By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are last bosses so easy?

Soriku said:
I've noticed in LOTS of games the last bosses are very easy. Even the most excruciating game's last bosses are easy compared to soem regular, "lesser" bosses.

I know they want you to FINALLY beat the game, but come one, it pisses me off. I've trekked the entire game, fighting off tough bosses, only to fight some second-rate loser.

I still like the idea that optional bosses should be tougher thaqn the last boss. But the last boss should be tougher than the other bosses =/

Anyone agree/disagree?

Imagine fighting the last boss in place of the first boss in any RPG. 

What will happen?  What changes between the time you face that first boss and the final one?  Therein lies your answer.

Around the Network

playing games that are too easy soriku?

Play Final Fantasy 4 or 6, then get back to me if you think final bosses are easy.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Soriku-
While I agree the last boss should be difficult, I also think that it's not as common as you believe. Have you any of those games Rol mentioned? There are ones even harder than those, like Mike Tyson from Punch-Out! They will kick your ass.

DSLover said:
playing games that are too easy soriku?

nono, he just plays teh hardcore like chocobo dungeaon and that rosy rupeeland game.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

RPG's have the hard task of trying to make the end boss beatable to more casual players and the hardcore players. I like the current system of having tough optional bosses because there are some games I just want to be done with and others I really want to do everything in.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Play Final Fantasy 4 or 6, then get back to me if you think final bosses are easy.

*raises hand*  I still think final bosses are easy.  :)

I had this problem with LoZ: TP. The final boss was really easy. All the bosses in that game were kind've easy though.

I still love the game! :D 

You play to much Zelda games were bosses starts fairly medicore and stays there without taking consideration that your healtbar goes up and that you may actully need more than 6 hits to die.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Well, sometimes they just want you to feel like 'I've become more powerful than this guy and he's a piece of cake' (ala Neo at the end of Revolutions) or 'Let's just keep up the streak of absolute pwnage the player has come upon' (ala me in Mario Galaxy )

Seriously, though, not all final bosses are easy. Xehanort royally pissed me off!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."