By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are Playstation Fans upset with Microsoft for getting all dem PS2 Exclusives on Xbox 360?

I would also like to thank Vgchartz for having this awesome website.

Thank you for not locking this thread.

If this thread was locked too early all those entertaining, amusing and informative post would have never happened.

Here's a tip to Vgchartz, your website will get a lot more hits, if you allow the community to freely express themselves in the forums.

If vgchartz is mainly Playstation fans, the site will get rather boring.

Allow Xbox fans to voice their opinions, the site will get more hits and be more entertaining and the community will grow.

The Mods will have a lot more work to do, as there will be more users.

So don't be so quick to lock threads, and don't be so quick to ban users.

Just making suggestions. I really enjoy vgchartz as I am sure many others do or else they would stop coming here.

Around the Network

I'd like to think i am not a fan of playstation or whatever but this generation it was my console of choice. As last generation it was xbox 1.

In my view all third party games should be multiplatform. The only exclusives should come from first party studios. More people get to enjoy the game and developers/publishers make more money.

green_sky said:
I'd like to think i am not a fan of playstation or whatever but this generation it was my console of choice. As last generation it was xbox 1.

In my view all third party games should be multiplatform. The only exclusives should come from first party studios. More people get to enjoy the game and developers/publishers make more money.

Another good post.

As there are many others in here, but I can't reply to everybody.

Thanks again to everybody.

This thread is 8 years too late.

Jega said:

If this thread was locked too early all those entertaining, amusing and informative post would have never happened.

Here's a tip to Vgchartz, your website will get a lot more hits, if you allow the community to freely express themselves in the forums.

Allow Xbox fans to voice their opinions, the site will get more hits and be more entertaining and the community will grow.

Just making suggestions. I really enjoy vgchartz as I am sure many others do or else they would stop coming here.

So you want mods to encourage trolling and flaming as it will bring more traffic to the website? Did you not think of how this will drive people away as well?

Funny thing is that you just admitted you made this thread with a not-so-hidden agenda. This website has no more Playstation fans than others do. As more people have grown up with Playstation, there are more of them. 

Around the Network
VGKing said:
Jega said:

So you want mods to encourage trolling and flaming as it will bring more traffic to the website? Did you not think of how this will drive people away as well?

Funny thing is that you just admitted you made this thread with a not-so-hidden agenda. This website has no more Playstation fans than others do. As more people have grown up with Playstation, there are more of them. 

I never said I want the mods to encourage trolling or flaming.

Not having people express themselves will drive away far more people than otherwise. Just take a look at all the usernames in vgchartz search to see that 100's of users are no longer with us.

I have no hidden agenda, I just want to see what others have to say about the topic.

I would think there are more Playstation fans out there than Xbox fans, but I still think the site could still have more Xbox fans.

NiKKoM said:
I'm more upset with people claiming the quality went down because it went multiplatform.. They just need to see that their beloved company/franchise would have been equally crappy if it stayed exclusive

The only game people say the quality went down is Final Fantasy 13, and  Square Enix did mention that they wanted to keep it on two discs when porting it to the 360, so who knows whether they cut a lot of the game out or not.  It was over a year before the Japanese release that it was announced to be ported to the 360, who knows how much longer they were working on the idea?

That being said.  The gameplay wasn't good anyways, so regardless what they may or may not have cut out didn't matter.  Final Fantasy 13 would have been crap anyways.  So yeah. 

--

I don't care if games are multiconsole because as long as they're good games, there's the chance we'll get other games in the future that are also good.  Multiconsole titles allow more people to play these titles and give the developers more money because they're not only getting money from one console of consumers but two.  There's no benefit for third party developers to keep their games exclusive unless their games can't be developed for the other system or if it's known that these games won'tsell on another system, or they're getting paid to stay exclusive.

At the same time, exclusives are good for the console developers since it shows that their system is the more go to system for people interested in a wider variety of software.  The third party developers who make games exclusively might not be getting as much of a profit if the game was multiconsole, but doesn't mean that doesn't help the console developer.

The only PS2 exclusive franchise I'm upset about Microsoft getting on the 360 is Tales of Vesperia, and that's because it's exclusive and hasn't come to the PS3 in the US.  I used to own a 360 for a short period of time but sold it off.  With most of the games available on both systems, I'm not really interested in purchasing the 360 for the few exclusives I'm interested in.  Gears, Skyrim(PS3 version sucks,) Forza Horizon, Lost Odyssey, and Tales of Vesperia.

Jega said:
VGKing said:
Jega said:

Not having people express themselves will drive away far more people than otherwise. Just take a look at all the usernames in vgchartz search to see that 100's of users are no longer with us.

I have no hidden agenda, I just want to see what others have to say about the topic.

I would think there are more Playstation fans out there than Xbox fans, but I still think the site could still have more Xbox fans.

You can refer some Xbox fans to the site if you want. There's nothing stopping anyone from signing up for VgChartz. It's a free site.

You can express yourself without breaking the rules. Those that are no longer with us are either spammers or trols who've been permabanned. 

VGKing said:
Jega said:
VGKing said:
Jega said:

You can refer some Xbox fans to the site if you want. There's nothing stopping anyone from signing up for VgChartz. It's a free site.

You can express yourself without breaking the rules. Those that are no longer with us are either spammers or trols who've been permabanned. 

I am not going to argue with the VGKing, I know my boundaries.

I waited, gave the mods a chance and they let me down.