By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony forecast only 5 million Vita and PSP unit sales in FY14

Lucas-Rio said:

Honestly, do you think that 5 millions of Vita/PSP is something else that the recognition of a big failure?

Sony doesn't even hope to salvage thei system apparently. At this pace it will do less than 20 millions LT.

look at the sales of the system this past year? Sony's not just putting that number out just willy nilly, they see the data, less 20 million life time is still less than 20 million life time sales. Hell they already are less than 20 million life time sales. what many of you seem to be over looking is the very fact this market for mobile gaming is no longer the way it used to be, Even with the massive lead that the Nintendo 3DS has it still is no where near the smartphone market! where do you think most 3rd party mobile developer's are headed to make their software for? Nintendo or the Applications stores market?

Why do you think Sony is courting those indie developer's, making Unity 3D a cross playstation platform development engine.

The PSVita is meant to be able to use the living room console as its Hub, with Software to be taken on the go, that is where the entire industry is heading. why do you think Microsoft is making Smartglass?

The PSVita was not just made for connection to the PS4 it was made to connect to your living room Playstation IE: the PS3 and PS4 it was developed to allw you to take any game in theory from your playstation collection on the go anytime. to build such an eco system is going to take time . especially when you have more than just one platform to deal with that you are developing for and the resources to make all the games for each platform.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

sony please support the vita, bring some awesome games to it so that i may go rush out and buy one. I am having a hard time deciding if i want a vita or not if there is no software support.

gta 5 would be nice
star wars first assault
battlefield 4
saints row IV
heavenly sword
twisted metal

would love to see all these games on the vita, would be amazing
sims game would be cool too lol

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

pezus said:

Funny how Vita seems to be the only thing some people are focusing on. Why not discuss the impressive PS3 sales and the fact that it is now second and will finish the "generation" in second and might come in first when it's finally stopped selling. By that I mean you are missing in other threads

probably cause this thread is a sony handheld thread?

Bruxel said:
sony please support the vita, bring some awesome games to it so that i may go rush out and buy one. I am having a hard time deciding if i want a vita or not if there is no software support.

gta 5 would be nice
star wars first assault
battlefield 4
saints row IV
heavenly sword
twisted metal

i disagree, Vita needs unique games that aren't on the ps3/ps4

Sony probably figures that keeping the Vita at a high price will sell less units but at the same time don't have to worry about losing money on the system. Granted the memory cards allow the system as a whole to be profitable regardless.

I'm waiting to score a Vita for $99 or less on Cowboom, last I checked it was $150.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
Th3PANO said:
Bruxel said:

gta 5 would be nice
star wars first assault
battlefield 4
saints row IV
heavenly sword
twisted metal

i disagree, Vita needs unique games that aren't on the ps3/ps4

fair enough, i mostly do handheld gaming. Be a nice experince to have on a handheld. but yea i agree there needs to be unqiue exlusive games coming to it.

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

joeorc said:
dahuman said:
hmmmm, unfortunate but, I totally called it.

called what? that the PSVita is a dead platform, or that Sony is going to reduce sale's projections further?

or Both?

poor sales due to wrong design principles toward consumers.

i think you are all seeing this wrong... VITA will be up yoy... the PSP is the one that is going to die. sold 3 millions last year... will not reach 1 million this year...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Well, there was a thread about the similarities between Dreamcast and Wii U not so long back. For me, that was completely wrong as those 2 systems are nothing a like. Vita however really does feel like the handheld Dreamcast.

Fantastic technology, far more fantastic games than I can physically keep up with. And no bugger buying it.

Definitely Dreamcast all over again! Oh well, I got 5+ years of fantastic gaming from the DC, if Vita can do the same at least it'll have gone out with a bang!

As for their current indie strategy and how it'll pan out for sales. My feelings on the matter as posted in the Vita Cult thread.

I don't mind this indie approach lark, but they seriously need to get some exclusive stuff nailed down. It's currently just becoming "another" place to play games that have been on other formats for several months. Which yeah, I think it's a great platform for these indie games. But why is someone going to decide they "need" a Vita to play a few 6 month old Indie games?

They need to keep a flow of big name titles, and ones that aren't on PS3/PS4. They also need to get some more ambitious development going on, on the system.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Even Sony don't believe in Vita