By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

MK8 needs to pick it up to hit 300 points. Should see 280 for sure though.
GOOOO!!

Around the Network

Quite a boring day for the Blue Island up at the top, but that's true for most of the chart.

At least we learned Boutros is completely and undeniably biased today.

Not exciting day for Yokai.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Disappointing day. Still, only a point a day needed for MK8 to beat NSMBU and become most preordered Wii U game. Beating MK7, on the other hand, will be near impossible, requiring 14 points a day. You've got your work cut out for you, MK8!

tbone51 said:
Conegamer said:
Clyde32 said:
Top spot. Just saying.

For individual SKU's, yes. Obviously it's still a good way behind YW2 as a whole, though. Let's see if it can stay there now. Still, it's something I didn't expect to see. That could be more down to YW2 slowing down that MK8 speeding up though.

Also, this three points was pretty much as expected. Thought maybe it could have got more, though...

I think everybody knows this by now^^ 

I just want to kno why all the excuses? This is the first time i see this being a major thing. Usually its something not much of a bother but with "MK8" its a big deal :-/ (meaning it happened in the past but nowhere near enough attention like MK8 is getting O.o)

*This being towards everybody in general of course. Just find it so ironic...

This is NOT the first time I've seen this being a major thing. Whenever a really popular game makes it to the top, and everyone gets excited, several people come out and start talking about "true" number 1. It's not ironic, but it is annoying. It's a chart people. The top spot of a chart is the top spot of a chart. You might think it's meaningless, but to some people it isn't, and technically, the entire thread is pretty pointless if you think about it. It's some tiny chain of game stores in Japan that represents about a 1000th of the market. We look at it because Boutros made a pretty chart about video games, and we are amused by pretty charts about video games. Heck, some of us are just amused about pretty charts in general. This is NOT the place to get technical about things. Let people find what amusement in the chart that they can.

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:

This is NOT the first time I've seen this being a major thing. Whenever a really popular game makes it to the top, and everyone gets excited, several people come out and start talking about "true" number 1. It's not ironic, but it is annoying. It's a chart people. The top spot of a chart is the top spot of a chart. You might think it's meaningless, but to some people it isn't, and technically, the entire thread is pretty pointless if you think about it. It's some tiny chain of game stores in Japan that represents about a 1000th of the market. We look at it because Boutros made a pretty chart about video games, and we are amused by pretty charts about video games. Heck, some of us are just amused about pretty charts in general. This is NOT the place to get technical about things. Let people find what amusement in the chart that they can.

How is this thread pointless? It's an indication of Japanese video game pre-orders and a pretty good one at that when you learn how to understand the numbers. The chart is but a visual interface but the numbers are very real. I wouldn't have posted a chart every day for the past 2 years had it not had some accuracy. And it's quite insulting of you to say something like that when you've been around for far too short of a time to understand how COMG works or to doubt its legitimacy.

Boutros said:

How is this thread pointless? It's an indication of Japanese video game pre-orders and a pretty good one at that when you learn how to understand the numbers. The chart is but a visual interface but the numbers are very real. I wouldn't have posted a chart every day for the past 2 years had it not had some accuracy. And it's quite insulting of you to say something like that when you've been around for far too short of a time to understand how COMG works or to doubt its legitimacy.

No need to get offended. I respect what you do every day, believe me, and thank you for your dedication. And I've been watching this thread for most of the current one's lifetime, reading every post, though I never was around for the old thread. The point is, we're amused by putting numbers to video games. It's the entire point of the site. Of course the numbers do reflect something real, but it affects us very little. We watch this for our own amusement. Getting technical about it just ruins the fun. Let people have fun with it. I don't understand why you'd want anything else from this. If the point isn't that it's interesting, then why do it? Do you all fancy yourselves investors and analysts? Of course not, you just want to get hyped about a game's release. Stop worrying about "true number one" and have fun with it.

Mario Kart 8 is finally number 1!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I think the PES situation is linked to the FIFA PS4 bundle coming 6/5. Serious football fans will likely pick PS4+FIFA over old PS3 PES, living room for 3DS PES.

Why isn't One Piece showing up?

ryuzaki57 said:
I think the PES situation is linked to the FIFA PS4 bundle coming 6/5. Serious football fans will likely pick PS4+FIFA over old PS3 PES, living room for 3DS PES.

Why isn't One Piece showing up?

PES still bigger then fifa in Japan

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m