By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WiiU and Vita owners, can we all agree that both consoles are similarly disastrous and move on?

Can we make peace?

Never! WiiU is slightly l... 203 48.22%

Never! Vita is marginally... 106 25.18%

I'm a dirty hippie and b... 86 20.43%

I'm a MS fan and I'm lo... 26 6.18%

Total:421

Wii U has had a really bad launch but i think by the end of this year things are going to turn around and things will start looking good for it. I don't think it'll get a price cut, I just expect some attractive games to be released for it in the 2nd half of 2013. How well will it do? I'll wait until the end of the year to see.

Vita has been out for over a year and is still really struggling despite a number of first party games, a (shitty) COD, an AC game.

The only card I see Sony having is GOW Vita game and maybe a Final Fantasy exclusive.I don't think trying to push it as a PS4 controller will do anything for it. Once PS4 launches things won't get better for Vita because Sony will/already has shifted most of it's resources to it's home console since that would be more important than their handheld.

I see Vita selling GC/Xbox levels or a bit less lifetime.

Around the Network

Nope.

Vita has had the Xmas and plenty of time to rebound. Its almost out of options and frankly its still on target for the early death I said it would have before it even launched. Only rare potential would be PS4s uber connectivity makes it a must have accessory.

Wii U will rebound by end of this year.

Otakumegane said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Otakumegane said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Otakumegane said:
You're struggling to find a grounds of equality when it's quite obvious which is more doomed.

(Hint: It isn't the WiiU)

No seriously. Their situations are pretty different.

See? That's what's laughable. So who cares which is "more doomed"?

They both seem pretty doomed to me.

Their numbers are very similar.

Vita in its 5th month (April 2012): 207.880
WiiU in its 5th month (March 2013): 207.861

I know Nintendo product do better in the holidays but even so, it will be a pathetic victory.

The problem is that people try to make them seem equal when they obviously aren't.

Why does that offend you personally?

Even if WiiU were not as pathetic as Vita, the fact that you need to defend a smelly turd against a slightly less smelly turd is still laughable.

Because one of those smelly turds are going to get less smelly and the other one is getting smellier as October approaches.

It offends me because I'm sleepy and cranky and I shouldn't be on the internet right now.

I'm not sure which you're referring to as we know the Vita has more games coming. We have next to nothing on release dates for Wii U titles.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Right now, I'd say they're in the same boat, as they're selling roughly the same units. I agree with Mr Khan though, the Wii U's future is looking rosier because Nintendo are guaranteed to give the Wii U full 1st party support, whereas Sony aren't with the Vita.

I think some people are grossly overestimating the effect 1st party titles will have on Wii U sales though. It didn't work for the Gamecube, so it's not guaranteed to work for the Wii U. Don't forget that New Super Mario Bros U, arguably part of the biggest Nintendo 1st party franchise, has already released.

Maris said:
rutea7 said:

If you mean list wars it doesn't work with Nintendo fans, all games suck if they're not Mario. So 100 games won't be impressive to them cause they'll just say they all suck.

You can't act as if you're above the argument and then turn around and throw blatant generalizations at people. Makes you seem foolish.

Either way, they're both disasters at the moment. I own both and I still love them both. 

I know not every Nintendo fan thinks that way but only today I must've read plenty opinions like that in any e3 related thread.

Stuff like "when Nintendo shows Mario kart all the competition exclusives become irrelevant" is pretty common in these forums. Saying a single game can eclipse 20 other quality games is a bit.... Well, delusional to say the least. And you really can't say that the replies from some representatives of the Nintendo fan base in this thread were exactly classy, not all were bad though.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
carlos710 said:
For me the difference is that the Vita already got pretty much all the help it was going to get (price cuts, bundles, over one year of game releases) .. while the Wii U is about to start. If in 8 months the Wii U situation doesn't improves, then yes, they are in the same position.

Anyways I would like both platforms to do better. Regardless of what some people here thinks I don't hate Sony and I hope the sales of the vita improves to be a decent challenger to the 3ds

Vita hasn't had a price cut anywhere but Japan.

Vita iis now at 199'95€ (not just the wifi model, also the 3g and the bundles) it's a time ofertal but there is it. Also Vita has now one year in market. the WiiU is just on 5 months..

I think WiiU situation is better, not just because it's selling more globally almost every week. but htere are anounced a plenty of games (most of them exclusives) that sure will make a boost in sales.

I think the Vita momentum will come when PS4 comes, because the bundles and the possibility to use Vita as a controller for the machine. My doubt is if this will make to increase jus the Vita numbers but not the games

No it's Different situation, i had WiiU and Vita. in my Opinion Vita is a great portable system without a game, there is a lot of Vita Contents that far superior than WiiU and 3DS combined!!! Sony just really messed up with Vita. i bought Vita to play soul sacrifice a few days ago and i really surprise with PS+ and a lot of games inside the PSN. WiiU is Nintendo Console, i will buy all Nintendo System without any doubt. WiiU only need a time just like 3DS before... slow start.

Arfen said:

Vita iis now at 199'95€ (not just the wifi model, also the 3g and the bundles) it's a time ofertal but there is it. Also Vita has now one year in market. the WiiU is just on 5 months..

So we're talking about unofficial price cuts, then?  Like £100 off Wii-U in the UK?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-02-asda-drops-wii-u-price-to-just-149-199

Both Vita & Wii-U have been heavily discounted by retailers below the RRP.

Kresnik said:
Arfen said:

So we're talking about unofficial price cuts, then?  Like £100 off Wii-U in the UK?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-02-asda-drops-wii-u-price-to-just-149-199

Both Vita & Wii-U have been heavily discounted by retailers below the RRP.

I don't see a £130 Vita yet.

sepoer said:
No it's Different situation, i had WiiU and Vita. in my Opinion Vita is a great portable system without a game, there is a lot of Vita Contents that far superior than WiiU and 3DS combined!!! Sony just really messed up with Vita. i bought Vita to play soul sacrifice a few days ago and i really surprise with PS+ and a lot of games inside the PSN. WiiU is Nintendo Console, i will buy all Nintendo System without any doubt. WiiU only need a time just like 3DS before... slow start.

I hope you are enjoying your vita. Unfortunately a lot of the games are digital only and hardly get any attention. Also from what I've seen retail stores don't have many games on display and its always the same old titles, I don't see that helping.

I hope Sony has a good strategy for the holidays and a price drop.