By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are Playstation Fans upset with Microsoft for getting all dem PS2 Exclusives on Xbox 360?

AndrewWK said:
What the hell? Are people seriously complaining about that shit? Wow :-O
As long as I get the PS3 version I don´t give a fuck on what other platforms they release. I mean how pathetic is it to complain about dumb shit like this. The quality of some of those games went down, but this is not due to the platform change. It is due to a lack of good ideas. Threads like this make me question the accountibility of certain gamers.

this pretty much explains it all. 

if i get the game on my console ill be happy, dont care about any other console. end of story

Around the Network
DigitalDevilSummoner said:

Here's what I'm seriously upset about.

Fanboys who put their favourite company on top of the games themselves. I mean, I don't give a pissing toss about MS or Sony. I would not sink as a low as to celebrate legendary franchises or even common ones losing appeal or going down in quality just because it makes my company look better. Cheerleader for a brand that barely develops any games. Nice going. I would not sink as low as to cheer for the brand's stock going up etheir. We know what high stocks brought to gaming. More copy-paste safe bets like the annual COD. Halo is just like that. Why bs ourselves Halo is another COD. Where's the innovation or the variety ? MS fans have become worse than what we used to mock Nintendo fans for ! Blindly follow the same game again and again.  At least Nintendo created Zelda and Mario from scratch. MS just took the idea of Rare's Golden Eye. A simplified fps for the console.

Abbath The Banned was right "I am actually happy, happy for Xbox fans. If those games didn't go multi, what else would they play?"

He's an ass but he is telling the truth. Seriously what would they play ? What would all these xbots play who made a habbit out of always getting behind decisions that bring NOTHING positive to gaming itself. High stocks. The brillant concept of timed exclusives. Charging you to access EA's servers to play Battlefield online. There will be a zealot everytime to defend these. I don't have a beef with MS, really, they made mistakes, they can do better. It's their zealots i can't stand.

The Xbox lost everything that made it unique at the beginning of this generation and still it has loyal brown nosers just because the stock didn't go down. Screw games themselves right ? Unique ideas or anything bold at all. Let COD and its clones guide the gaming industry. This thread is a testament to how low xbots fell. PS2 supported so many unique franchises. Xbox inherited them and what happened ? How many of them produced more sequels thanks to the Xbox sales ? Xbox 360 is where ideas went to drown while the devs jumped ship. Useless games like the blue dragon being talked about, praised and paraded again and again only because they had the MS brand. Did the game live up to the designing skills of Dragon Quest's Akira Toriyama or FF's Hironobu Sakaguchi ? Hell no. Sony's fanboys' equivalents ? Sure, PS all stars comes to mind. Still, xbots are even more deaf and blind: They get behind all and any kind of anti gamer desision to stand up for their brand. Please tell me how it feels having every bit of dignity fade away every time you support another timed exclusive desision. You know who I'm talking to. Gee, if timed exclusives which utlimately means losing the consumer's trust is good news for MS, then by all means be a good doggie.

Xbots will defend to the death lack of exclusives despite MS profits, they will defend always online, they will defend the mockery of the timed exclusive , they will defend tech failures, they will defend live subscriptions which is MS charging its users in order to access another company's servers.

THEY WILL DEFEND GAMING GETTING SCREWED EVERY TIME FOR THE SHAKE OF M$.

I am not gonna defend all the equaly annoying and blind sony or nintendo fanboys but most Xbots have made it a habbit out of making ridiculous rationalizations that are against gaming itself as long as they make MS look good. Again, I don't care about MS, they can do better. But little petty Xbots let me down.

While you are banning me consider the trade off. How much have I or Abbath contributed to this forum compared to this laughing stock of an xbot.

You say you have no problem with microsoft just the fans, yet you talk about online dlc and timed exclusives which microsoft decided to do.

so it is more about microsoft not just the fans.

Microsoft have contributed enough for them to have a right to exist in our industry, they are not perfect, and they have made mistakes. (Buying Bungie and Rare, Time DLC) but they have also:

Made Online gaming mainstream

Made Sony make more powerful consoles

Made Sony make more exclusives

Brought PC exclusives to consoles because of the power

Made achievements mainstream something important to many gamers

Usher in digital entertainment on consoles. (If you don't own a PC or Cable television Xbox is useful) Youtube hulu etc.

DLC such as game demoes, game videos and such are useful for gamers, and Dlc in general more content for us gamers to enjoy. You can bet even if Xbox 720 has bluray their will be dlc. In fact dlc and achievements are already confirmed to continue on Xbox 720.

Na, As a Sony fan I don't really care. We Got much better exclusive games this gen and we still got to play the games mentioned in the OP. So it was a win win for everyone.

maximrace said:
ofcourse they are upset. Xbox fans would be upset too if gears went multiplat. It's a normal reaction although some are overeacting

No it isn't.

PMSL, you think it's normal that people should be upset that a different games console sees a release of a game already on a games console they own.

That's just plain weird.

EDIT...it's bloody pathetic really actually. People like that don't deserve to be part of community forums like this and post their poisonous mind. I think those people are called "fanboys", or "losers" to people in the real world.

(disclaimer, I'm not calling you a fanboy, but I'm offering my opinion on your statement which I believe is fair game).

JayWood2010 said:
NiKKoM said:
I'm more upset with people claiming the quality went down because it went multiplatform.. They just need to see that their beloved company/franchise would have been equally crappy if it stayed exclusive

Pretty much this.

No no no... MGS4 is THAT much better, because Kojima snuck a joke about swapping disks in the game!

Around the Network
mutantclown said:
Jega said:
Please don't ban DigitalDevilSummoner just yet if you are planning to mods.Please.

I want myself and the community to chat with him for a while.

why does he deserve a ban and you don't? He stuck the nail where it hurts? it was only the truth.

If you know vgchartz you know he said enough to get a ban. And he didn't speak the truth it was more like his own personal feelings toward Microsoft and Fans.

I am not saying he wasn't talking about reality, he is, but it is just from his perspective, what is bitter to one man is sweet to a next.

I hope you get my point.

No i am not upset as a ps fan, the opposite happened to me. Sony lost many exclusives and as an answer to this situation tehy stepped up there first party studios as hard as possible and created some of the best games of this generation. So no, i am not upset. Thats the best think thatcould happened for me as a gamer. About 85% of the games i play are exclusives.

What is bitter to one man is sweet to another man.

Final fantasy 13 going to xbox 360 was upsetting to some playstation fans.

While to final fantasy fans who only owned an xbox 360 it was a happy moment.

Oh, noes. Seriously. This thread shows the inner self of several people, and I'm scared. :(

And as an Xbox360 owner, I feel insulted by many users pro and against Xbox360. (Yes, I double-post because I'm so ausum).