By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Benghazi Hearings is this important?

scat398 said:
I believe government officials of both parties should be held accountable for their actions, don't you?

well in america only democrats should be held  accountable for their actions.  its the republicans mantra.  and unfortunately the dems play along.

weiner snaps his weiner and is toast.  vitter prostitution scandal and  is still in congress being a butthole.

Around the Network
scat398 said:
Zappykins said:
scat398 said:
tres said:
why is it that the right investigated benghazi more than they did iraq and 9/11? this is nothing more than using up the clock. the best way to save money in this pathetic country is to defund congress. right now they are literally a waste of tax payers dollars.

well as far as 9/11 there was a great deal of investigation including the 9/11 report by the special commision, I don't disagree that conservatives have focused a great deal of attention to this matter, but I'd like to keep the discussion focused, if possible, on why the administration lied not why are republicans focusing on it.  If you are a left leaning person I'd like to hear your thoughts on why the admnistration lied.

Actually, there was very very little investigation.  And we will never know what the dude sitting in the White House said:

"Tuesday 27 April 2004

Washington (Reuters) - The White House said on Tuesday it would not allow any recordings or transcripts of private testimony this week by President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney to the panel investigating the Sept. 11 attacks" http://archive.truthout.org/article/iron-curtain-secrecy-cheney-leads-bush-911-hearing

A court WITHOUT transcrips?  If you go to small claims there are transcrips- and they become public record.  Why is that more imporant than a huge natual security failure that killed close to 3000 people? Please explain why aren't you concered about that?

Even if they aren't released for the 60 years or so they have for sensitive doucments, they should be public records.

I believe government officials of both parties should be held accountable for their actions, don't you?

I just can't take you seriously.  You are comparing a grape to 10,000 oranges.  It is insincere.

It's like the person trying to compair this to Watergate!  Do they even have  clue to what Watergate was, abously not.

I don't mean to offend you, but your actions seem like an excellent example the worst part of US policies, blind partisanship.  As I and others have pointed out, you bias is not only showing, but has a spotlight and a Good Year Blimp in LED and 20,000 dancing sparkly outfitted cheerleaders.

But remember, the more you yell and hide, the more seriously people will take you.  If you want to just hate on Obama, it's a free county.  But let's not make up things.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
scat398 said:
Zappykins said:
scat398 said:
tres said:
why is it that the right investigated benghazi more than they did iraq and 9/11? this is nothing more than using up the clock. the best way to save money in this pathetic country is to defund congress. right now they are literally a waste of tax payers dollars.

well as far as 9/11 there was a great deal of investigation including the 9/11 report by the special commision, I don't disagree that conservatives have focused a great deal of attention to this matter, but I'd like to keep the discussion focused, if possible, on why the administration lied not why are republicans focusing on it.  If you are a left leaning person I'd like to hear your thoughts on why the admnistration lied.

Actually, there was very very little investigation.  And we will never know what the dude sitting in the White House said:

"Tuesday 27 April 2004

Washington (Reuters) - The White House said on Tuesday it would not allow any recordings or transcripts of private testimony this week by President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney to the panel investigating the Sept. 11 attacks" http://archive.truthout.org/article/iron-curtain-secrecy-cheney-leads-bush-911-hearing

A court WITHOUT transcrips?  If you go to small claims there are transcrips- and they become public record.  Why is that more imporant than a huge natual security failure that killed close to 3000 people? Please explain why aren't you concered about that?

Even if they aren't released for the 60 years or so they have for sensitive doucments, they should be public records.

I just can't take you seriously.  You are comparing a grape to 10,000 oranges.  It is insincere.

It's like the person trying to compair this to Watergate!  Do they even have  clue to what Watergate was, abously not.

I don't mean to offend you, but your actions seem like an excellent example the worst part of US policies, blind partisanship.  As I and others have pointed out, you bias is not only showing, but has a spotlight and a Good Year Blimp in LED and 20,000 dancing sparkly outfitted cheerleaders.

But remember, the more you yell and hide, the more seriously people will take you.  If you want to just hate on Obama, it's a free county.  But let's not make up things.

I wonder if the new news has changed your opinion.

As it's played out now... essentially it's exactly like 9/11 in that, the state department ignored direct threats and warnings by the CIA... that were actually, more direct and specific then the 9/11 warnings.  Except they whitehouse specifically said to remove all talk of the warnings because they didn't want to be hurt politically.

I mean... wanting a paragraph gone because it....

