By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

ryuzaki57 said:
I think the PES situation is linked to the FIFA PS4 bundle coming 6/5. Serious football fans will likely pick PS4+FIFA over old PS3 PES, living room for 3DS PES.

Why isn't One Piece showing up?

Fifa above PES in Japan? Wtf??? 

Maybe release the PS3 and 3DS at the same time has something to do. All other years the PS3 version always come first, being the later versions late ports and less hyped. So finally releasing the game at the same time is showing a strength for the portable version.

Still i belive the PS3 will sell better cause they built the fanbase there releasing always first there. But this time the diference between cersion won't be as big.

lol one piece game is a port and it will bomb anyway in all platforms. People who wanted to play the game, played on 3DS already. 

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Around the Network

MK8 snatches the lead

ryuzaki57 said:

Are you expecting somethingfrom it? It wont do good, it was on 3ds during holiday. Its just a port split onto 3 more systems as well. Dont expect much from a 40point game (COMG).

Edit: Ninja'd! Hiskun put it into better wording!!! :)

tbone51 said:

Are you expecting somethingfrom it? It wont do good, it was on 3ds during holiday. Its just a port split onto 3 more systems as well. Dont expect much from a 40point game (COMG).

The last One Piece game on Vita got a pretty good points/sales ratio.  I'd expect this to be the same and perform slightly better than COMG has it down for.

But I still can't see the game performing well.  Anyone who likes dedicated gaming already owns a 3DS at this point so already has the opportunity to play it.

Kresnik said:

tbone51 said:

The last One Piece game on Vita got a pretty good points/sales ratio.  I'd expect this to be the same and perform slightly better than COMG has it down for.

But I still can't see the game performing well.  Anyone who likes dedicated gaming already owns a 3DS at this point so already has the opportunity to play it.

Not saying it wouldn't do well on the vita, but your second statement practically says it all!

Edit: off topic but your Hyrule arguments.... look at this! http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Nobunaga%27s+&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:

This is NOT the first time I've seen this being a major thing. Whenever a really popular game makes it to the top, and everyone gets excited, several people come out and start talking about "true" number 1. It's not ironic, but it is annoying. It's a chart people. The top spot of a chart is the top spot of a chart. You might think it's meaningless, but to some people it isn't, and technically, the entire thread is pretty pointless if you think about it. It's some tiny chain of game stores in Japan that represents about a 1000th of the market. We look at it because Boutros made a pretty chart about video games, and we are amused by pretty charts about video games. Heck, some of us are just amused about pretty charts in general. This is NOT the place to get technical about things. Let people find what amusement in the chart that they can.

Looking at the COMG chart and mentally adding the values of different SKUs that are actually the same game is every bit as valid as looking at them as separate entities, especially for those of us who view this chart as a way to estimate franchise popularity in Japan.  Simply because you like to see it one way does not mean that it's the only way.  

I look at the chart and my first thought is, "holy cats at Youkai Watch 2".  You might instead think, "wow, look at Mario Kart at number one."  Even if you want to see the whole thread as a kind of mini-game, I certainly don't think the people who want to talk about which game is the true number one are incorrect in doing so, whether you find it annoying or not.  This is a sales site, after all.

hiska-kun said:
ryuzaki57 said:
I think the PES situation is linked to the FIFA PS4 bundle coming 6/5. Serious football fans will likely pick PS4+FIFA over old PS3 PES, living room for 3DS PES.

Fifa above PES in Japan? Wtf??? (1)

lol one piece game is a port and it will bomb anyway in all platforms. People who wanted to play the game, played on 3DS already (2)

(1) I'm not saying it's bigger in general. I just think FIFA has a shot a that particular situtation (being next-gen and bundled) to take more sales from PES than usual.

(2) Then they significantly damaged their own franchise with that timed exclusive : famitsu has Red World at 250K LTD, less than Pirate Warriors 2 opening which was well over 300K.

pokoko said:

Looking at the COMG chart and mentally adding the values of different SKUs that are actually the same game is every bit as valid as looking at them as separate entities, especially for those of us who view this chart as a way to estimate franchise popularity in Japan.  Simply because you like to see it one way does not mean that it's the only way.  

