By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I beat up my step dad. Was I wrong in doing so? (Long read)

Except I did read the whole OP and the thread. You don't have to be anywhere you don't want to be. How many bills are you paying at the house?

Around the Network

"Something about doing something all by himself, cutting down a tree or making wood. I don't know and don't care because I don't favors for nothing."

So you want your parents to do things for you but you won't help them with anything unless you get something in return? There seem to be plenty of issues, but that's the root of your relationship problem. Unless I missed you paying rent and utilities or something...

You asked that he help you learn to drive. You asked for what you wanted but it seemed if he(they) ask you to do something you won't because you aren't getting anything out of it. Do you work man? Cut grass? Anything?

Horrorfest said:

Except you're missing the part where I never asked for anything and I kept my myself shut. i didn't go bitching to him. You are guilty as well of not even reading the whole fucking story. That's all I'm going to say since you don't even bother to know the whole story. Don't talk about something when you don't even care enough to know the complete story. Retarded. Some of you who actually read the story made good points about me being both wrong and right but this is just pathetic. Responding to this when you didn't even read the whole story.

You claim you never asked for anything. So you're saying you didn't ask for driving lessons? You didn't at any point ask for the opportunity to get the car? You didn't ask for dinner, or for your mother and stepfather to do anything else for you, at any point in time?

I highly doubt it. The fact that you "kept yourself shut" doesn't mean that you aren't taking advantage of them - indeed, in many ways, it's quite the opposite. They've provided you with (likely free) housing, food, transportation, driving lessons, etc. And you repay them by complaining and seething about the fact that they don't keep you updated about every aspect of their lives, and that they don't go even further to accomodate you... all while refusing completely to do anything whatsoever to help them, if you're not directly getting something in return.

I can't help but notice that you've responded to others, but seem to have gone out of your way to avoid responding to what I've said. Why is this?

AnthonyW86 said:
Hewas harrassing you will he was sitting in his chair and you where walking away?.... I think you need to look up what harrassing means.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying whether it was or wasn't harrassment, but if you've ever had to deal with parents being negative about you with every single word they say, you would understand how it can really start getting to you. My father is perfectly fine, and while I generally speaking get along well with my mother, the lady has never said a compliment to me my entire god damned life. Its either something negative or nothing at all (and no, I'm not exaggerating, I have physically asked her to please just say one thing nice, she still can't). While I in no way have it as bad as this seems, I can completely understand how you would get to a point you just decide to beat the living shit out of the person.

My father had a mother that seemed to think being abusive (pulling hair, treating very poorly, etc.) was the way to treat her kids (don't get me wrong, kids can be little shits, but there are better ways to deal with things than acting like a kid yourself). Yea, that all stopped EXTREMELY fast when it got to a point where lets just say she knew if she ever did anything again my father would have beat the living shit out of her.

Occasional verbal (and sometimes physical) abuse isn't too bad, its when it is all the time.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network

Dude, you live in your mom's house, eat off of their money, yet you have the balls to imply that you don't owe them anything? You literally have no right to keep to yourself all the while you leech from them.

And PS, you were on the wrong. Your stepdad may not be a saint, he may be a d-bag at times, but you're the biggest lamest excuse for a member in your household.

Aielyn said:lol. 
rrorfest said:

Except you're missing the part where I nepays. Im asked for anything and kept my myself shut. i didn't go bitching to him. You are guilty as either l of not even reading the whole fucking story. That's all I'm going to say since you don't even bother to know the whole story. Don't talk about something when you don't even care enough to know the complete story. Retarded. Some of you who actually read the story made good points about me being both wrong and right but this is just pathetic. Responding to this when you didn't even read the whole story.

You claim you never asked for anything. So you're saying you didn't ask for driving lessons? You didn't at any point ask for the opportunity to get the car? You didn't ask for dinner, or for your mother and stepfather to do anything else for you, at any point in time?

I highly doubt it. The fact that you "kept yourself shut" doesn't mean that you aren't taking advantage of them - indeed, in many ways, it's quite the opposite. They've provided you with (likely free) housing, food, transportation, driving lessons, etc. And you repay them by complaining and seething about the fact that they don't keep you updated about every aspect of their lives, and that they don't go even further to accomodate you... all while refusing completely to do anything whatsoever to help them, if you're not directly getting something in return.

I can't help but notice that you've responded to others, but seem to have gone out of your way to avoid responding to what I've said. Why is this?

Mine either lol. I just really want to know if he works or which bills he pays. I think i know the answer though.

wow. What a huge pile of self indulgent, entitled excuses.

You need to grow up and get out of this early teenager mindset that the world owes you anything. All I see is a bunch of crying about this and that, yet the world is full of people who have it much worse than you who don't beat up anyone.

But I don't know what it's like, right? waaaah, waaaah, waaaaah. If you ever grow up and develop a grain of self insight you'll realize that everyone has shit they have to deal with.

You're 20 years old and should have figured this out about 4 years ago: Only you are responsible for your own situation, if something is not working out, change it. It's not going to be easy and people are not going to hand you stuff just for being you, cause you're not fucking 8 years old anymore, but stop giving yourself excuses. If you go back and read all of your replies here, is so full of excuses it's embarrassing.

"He broke his word", "Any other male would do the same", "I've had to go through hell", "you don't know what it's like", "I tried to walk away, but ...", "I've never asked for anything", "You didn't read the whole story", "My dad was verbally abusive"

It's all a bunch of excuses you're making so you can point the fingers at everyone else, and not have to face the facts that you're acting like an overgrown child. Go back and read, I challenge you. You start this thread seemingly asking if you were wrong in what you did, which you obviously were, but as soon as someone points this out you're full of excuses. "You didn't read it all", "Well, I also could have mentioned this ", and more crying. I suspect the real reason you started this thread was because you wanted to wallow in the delightful misery of having people tell you how awful your step dad is, and poor you, and more stroking of your little child ego.

Stop blaming other people for your own situation and do what your step dad tells you: Man up.

I can't respond to everyone to begin with. I'm not going to bother replying to anyone else who hasn't even read the whole story which some of you clearly have not read it. I will repeat one more last time I didn't ask for anything. My mother's boyfriend came to me several times as he was aware I was not in a good place with my life. It was not the other way around. I'm done talking about this, though. I have said most of the story and make of it what you will.

I moved out the day it happened anyways and I'm moving on with my life. I will talk to my step dad if and when he wants to talk. Something I told both my mother and sister I would do the day after the incident. I never once either said none of it was my fault as some of you assume I entirely blame it on him.

It's over with and I'm glad it finally happened (it was bound to happen after tension between us on and off for years) so that it can be done and we both can move on. For those of you who actually did read it and either thought I was wrong or right, thanks. That's the type of advice I was looking for.

Violence is never the answer. Like someone else said, move out. If you two really can't get along then one you you'll end up killing each other.