By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Benghazi Hearings is this important?

scat398 said:

I just found #1 to be so petty that they couldn't possibly have let it go for straight political points.  Politics is big in Washington but I can't believe they would let people die just to continue a poiltical point.

Er... maybe I misunderstood the question. I don't think they let people die for that reason, either. I'm really not sure what caused them to make the calls they made on that front, or if they could have even done anything once the attacks were under way. I do think the reason they pimped some obscure YouTube video and the idea that this was mob violence rather than a coordinated terrorist attack is because the narrative leading into the election was that Obama was the guy who got bin Laden.

Around the Network
scat398 said:
tres said:
why is it that the right investigated benghazi more than they did iraq and 9/11? this is nothing more than using up the clock. the best way to save money in this pathetic country is to defund congress. right now they are literally a waste of tax payers dollars.

well as far as 9/11 there was a great deal of investigation including the 9/11 report by the special commision, I don't disagree that conservatives have focused a great deal of attention to this matter, but I'd like to keep the discussion focused, if possible, on why the administration lied not why are republicans focusing on it.  If you are a left leaning person I'd like to hear your thoughts on why the admnistration lied.

when politicians stop lying they stop being politicians.  the 9/11 report was a farce.  after 9/11 this whole country were stuck in the stupidity of someone must pay for something.  we dont know what but we can just blame someone and start a war that has cost billions of dollars and thousands more than benghazi.  why are republicans such sore losers?  john mccain has turn in to just a bitter old man.  theres one thing to have an investigation but another to keep repeating things fox style until people want them to become fact

tres said:
scat398 said:
tres said:
why is it that the right investigated benghazi more than they did iraq and 9/11? this is nothing more than using up the clock. the best way to save money in this pathetic country is to defund congress. right now they are literally a waste of tax payers dollars.

well as far as 9/11 there was a great deal of investigation including the 9/11 report by the special commision, I don't disagree that conservatives have focused a great deal of attention to this matter, but I'd like to keep the discussion focused, if possible, on why the administration lied not why are republicans focusing on it.  If you are a left leaning person I'd like to hear your thoughts on why the admnistration lied.

when politicians stop lying they stop being politicians.  the 9/11 report was a farce.  after 9/11 this whole country were stuck in the stupidity of someone must pay for something.  we dont know what but we can just blame someone and start a war that has cost billions of dollars and thousands more than benghazi.  why are republicans such sore losers?  john mccain has turn in to just a bitter old man.  theres one thing to have an investigation but another to keep repeating things fox style until people want them to become fact

I'll focus on your last point since that is the topic of dicsussion, it is now fact that the administration lied on this matter my question is why?  Why do you think they lied, I listed three points in my OP but if you have antoher reason please feel free to state it.

scat398 said:
tres said:

yawn

I'll give you a warning for this but the next one gets reported.

wowww... reported as what?  i was replying to you.  replying to kaz in lipstick guy.  i mean isnt it tiring of all the talk about this administration?  theres a whole section calling him the worst president ever with a bunch of right wing fox drivel highly acute trolling if you ask me.  i believe in cause-and-effect.  and most of the causes point to the right side of the congressional aisle. 

scat398 said:
tres said:
scat398 said:
tres said:

I'll focus on your last point since that is the topic of dicsussion, it is now fact that the administration lied on this matter my question is why?  Why do you think they lied, I listed three points in my OP but if you have antoher reason please feel free to state it.

what did they lie about?

Around the Network
tres said:
scat398 said:
tres said:
scat398 said:
tres said:

what did they lie about?

That is clear from my OP.

scat398 said:

lets see cia gave them the tps and even said they did so ...

so the great lie is someone attack an embassy and not over some anti-muslim book. big coverup there i mean its not like the admin knew they didnt have wmds but fabricated facts or anything of that scale.

tres said:
scat398 said:

so the great lie is someone attack an embassy and not over some anti-muslim book. big coverup there i mean its not like the admin knew they didnt have wmds but fabricated facts or anything of that scale.

Except nobody actually ever proved the administration knew that...

unlike say... here.

Actually if you ask most polticial scientists they'll tell you that chances are Bush DIDN'T know.

He saw conflicting reports and was blinded by the one he wanted to believe more... (With help from prodding by people like G Gordon Liddy.)

He chose the intel that was weaker... because he actually thought it was stronger.

And it all stemmed from one specific informant... and we know exactly who he is.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/15/defector-admits-wmd-lies-iraq-war

Also... you've got the arguement wrong in the first place.  There were WMD's in Iraq.  It's shocking there weren't more because we sold them more, so plenty of WMDs we were keeping track of are missing....

there were no nuclear weapons technology however.

tres said:
scat398 said:

That was the point I was trying to get at...why lie, what purpose did it serve? 

If only bradly manning were still here. The reason we don't know anything is truth is treason.