By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Madden a NO GO for Wii U this year. EA reaffirms it still has a "Strong Partnership" with Nintendo.

zumnupy10 said:
I'm really worried about EA on Sony and Nintendo platforms.

EA wasn't at the PS4 announcement in february and with the rumours of the next game from Respawn being exclusively on X720.

It seems they are aligned with MS.

I'm assuming M$ really has that online DRM thing solely because of this.

EA will support that to death.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

I guess Nintendo really is banking on a Western AAA crash in the next years.

So are we going to get Mario football now?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

I'm pretty sure madden skipped the 64 a few times

Otakumegane said:

I hope Next Level Games (Mario Strikers series and Luigi's Mansion 2) would be doing that.

Former something....

what is it with the topics now days? Instead of having the discussion ontopic every time it goes to WII U vs Vita!
We know that EA only has a very close relationship with the console makers which have a big install base. And even with those they screw up with sales. Too bad that it's hard to boycott all EA sales as they own a big part of the gaming market.

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:

That Mario football game for the Gamecube (Super Mario Strikers, I think) is the best football game I've played in the last decade, so I'm sure they would also come up with a great version of Handegg.

EA thinks they can get away with insulting its own Madden fanbase. We're not stupid, you assholes. EA really expects nintendo owners to gobble up any piece of shit that they throw together, well they're dead wrong. How the fuck do you omit the new physics engine on Wii U's version, the engine Madden fans have been clamoring for back when 2K football was in the game. On top of that, the game was released 4 months late, which is a must have at launch (preseason football time). Its obvious EA set it up for failure. I hope all the scum at EA rot slow.

So, due to EA's stranglehold on NFL football, the Wii U isn't going to get a game that would be suitable for its tablet gamepad?  

If you want to know a reason why I dislike EA strongly now, look at the above statement I said.

richardhutnik said:

So, due to EA's stranglehold on NFL football, the Wii U isn't going to get a game that would be suitable for its tablet gamepad?  

If you want to know a reason why I dislike EA strongly now, look at the above statement I said.

The NFL could possibly be convinced to sue over the matter, if another publisher got the idea that they could use this as a window to breaking the exclusivity deal, and then demonstrated the lack of growth in the Madden franchise over the years as a means to further convince the NFL to bring suit.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Sal.Paradise said:
I'm surprised they're not at least doing a roster update..

Yeah, that really shows the degree to which EA is trying to kill the Wii U. I mean, how little would it cost them just to chuck some new rosters into the existing Wii U Madden 13 (which itself was just a roster update of Madden 12, unlike the PS3 and 360 versions!) and push it out the door as a new product? They'd at least clock 200,000 units, almost pure profit

No, EA's leadership still has to be hopping mad.

200k? Not happening.

I'm not sure if Madden 14 on the Wii U could even reach 100k, nevermind twice that amount. Especially in Novemeber when the game will be launching on next gen consoles, along side the PS3 and 360 versions.

Madden NFL 13 (Wii U) 30k retail.

Also to put things into perspective Mass Effect 3 (Wii U) 50k retail.

And you wonder why EA has dropped support for the console.