By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metro: Last Light Light vs Crysis 3

Metro: Last Light vs Crysis 3

Metro: Last Light 92 68.15%

Crysis 3 43 31.85%

Total:135

I have some pics that I will post later. Also, what do you use to capture your screens? I'm surprised at how much better the gameplay is. I was also surprised that I easily get 60fps with everything maxed without 2x SSAA. I get 40-45fps with 2x SSAA enabled. Everything is crazily detailed and amazing. Lighting is fantastic. The game is so much more optimized than 2033.

What bugs have you encountered? I don't think I've encountered any so far.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

OK, so with the game out, despite some bugs (PC version), I have my early impressions and some pics to accompany:

-pics-

I captured pics that not only show the graphical upgrade from 2033, but  also stand toe-to-toe with some of my best pics from Crysis 3. So far, they're on an even playing field (with Crysis 3 even having a slight lead - far less bug filled). 

As for game-play, it has been GREATLY fine-tuned and feels much tighter. The story is more interesting, the monsters more detailed and varied, and as I said, it's one the best graphical representations of PC power right now. Next gen consoles may get here closer to the 9th gen, but right now, you'd be hard-pressed to find something that looks as good as Last Light, and you certainly won't find one with this amount of jam-packed technical features.

The surrounds are <b>gorgeous</b>, but the characters seem to lack detail. Especially the faces. Having seen the game in motion, is this just an impression created by those screenshots or does this feel also apply while playing the game? The environment seems far mor detailed.

CGI-Quality said:
KHlover said:
CGI-Quality said:

OK, so with the game out, despite some bugs (PC version), I have my early impressions and some pics to accompany:

-pics-

I captured pics that not only show the graphical upgrade from 2033, but  also stand toe-to-toe with some of my best pics from Crysis 3. So far, they're on an even playing field (with Crysis 3 even having a slight lead - far less bug filled). 

As for game-play, it has been GREATLY fine-tuned and feels much tighter. The story is more interesting, the monsters more detailed and varied, and as I said, it's one the best graphical representations of PC power right now. Next gen consoles may get here closer to the 9th gen, but right now, you'd be hard-pressed to find something that looks as good as Last Light, and you certainly won't find one with this amount of jam-packed technical features.

The surrounds are gorgeous, but the characters seem to lack detail. Especially the faces. Having seen the game in motion, is this just an impression created by those screenshots or does this feel also apply while playing the game? The environment seems far mor detailed.

Yeah, some of the characters look a little too shiny, but the environments are only rivaled by Crysis 3. Seriously. Everything, even the most mindane of objects, is HIGHLY detailed!

Yeah, judging by your screenshots the level of detail is mind blowing. A shame that my rig won't be strong enough to run it at this quality for probably at least two more years

CGI-Quality said:
nnodley said:
I have some pics that I will post later. Also, what do you use to capture your screens? I'm surprised at how much better the gameplay is. I was also surprised that I easily get 60fps with everything maxed without 2x SSAA. I get 40-45fps with 2x SSAA enabled. Everything is crazily detailed and amazing. Lighting is fantastic. The game is so much more optimized than 2033.

What bugs have you encountered? I don't think I've encountered any so far.

Well, turning on Advanced PhysX, so far, is buggy. I was getting some crazy artifacts with it on last night, along with the BETA driver 320.14. Since reverting back to 314.22 and keeping A PhysX off, I don't have ay real issues outside of occassional shadow flickers and such (which is reportedly an issue all around). Otherwise, I get a solid 60fps, most of the time, which will be fixed when the next WHQL driver releases and I can get it back to 120fps.

As for screens, EVGA Precision X is your best friend (if you're on the Green Team, that is)! :P

I turned on Advanced PhysX and haven't had any problems with it.  Although I never did download the new driver.  I may play it tonight with 2x SSAA on and take somes screens that way. Would love to have my second GTX 680 right now so I could run 2x SSAA better.  And yes, I use EVGA Precision X also.  I will post my screens later.

My Last Light screens: For some reason tumblr resized them to 1280x720.  

Around the Network

WOW are those metro screens impressive. they look...... amazing!! i cant say which one looks better but i personally like the metro art style and overall look much better

bananaking21 said:
WOW are those metro screens impressive. they look...... amazing!! i cant say which one looks better but i personally like the metro art style and overall look much better

It's a tough one between the two.  But, I also like the way metro looks much better.  I think Crysis 3, while very impressive, is quite bland.

CGI-Quality said:
I've taken a break on Last Light until they release a WHQL driver.

Did you run into more bugs or something?   I'm about 4 hours into the game and just got past the Reds.  I like this story better than 2033 so far and the gameplay is vastly superior.  I would have posted more screens, but I forgot to open EVGA precision x yesterday when I started.

CGI-Quality said:
nnodley said:
CGI-Quality said:
I've taken a break on Last Light until they release a WHQL driver.

Did you run into more bugs or something?   I'm about 4 hours into the game and just got past the Reds.  I like this story better than 2033 so far and the gameplay is vastly superior.  I would have posted more screens, but I forgot to open EVGA precision x yesterday when I started.

I had a crash, but not too many bugs.

I hope I don't have any crashes.  Been smooth sailing so far. 

Just finished the game and wow was it amazing. Didn't get the good ending, but still thought the bad ending was fitting for the game. Put 11 hours into it.