By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just Cause devs: Wii U dev kits “collecting dust,” no plans to develop for the console

Somini said:

In addition to that, Sundberg mentions that they think the Wii U’s user base is too small for them to risk developing a game for it, and adds that Nintendo is “difficult” to reach, claiming, “Nintendo have from our point of view has always been difficult to get in. You never quite know where to turn. Now, however, we have managed to get through, via the publisher we work with.”

Probably the worst thing about Nintendo, it made me so frustrated during the Gamecube era because I knew this was what was going on before interviews even started confirming it all over the place. I just wish they'd get serious about 3rd party instead of just hunkering down on 1 - 3 giant publishers, more recently being Ubisoft and Capcom.

Around the Network

I have a Bugatti Veyron in my garage collecting dust. I hope Bugatti come to convince me to use their car, because I seem to not like it.
Yes, that is a company that doesn't deserve anything, they are a shitty company with a nice shitty car.

cbarroso09 said:

I have a Bugatti Veyron in my garage collecting dust. I hope Bugatti come to convince me to use their car, because I seem to not like it.
Yes, that is a company that doesn't deserve anything, they are a shitty company with a nice shitty car.

So what is the conspiracy theory for these guys not developing on WiiU since we have concluded that it can't be due to unsatisfactory return on investment?

Is SE a Nintendo hater?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Lyrikalstylez said:
N64 all over again guys, imagine if just once...a Nintendo console can have the majority of 3rd party support plus it's ridiculously good first party games, would sell hundreds of millions consoles! Too bad

That already happened with NES and SNES.

Around the Network

Nintendo will never get all developers, some developers never try something new and are fine with microsoft or sony.

But as long the Wii U gets the big AAA Games like Assassins Creed 4, Arkham Origins, Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell, Deus Ex and probably CoD and it seems now even GTA5, and obviously many Indie games and the Nintendo Games like Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, X, Mario 3D etc. I am more than pleased.

The third party support is way better than for the Wii.

the content of these threads is becoming so predictable

either its the devs fault for being too lazy or the devs games suck so it isn't a problem anyway lol

o_O.Q said:

either its the devs fault for being too lazy or the devs games suck so it isn't a problem anyway lol

If this issue continues to grow, how long you predict before people admit that the fault could be with Nintendo?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
o_O.Q said:

If this issue continues to grow, how long you predict before people admit that the fault could be with Nintendo?

And if it were, what would that fault be?

This logic doesn't compute. Wii U has the largest install base of all eighth-gen home consoles.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero