By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Does this not justify belief in a God...

Nem said:
MS10 said:
well I believe in God from my own life experiences.

and I like science.

but all most everything science tells us is theory.and they never stand the test of time and all most always get replace with a new theory.

the big bang,evolution,just theory's.

and I have a question I don't understand maybe some one can help me out.

I thought animal evolved to survive?why did monkeys evolved into humans but then stay monkeys also?

and how did dinosaurs get wiped out in one mass event but some how also evolved in to birds?

God is real ask him to show you.but take it serious.

Oh geez... i dont know if someone answered you yet but i will anyways.

You got evolution a bit wrong. They dont "evolve" they mutate and with that mutation there might come evolution aswell. First of all, we dont come from monkeys, we come from apes. Though theres plenty of monkeys out there! :D

Evolution isnt a straight line. You can look at it as a tree of development. It creates all types of things. Some of them are positive, some are negative. With time the positive ones allow for a more sucessful survival and reproduction and eventually completely replace the weaker ones.

Look at humans. We just evolved a bit too much to the point where we have reflexive thought, but if we wanted we could easily wipe out most monkeys and apes out of existance (and we would if we thought they were a threat to our survival). We are also ALOT more than they are. Evolution is not something that happens in a decade but over thousands of years.

These questions made me wonder if you were paying atention when they explained Evolution to you in school. ^^

Just want to clarify here.

Modern primates (humans, apes, chimps) came from a common ancestor from whom we all evolved. This common ancestor was "ape-like." That isn't to say we came from apes, because we didn't.

It's astonishing to me that theists continue to purport that humans are the product of God. Humans are a particular species of primate that just happened to develop the most intelligence. 

Around the Network

@Nem

What a way to twist my words, you must be so proud.

I'm sorry for asking you to be open minded, please forgive me.  If you want to strengthen your atheistic beliefs, maybe you should read the other side of the argument to refute it, instead of simple ignoring it. That is why i said ignorance. Who knows, maybe you might find a thing or two helpful, for your cause in coming from nothing and going to something. 

Just so you know, I live in Canada, been here all my life and nothing is forced upon me. Thats the problem, you only want to hear what supports your argument and not the other side. Or is it CNN the driving moto of your intelligence when it comes to ISLAM, and not culture.....? like i said earlier, if that is not the definition of ignorance than please, show me the way.Culture and Religion is two different things, and someone with your vast knowledge should recognize that!.

you reminded me of Pasture jones. They conducted an interview with him on fox and the only reason he burned the quran was because "Experts" told him whats in it instead of him openning the book and see if its true or not.If he simply opened to the, i don't think he would have burned it. And to see that he has followers, surely it is the herd you were talking about earlier....no? or your news channel didn't announce that yet?

Jos8f said:

@Nem

I'm sorry for asking you to be open minded, please forgive me.  If you want to strengthen your atheistic beliefs, maybe you should read the other side of the argument to refute it, instead of simple ignoring it. That is why i said ignorance. Who knows, maybe you might find a thing or two helpful, for your cause in coming from nothing and going to something. 

Just so you know, I live in Canada, been here all my life and nothing is forced upon me. Thats the problem, you only want to hear what supports your argument and not the other side. Or is it CNN the driving moto of your intelligence when it comes to ISLAM, and not culture.....? like i said earlier, if that is not the definition of ignorance than please, show me the way.Culture and Religion is two different things, and someone with your vast knowledge should recognize that!.

you reminded me of Pasture jones. They conducted an interview with him on fox and the only reason he burned the quran was because "Experts" told him whats in it instead of him openning the book and see if its true or not.If he simply opened to the, i don't think he would have burned it. And to see that he has followers, surely it is the herd you were talking about earlier....no? or your news channel didn't announce that yet?

You know my view and the view of TV channels are not the same yes? I am an individual and i think for myself.Actually, i dont even live in europe so i dont even watch those networks.

For the record, i am quite open minded. Tell us how you feel about Homosexuality and same sex marriage for example? You talk the talk but can you walk the walk?

You didnt quite answer my questions, but its alright. Its doubtful it would get anywhere.

God has always existed and the rules of the universe do not apply to the creator (like time) so he does not need a creator because that would mean the creator had a creator and so on for all eternity thus we would never have existed.

as for the universe having always existed is impossible as we know that it is expanding thus it had a starting point. plus the rules that nothing comes out of nothing in our universe would make the universe having to create itself without it being there in the first place and with nothing I mean zero even the things we don't see. that's like a mother giving birth to her self without existing to create her self (head explodes). lol

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Nem said:
Jos8f said:

@Nem

You know my view and the view of TV channels are not the same yes? I am an individual and i think for myself.Actually, i dont even live in europe so i dont even watch those networks.

For the record, i am quite open minded. Tell us how you feel about Homosexuality and same sex marriage for example? You talk the talk but can you walk the walk?

You didnt quite answer my questions, but its alright. Its doubtful it would get anywhere.

tell us what you think about Homos in Islam? how are they treated and what happens to them?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Roma said:

as for the universe having always existed is impossible as we know that it is expanding thus it had a starting point. plus the rules that nothing comes out of nothing in our universe would make the universe having to create itself without it being there in the first place and with nothing I mean zero even the things we don't see. that's like a mother giving birth to her self without existing to create her self (head explodes). lol

Correct. The Universe had a finite starting point.

Incorrect that something cannot come from nothing. It can indeed happen. That isn't to say that it DID happen. No, no one is saying that...only that is is plausible. It offers one possible explanation, which is much more than we had before.

The reason we can say that it is plausible for the Universe from "nothing" is because the sum total energy of the Universe can be described as 0. Thus, mathematically, it is completely reasonable to get something (0) from nothing (0). 

Slimebeast said:
It takes a God to make something out of nothing. That's the only reasonable answer to me.

So you think man is god?

dsgrue3 said:
Roma said:

Incorrect that something cannot come from nothing. It can indeed happen. That isn't to say that it DID happen. No, no one is saying that...only that is is plausible. It offers one possible explanation, which is much more than we had before.

The reason we can say that it is plausible for the Universe from "nothing" is because the sum total energy of the Universe can be described as 0. Thus, mathematically, it is completely reasonable to get something (0) from nothing (0). 

If you throw a shotput in the air, at some point in the air it will completely stop and thus is sum total energy will be 0, but guess what, it's not nothing.  And while the Universe has a total sum energy of 0, it still isn't "nothing."

Something...Something...Games...Something

JakDaSnack said:
dsgrue3 said:
Roma said:

If you throw a shotput in the air, at some point in the air it will completely stop and thus is sum total energy will be 0, but guess what, it's not nothing.  And while the Universe has a total sum energy of 0, it still isn't "nothing."

Wrong. A shotput is still a shotput regardless of its position.

Matter (the shotput) IS energy. At no point does the energy of the shotput hit 0, because matter is simply energy and energy is nothing more than the probability of partial wave-form collapse. 

Rab said:

How could a God be created? What is it's beginning?

hes so bad he just is.  in the beginning was the word.  and the worst was God.  and word was with God.  God is just a bada mama jama.  or as he like to say He just am