"could be abused by members [of Congress] to beat up the State Department for not paying attention to warnings, so why would we want to feed that either?"  is... way more cut and dry evidence then... pretty much anything i can think of.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/exclusive-benghazi-talking-points-underwent-12-revisions-scrubbed-111305929.html

Less people died... but the warnings were more specific, more localized and well... in general should of been more expected.  Attack somewhere in the united states is a bit more vague then attack in this very specific province in Afghanistan... where Ambassadors have been directly attacked.  This combined with the testimony that shows they were unusually unprepaired show a lack of judgement greater then 9/11.... but with less people dead.

Also... there was a coverup after the fact... as opposed to Bush... who I don't beleive covered anything up about 9/11?   I could be wrong, i'm not sure.

Either way... after the ABC emails... there SHOULD be plenty of meat for even the most left wing biased person to find enough to be outraged about unless they feel the need to reflexivly "protect their own."

Which is sort of what this whole thread seems to have devolved too.... "Sure Obama got someone killed and lied about it... but bush got more people killed!"

Not really... the best arguement.

Espiecally when it's rare you'll find even your average republican willing to pick up for G Dubbs.

Quite honestly, Bush and Obama are so nearly identical in actual policy I find it amazing that people feel the need to play one off the other anyway.  It's funny.  Republicans call him weak on national security and the like, when he's been a more agressive bush on steroids when it comes to the war on terror... and Democrats feel the need to rush to his defense and call him better then Bush when... we'll he's basically kept around, lengthened and strengthened EVERY civil rights abuse of American citizens that was previously hated by bush... (like Fiza) while murdering a bunch of children because they were standing next to terrorists.  When the definition of terroist in many CIA cases was   "Adult male of a certain age standing in a specific part of a middle eastern country."

The only pro Obama really has is getting rid of Torture on American soil... which isn't much of an accomplishment, when you consider the fact that it hasn't stopped anyone from being tortured.  Just that we now put them on a plane to allied countries who aren't so "moral".  So they can be tortured there... probably often by the same CIA people who were doing the torturing here.

Really, the big advantage of Bush... was that when he was president... people gave a shit about the civil rights abuses and innocent deaths.  While Republicans really only make a big deal when we get attacked at home due to failures....

and well... Democrats are willing to let things they find reprhensible go completley ignored... simply because it avoids political scandal.

Are the Republican congressmen in particular being hypocritical?   Yes.  However, I can tolerate someone being hypocritical from their base beliefs when the end result is a positive for justice.  Which is why I won't critisize the Republicans and Moderate Democrats suddenly jumping over on the gay marriage bandwagon for example.   However... when you are being hypocritical from your base beliefs to cover up something?  Now that, is the worst kind of hypocrisy. 

Or to put it another, extreme way... you don't get mad at a Racist for helping out a troubled black kid who was adopted by his white friend.   You DO however get mad at the guy who claims he isn't racist, yet specifically keeps black people  out of his workforce because something in their inverviews make them "seem less honest".

Well, that and stuff just keeps coming out that seems to make Republicans look less and less paranoid.  http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/irs-admits-targeting-conservative-groups/story?id=19151646#.UY1eEco0Gf8

Zappykins said:
scat398 said:
Zappykins said:
scat398 said:
tres said:

"Tuesday 27 April 2004

I'm sorry but your comment is out of line.  My question was simply why did the administration lie? They didn't need to.  Even the liberal press is stating this question now, and its a fairly simple question.  

And why you brought up watergate I have no idea, but wire tapping is a big deal and it was very appropriate for the administration to be investigated.  The end of your statement just doesn't make any sense so lets just leave it at you are ok when liberals lie but conservatives is a no go.

scat398 said:
Zappykins said:

I'm sorry but your comment is out of line.  My question was simply why did the administration lie? They didn't need to.  Even the liberal press is stating this question now, and its a fairly simple question.  

And why you brought up watergate I have no idea, but wire tapping is a big deal and it was very appropriate for the administration to be investigated.  The end of your statement just doesn't make any sense so lets just leave it at you are ok when liberals lie but conservatives is a no go.

I brought up Watergate because someone else in this thread was bringing it up.  They were trying to compare the two, and it seemed absurd.

"..you are ok when liberals lie but conservatives is a no go."

And that is a perfect example of what I said was wrong with US politics.  Certain people have to make every partisan.  It silly, weaken all credibility and makes you come across as paranoid and delusional.

I think is our responsibly to challenge the government when we believe it is out of line.  But if that motivation is more about a political party than an actual issue, then I think it is a incredulous waste of everyone’s time.

I really want to understand you point, I really do.  You have to remember who cut the money the administration wanted, and the warnings about it:

Last year, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans' proposed cuts to her department would be "detrimental to America's national security" -- a charge Republicans rejected.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dee-evans/benghazi-protests_b_2133162.html

(Its kinda like how they ‘forgot’ that Donald Rumsfeld went to Iraq to negotiate WMD’s with Hessian himself in the 80s’.)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!