By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metro: Last Light Light vs Crysis 3

Metro: Last Light vs Crysis 3

Metro: Last Light 92 68.15%

Crysis 3 43 31.85%

Total:135
CGI-Quality said:

From GeForce:

"The depth of field is impressive here. Notice how the shrubbery up close is blurred out? Furthermore, what appears to be volumetric for appropriately hides the buildings in the background. The textures on the tree are as sharp as its branches."

"If this is a real in-engine screen, the lighting here is out of this world."

"This screen here could be showing DX11's ability to do particl motion blurring as different objects in the image appear to be blurring at differenty intensities. Notice the jumping far creature on the left? His left hand is blurrier than any other part of his body. If this is a real screenshot, the the attention to detail is amazing."

"Could lights on the walls be caused by the dynamic lighting from the explosion?"

"There seems to be lots of graphical effects happening here: dynamic lighting, volumetric fog, advanced epth of field. In addition to that, it just looks really cool."

While some may dismiss these as concept art, it might be worth mentioning that the images were contained within a THQ FTP folder that read "NEW SCREENS FOR GAMESCOM" and not "NEW ART FOR GAMESCOM." If these are actually indeed in-engine screenshots from the game, expect Metro: Last Light to squeeze every ounce out of your graphics card. Even its predecessor, Metro 2033, equipped withDirectX 11TessellationPhysX proved to be quite the GPU-intensive game.

You can verify whether or not these are actual images from the game's proprietary 4A Engine when Metro: Last Light releases later next year.

Judging by the pictures Metro looks better.

Around the Network

Opinions will vary. Both are superb in different ways so it comes to what is more appealing to you. The dark atmosphere of Metro or the lush grassy urban jungle of Crysis.

With that said I will say this. Metro 2033 was horribly optimized and it is a good chance that Last Light will be as well. Im excited for Last Light though. my friend is extremely excited for it and sends me videos all the time lol

Man I wish I had the cash to get Metro: LL at launch right now, and a PC to max it, shit looks sick as hell.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

i think crysis will have the better technique (with all the wind blowing through the grass and so on) but metro will look better because of the better atmosphere and the perfect use of different light on the right spots.

Around the Network

Just about 5 hours till I get to play Metro: LL and see it in all its glory!!!

CGI-Quality said:
nnodley said:
Just about 5 hours till I get to play Metro: LL and see it in all its glory!!!

I know!!!! I'm actually a tad more excited for it than I was either Crysis 3 or Tomb Raider. So many advanced features!

The only thing I'm afraid of is that I won't be able to enable a lot of the extra effects for fear of low fps.  I'm sure I'll I should be able to run most and have to turn off some small effects I don't care much about.

Oh, and I bet I'll be playing this till 3 or 4 in the morning.

CGI-Quality said:

Pics like these are what I imagined possoble from 8th gen consoles. I think they can do it!

I'm sure they easily will in a couple years.  I'm hoping ND and SSM give us amazing looking Uncharted and GoW games.

Judging from what I've seen, I think that Metro Last Light will top some of the best looking games for years to come. With that said, Last Light not only has the graphics tech, but has an awesome art style to go with it. Sure, Crysis 3 looks great and all, but it ends up looking a bit generic. That's not the case with Last Light.

CGI-Quality said:
nnodley said:

The only thing I'm afraid of is that I won't be able to enable a lot of the extra effects for fear of low fps.  I'm sure I'll I should be able to run most and have to turn off some small effects I don't care much about.

Oh, and I bet I'll be playing this till 3 or 4 in the morning.

Read this:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/metro-last-light-graphics-breakdown-and-performance-guide

Puts a LOT of worries to rest. The game is VERY optimized, especially for GeForce cards.

Awesome, thanks!!  Looks like I won't be able to use 2x SSAA though.  If only I had two 680's in SLI right now.  3 and half hours left!!