I look at the chart and my first thought is, "holy cats at Youkai Watch 2".  You might instead think, "wow, look at Mario Kart at number one."  Even if you want to see the whole thread as a kind of mini-game, I certainly don't think the people who want to talk about which game is the true number one are incorrect in doing so, whether you find it annoying or not.  This is a sales site, after all.

I actually do look at the different YW2 SKUs as one, just like with Pokemon, so I do understand where people are coming from. And by my own logic, if people come to cheer on the games they care about and get an idea of how well their favorite franchises will do, then yes, it's completely valid to look at them either way. I don't see the thread as a minigame, but as a pasttime, like the entire site. It's a sales site, but why do random gamers want to look at a sales site? We're not professional analysts. We do so because we care about the games, and find it interesting to have a number put to successful they are, so that we can celebrate that success. So fair enough, talking about number one in terms of total preorders is quite valid, but trying to invalidate the other view isn't necessary. I wouldn't find it annoying if people who combine SKUs to determine the top game by total preorders would just acknowledge that, and stop telling everyone who looks at it the other way that they're wrong. I have literally seen the exact phrase "true number one" used by people to say that people celebrating a game reaching the top of the chart were wrong. They're not wrong, they're just looking at it differently. And believe it or not, I like to look at it both ways. I do so for Pokemon certainly, and while I'm not quite as excited about YW2 as Pokemon or in this case Mario Kart 8, I still think it's exciting to see the beginning of a new almost Pokemon level craze, and hope to see the first game localized, which I'd buy in a heartbeat.

So can we all please just acknowledge that:

1. Mario Kart 8 is at the top of the chart.

2. YW2 is the most preordered game.

Both those statements are true, so if we just let people celebrate whatever of those two statements they want, there'd be less pages and pages of petty arguments in this thread. For a thread that Conegamer is actively participating in, this thread has way too many pointless arguments that drag on for pages (;)I'm just playing, ConeyG). Not the most civil of threads, and most of the arguments seem to boil down to one person invalidating the view of another, when doing so is unecessary and is known to cause problems. I'm not saying we need to never express a negative opinion about a game, but if people spent less time trying to tell others that their view is the only valid one (to be fair, this is something Tbone is guilty of too), and more time celebrating their games' success and speculating how different games might do over time, there'd be less petty arguments.

HylianSwordsman said:
pokoko said:

I actually do look at the different YW2 SKUs as one, just like with Pokemon, so I do understand where people are coming from. And by my own logic, if people come to cheer on the games they care about and get an idea of how well their favorite franchises will do, then yes, it's completely valid to look at them either way. I don't see the thread as a minigame, but as a pasttime, like the entire site. It's a sales site, but why do random gamers want to look at a sales site? We're not professional analysts. We do so because we care about the games, and find it interesting to have a number put to successful they are, so that we can celebrate that success. So fair enough, talking about number one in terms of total preorders is quite valid, but trying to invalidate the other view isn't necessary. I wouldn't find it annoying if people who combine SKUs to determine the top game by total preorders would just acknowledge that, and stop telling everyone who looks at it the other way that they're wrong. I have literally seen the exact phrase "true number one" used by people to say that people celebrating a game reaching the top of the chart were wrong. They're not wrong, they're just looking at it differently. And believe it or not, I like to look at it both ways. I do so for Pokemon certainly, and while I'm not quite as excited about YW2 as Pokemon or in this case Mario Kart 8, I still think it's exciting to see the beginning of a new almost Pokemon level craze, and hope to see the first game localized, which I'd buy in a heartbeat.

So can we all please just acknowledge that:

1. Mario Kart 8 is at the top of the chart.

2. YW2 is the most preordered game.

Both those statements are true, so if we just let people celebrate whatever of those two statements they want, there'd be less pages and pages of petty arguments in this thread. For a thread that Conegamer is actively participating in, this thread has way too many pointless arguments that drag on for pages (;)I'm just playing, ConeyG). Not the most civil of threads, and most of the arguments seem to boil down to one person invalidating the view of another, when doing so is unecessary and is known to cause problems. I'm not saying we need to never express a negative opinion about a game, but if people spent less time trying to tell others that their view is the only valid one (to be fair, this is something Tbone is guilty of too), and more time celebrating their games' success and speculating how different games might do over time, there'd be less petty arguments.

What is it with you and long posts?

I'm perfectly fine with people assuming Mario Kart 8 is at the "top" of the chart, just don't get offended when I don't.

Or do, either way it doesn't really matter.