By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which will sell more: COD Ghosts vs GTA V

Which game will sell more

Call of Duty: Ghosts 110 24.28%

Grand Theft Auto V 280 61.81%

See the results 61 13.47%

Total:451

It will be GTA and I think with a clear margin. Though obviously there will be many COD games before the next GTA.

Around the Network

COD seems to be like the Madden of the FPS genre. It's the one FPS everyone wants to get every year. I don't understand why people seem to think it will have a significant drop every year because it never does. I think it'll be really close but with COD pulling ahead by just a bit.

Also, I don't think trailer views will determine who will win. A lot of people re-watch the GTA trailer because they are looking for things they might have missed.

brendude13 said:
Hahahahaha! You so funny!

I try. No but seriously, everyone expects GTA V to sell better but I'm sure COD will find a way to have amazing sales that are better than GTA V. COD is just a very strong and pretty consistently selling series right now and it's STILL breaking sales related records. Hopefully, the hype surrounding GTA V sticks around once it's time to fork over money or else we'll see GTA IV part 2 in terms of sales (not like it's a bad thing though, just less than what COD Ghosts will probably sell).

GTA needs two or three years to sell close to what CoD sells in one year.

You have your answer.

ethomaz said:

You have your answer.

so your saying COD will outsell GTA... u wanna bet.

Around the Network

CoD. the next game reveal with the next xbox will help sales. also Sony and MS will be using CoD to sell their next gen consoles. the sales on next gen consoles for CoD will be the difference between the two games

Hmm I'm going with Call of Duty Ghosts.

I feel dirty knowing I bought the first Modern Warfare, and I feel dirty just watching any GTA, so I'll just watch these two mega-giant franchises from afar. May the most destructive, violent, and senseless one win, I guess.

CoD, if all consoles are considered. It will drop down from before maybe but not enough. This entry will spike more interest then blops 2 because it's "new".

It isn't new..... Ughh..

dsage01 said:
ethomaz said:

You have your answer.

so your saying COD will outsell GTA... u wanna bet.

Easily... yeah... any bet for you be happy.

CoD is a bigger franchise than GTA.