4 appeared way earlier than the PS3 version, same for The Evil Within or MGS Ground Zeroes, even the new AC game on PS4 has appeared in the top 20.

Not really a fan of using it, but take a look at Amazon.jp's best seller list:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sv_vg_1

PS3 version is on top but the PS4 version is right behind it and what's also noteworthy, the PS4 version has been in the top hundred for longer than the PS3 version.

Edit: Oh and the PS3 version of DQ:H hasn't charted either so I don't know what you're trying to prove with that.

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Kresnik said:
Hurray, Phantasy Star. Finally.

And this week's Media Create is going to be incredibly boring =/

week after should be fun due to cod, toad, new wii u and 3ds bundles etc.

3DS Bundles? The smash bundles launch next week?

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

DerNebel said:

Yeah it's weird to me and it should be weird to you as well, if you thought about it for a second.

Destiny on PS4 appeared way earlier than the PS3 version, same for The Evil Within or MGS Ground Zeroes, even the new AC game on PS4 has appeared in the top 20.

Not really a fan of using it, but take a look at Amazon.jp's best seller list:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sv_vg_1

PS3 version is on top but the PS4 version is right behind it and what's also noteworthy, the PS4 version has been in the top hundred for longer than the PS3 version.

Edit: Oh and the PS3 version of DQ:H hasn't charted either so I don't know what you're trying to prove with that.

Not weird to me at all, actually.

Destiny was a new IP with a huge marketting campaign behind it and the promise of big things. CoD is CoD, everyone already knows what CoD is, and the other games you listed are either (a.) in entirely different genres or (b.) not necessarily indicative of total sales (TEW). The PS3 has a much larger install base and one that apparently has more interest in CoD than whatever happens to be on the PS4.

Its not weird, its not even all that surprising when you compare install bases and the legs on even Destiny between PS3 and PS4. Amazon itself is a weird chart to follow for eastern sales. :P

(For DQH? Oh I am just saying that the title itself has not been moving as one would expect of the brand. I mean its pretty obvious that its been slatted as an attempt to push or give some life to the PS4 in Japan or at the very least hype up a return to consoles for DQXI. I still think the move away from handhelds is a weird one if it comes to pass unless this whole DQH push is a total leg-pull.)

Holy Fu*k!!! Yokai watch!!!!!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

lol the just build up a new ip in Japan out of nowhere
incredible yw numbers

cod for ps4 is weird. ofc it will sell los than ps3
but it seems dead. hard to belive. maybe below 50k first week?

Around the Network

Lol this Pikachu pic actually showed up under the search Jibanyan =P

Vena said:

Not weird to me at all, actually.

Destiny was a new IP with a huge marketting campaign behind it and the promise of big things. CoD is CoD, everyone already knows what CoD is, and the other games you listed are either (a.) in entirely different genres or (b.) not necessarily indicative of total sales (TEW). The PS3 has a much larger install base and one that apparently has more interest in CoD than whatever happens to be on the PS4.

Its not weird, its not even all that surprising when you compare install bases and the legs on even Destiny between PS3 and PS4. Amazon itself is a weird chart to follow for eastern sales. :P

(For DQH? Oh I am just saying that the title itself has not been moving as one would expect of the brand. I mean its pretty obvious that its been slatted as an attempt to push or give some life to the PS4 in Japan or at the very least hype up a return to consoles for DQXI. I still think the move away from handhelds is a weird one if it comes to pass unless this whole DQH push is a total leg-pull.)

Is Dragon Quest Heroes even available for pre-ordering yet? I'm not sure...

Tlozjb said:
Holy mother of Yokai o.O How is that even possible?!

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Pokemon.

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

I think you need to cross out pokemon and put Youkai Watch

When should we start worrying about One Piece?

benao87 said:
When should we start worrying about One Piece?

never