By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony Lost The Console War In North America.

Good. I would hate for an american company to lose here on there home turf. Glad to see we have some patriotism in this country. I supported MS from the first xbox. The majority of my money is going into the pockets of the american worker, not in the pockets of the Japanese all the time, which the majority of the people on this website support more.

[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/sidious_164]

[/url]

Around the Network
sidious164 said:
Good. I would hate for an american company to lose here on there home turf. Glad to see we have some patriotism in this country. I supported MS from the first xbox. The majority of my money is going into the pockets of the american worker, not in the pockets of the Japanese all the time, which the majority of the people on this website support more.

Ehm... do you know that MS products are made outside of USA right? XD

yeh right, sony has a huge chance of regaining north america next gen, the 360 only just manages to outsell it weekly with kinect and the cheaper price point

sidious164 said:
Good. I would hate for an american company to lose here on there home turf. Glad to see some patriotism in this country. I supported MS from the first xbox. The majority of my money is going into the pockets of the american worker, not in the pockets of the Japanese all the time, which the majority of the people on this website support more.

As already pointed out... Not sure if serious. Pretty sure 360 is neither made nor assembled in the US. I know they have offices there, but so does Nintendo, and Sony. So all of the big three have American employees.

Lol, spinning coming from both sides now. Gold mine.

Around the Network

I'm sorry I'm just laughing at the fact that your using really outdated numbers for the 360, PS3, and Wii. 

A thread title of "Sony won the console war" is also valid.

Sony have sold almost identical amounts in total to the 360 which means it hasn't really "lost" anything (other than billions in cash for Sony, but that's a completely different thread). The data is old and there is no real conclusion in the thread to instigate any debate. If you were serious about this thread you should get the mods to lock this one then come back with updated figures and think of a nice analysis/conclusion to encourage people to discuss it. The title is rather lazy and fishing for hits too.

PS3 did good in NA... it will reach 32-33m lifetime.

I don't think they have anything on lock down. The 1 year head start gave the 360 a fantastic lead, too much ground for Sony to recover in NA. Combine that with the insane ps3 launch price and fuggetaboutit. If you compare the weekly sales the 360 is only 15-20k above the ps3.
Next gen the 2 should have compareable prices and launch dates.
Someone will certainly pull away in NA but I don't expect a big gap like we saw this gen.