By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FIRST inFamous Second Son screens

Bristow9091 said:
riderz13371 said:
Bristow9091 said:
riderz13371 said:

Blah blah blah I'm going to jump in and get angry because someone has an opinion!

... And more fanboys jump on the pile...

I've got to ask, why are you so defensive when someone has a negative opinion about something? I mean, I'm not against Sony, look at my avatar, and if I could be arsed adding games to my collection, I've got over 150 here at home, only have 30 X360 games and about 10 PC games (I can take pictures to prove it actually)

I never said all of the screenshots looked bad, only the last one, please reread that... it just looked boring... and I've seen a few character models, that, in my opinion, look better.

I don't get why people can't have other opinions in here -.-"

Never said you were against Sony or anything like. You claim that it's similar to PS3/360 games, and I counter it by asking you to provide me with screenshots of open world games on current gen consoles that match the graphics of inFamous Second Son. Not trying to call you out, just want to prove you wrong =)

Riiiiight, if you say so... here's what I wrote to my first reply:

"In terms of character model, either Batman from Arkham City, if that counts, and also Spiderman from The Amazing Spiderman, in my opinion they have better character models, I'll admit only in that screenshot... and as for a better looking environment, personally I choose colourful over detail, and I loved the scenery and look of Just Cause 2... 

These are my opinions, let me keep them and don't turn this into a shitstorm fanboy battle..."

And yet people have been telling me I'm wrong and should get out of the thread and such...

Are you talking about this Spiderman game - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiKT_6KGm9g

If so, what are you smoking.

Also I'm not saying you're wrong, I just asked you to show me games that looked similar/better than inFamous Second Son that are both open world and on current gen consoles. Also, don't edit the reply I had to you in the quote tree, it's bannable.

Good day.

Around the Network

THIS is what current gen Open Worlds look like....

Take note of the blocky environments, hohum lighting. Flat looking textures.

and you are trying to tell me they look better than this....

???? First off, look at dat skin texture, the lighting on his face and hat.

the global lighting, and refraction off the cars. The only down point is that hokey jean jacket texture, everything else is flawless. So when you try and say it looks "current Gen", regardless of everyone having an opinion it doesn't make it valid. Infamous 2 was already doing crazy particle effects rivaled by none, but to be open world makes it that much more of an achievement.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Oh god, the Assassin's Creed character models were awful. Especially the faces, urgh. That's the last game I'd pick out for such a comparison....

This does look better than any open world console game so far in screens, but what's really important is seeing it in motion. I'll be particularly interested in seeing the draw distance. 

I'll say, there's quite a high level of detail. Closest looking games to this are pretty much extremely high end closed/linear games. Sure Kratos' model looks nearly as good, but Kratos also runs around in small, scripted environment. If Sucker Punch manages to keep up the quality and have a very well made city, well, this is what "next gen" graphics are supposed to be about. On another note: the animations (Assuming game keeps up as good as trailer), are fantastic. Compare the way most models animate in "Sandbox games" and this game, it's really night and day.

Bristow9091 said:
forevercloud3000 said:

regardless of everyone having an opinion it doesn't make it valid.

So what you're saying, is that my opinion is wrong? Okay... that's YOUR opinion, and in MY opinion, the graphics aren't as great as you're trying to advertise... if you want me to say they're good, just to shut you up, I will, but I'll always think that at the moment they just don't seem as much of a leap as I was hoping, or as people were getting hyped about...

Seriously pal, just let it go, different people have different opinions, and you can't tell them that their opinion is wrong...

you could say that an Orange is blue, and that would be your opinon too.

Firstly, I was mainly centering on the "Looks Current Gen" sentiments. It might not be a huge leap over current gen, but it definitely does look better. You somehow became embassador of what I was commenting on.

Greatness Awaits

Around the Network

Halo 2 looked better, it's my opinion

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

...GOOD ENOUGH.

pezus said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Oh god, the Assassin's Creed character models were awful. Especially the faces, urgh. That's the last game I'd pick out for such a comparison....

This does look better than any open world console game so far in screens, but what's really important is seeing it in motion. I'll be particularly interested in seeing the draw distance. 

Indeed. Not to mention Spider-Man and Batman but hey...we might not all see the world the same way

I see no difference!

Sal.Paradise said:
pezus said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Indeed. Not to mention Spider-Man and Batman but hey...we might not all see the world the same way

I see no difference!

LOL where reality meets opinion. I love it!

Greatness Awaits

Bristow9091 said:
Adding onto my previous post, Ezio actually didn't look that bad in Brotherhood, although this screenshot is only from his behind, the quality is better than what you posted pezus

http://media.psu.com/media/assassins-creed:-brotherhood-PS3/assassins-creed:-brotherhood-PS3-ss-8.jpg

And people saying The Amazing Spiderman had bad character models, sure, on NPC's, but Spidey himself, looks pretty great still

http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/media/images/xbox360/the_amazing_spiderman/screens/the_amazing_spiderman_10.jpg

Maybe that's a bullshot, maybe it isn't... but the same could be said about these inFamous screenshots too.

Yeah but Spiderman one has no face details because he's wearing a suit. Also the suit has very little details as well. Second Son on the other hand clearly has more detail on the face (obviously) but the clothing as well. You can see some parts of his clothes are torn off or ripped and he also has some cool looking tattoos on his arms. I just honestly can't say that AC or Spiderman match the level of detail that inFamous Second Son does.