By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Fifa 14 is coming to PS Vita

fillet said:
Sensei said:
fillet said:
Sensei said:

Kinda old, but I didn't see it here in VGChartz, if already posted please ignore/lock.

According to VGLeaks, PS Vita will get a version of Fifa 14! I find this to be pretty big news as keeping that EA support is highly important. 

Also worth noting that the PS Vita version of Fifa 13 did decent numbers, selling more than the 3DS, Wii U, PSP and PS2 versions.

http://www.vgleaks.com/rumor-fifa-14-coming-for-ps-vita/

Wow!!!!....

not.

Sorry it looks like I'm trolling here, really I'm not, well maybe a little it's just that this is ridiculous. It's a given that FIFA14 will be coming out on the Vita, just like it will be coming out on every other console ever created in the last 10 years except the Xbox 1.

Do you remember what the last games that the PS1 got were? The last games that the SNES got? The Genesis/Megadrive?

They were EA sports titles.

Finding it very hard not to earn myself a ban here and biting but seriously.

How not? I looked up Fifa 13 on VGChartz software totals table and the result was that the Vita version outsold all those versions. Considering the Vita is the strongest digital software platform out of all these... the numbers are even higher.

It's just those platforms that it outsold aren't the kind of platforms that sell well anyway.

Wii-U - Low install base

PS2 - Low software sales in general at this point.

PSP - LOL

3DS - Userbase of Nintendo hand helds never care about FIFA.

If it sold more than the PS3/Xbox 360 then you'd have an epic thread.

Never the less it outsold every single one of those version, and it shows that there is yet another genre that is doing good numbers on the Vita, and keeping up the tradition of EA games selling better on Sony handhelds in comparison to Nintendo handhelds and home consoles There is no "BUT" when you consider the install base difference. Hell Madden doesnt arrives on WiiU this year, but I bet a Vita version is in works.

Like it or not, it seems that the Vita is getting its own (addmitedly) niche audience, and software is slowly but shurely trickleing in

OT: nice find

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
maverick40 said:
fillet said:
maverick40 said:
_crazy_man_ said:
maverick40 said:
The question is if it is coming out for Wii U? The next instalment of Madden will not so I wonder if it will come to the Wii U?

And even if it does, will it be another "roster update"?

ha isn't that what every Fifa game is though? I presume that add new physcis and such but isn't the reason people buy a new fifa every year for a roster update?

LOL, no it isn't at all.

FIFA football/soccer games are different ever year and have been since 08. Graphics improved massively a few years ago between 07->08 and again between 10->11 but the gameplay has been tweaked very well every year since 08 at least for the Xbox 360/PS3/PC.

Same for Madden and to a lesser degree Tiger Woods. Can't comment on NHL, don't like hockey games unless it's NHLPA 93 on the genesis :p

Thanks for the clarification but does this mean the Wii U has less or more of chance in getting Fifa 14?

I'm pretty certain there will be a version of FIFA 14 on the Wii-U, likely in the same watered down way the Wii was with it's emphasis on motion controls and rubbish graphics based more on old gen than the next gen.

Likely PS4/Next box = full featured new graphics etc. Wii-U/Xbox360/PS3 - Similar game.

Just my view based on no sources whatsoever.

hunter_alien said:
fillet said:
Sensei said:
fillet said:
Sensei said:

Kinda old, but I didn't see it here in VGChartz, if already posted please ignore/lock.

According to VGLeaks, PS Vita will get a version of Fifa 14! I find this to be pretty big news as keeping that EA support is highly important. 

Also worth noting that the PS Vita version of Fifa 13 did decent numbers, selling more than the 3DS, Wii U, PSP and PS2 versions.

Wow!!!!....

not.

Sorry it looks like I'm trolling here, really I'm not, well maybe a little it's just that this is ridiculous. It's a given that FIFA14 will be coming out on the Vita, just like it will be coming out on every other console ever created in the last 10 years except the Xbox 1.

Do you remember what the last games that the PS1 got were? The last games that the SNES got? The Genesis/Megadrive?

How not? I looked up Fifa 13 on VGChartz software totals table and the result was that the Vita version outsold all those versions. Considering the Vita is the strongest digital software platform out of all these... the numbers are even higher.

It's just those platforms that it outsold aren't the kind of platforms that sell well anyway.

Wii-U - Low install base

PSP - LOL

Never the less it outsold every single one of those version, and it shows that there is yet another genre that is doing good numbers on the Vita, and keeping up the tradition of EA games selling better on Sony handhelds in comparison to Nintendo handhelds and home consoles There is no "BUT" when you consider the install base difference. Hell Madden doesnt arrives on WiiU this year, but I bet a Vita version is in works.

Like it or not, it seems that the Vita is getting its own (addmitedly) niche audience, and software is slowly but shurely trickleing in

OT: nice find

Sony dominates Europe. Lots of people buy a console just for PES in the past and now FIFA since it's been widely accepted gradually that FIFA is superior in recent years.

I don't understand why EA haven't released a decent FIFA for the Vita if I'm honest, it certainly deserves it based on the assocaiation of football/soccer and FIFA/Sony games

fillet said:
Sensei said:
fillet said:
Sensei said:

Wow!!!!....

not.

Wii-U - Low install base

PSP - LOL

Way to downplay Vita, gj. No matter how you spin it, however, the cold hard numbers are showing how good the Vita version did.

Also, why "LOL" at the PSP? It has outsold the Wii U in Japan this week. Hell, PSP Fifa 13 outsold Wii U Fifa 13 in a 2:1 ratio. Allow me to LOL?

"Never understimate the power of PlayStation" - Sony

Sensei said:
fillet said:
Sensei said:
fillet said:
Sensei said:

Wow!!!!....

not.

Wii-U - Low install base

PSP - LOL

Way to downplay Vita, gj. No matter how you spin it, however, the cold hard numbers are showing how good the Vita version did.

Also, why "LOL" at the PSP? It has outsold the Wii U in Japan this week. Hell, PSP Fifa 13 outsold Wii U Fifa 13 in a 2:1 ratio. Allow me to LOL?

Not sure what you're getting at here, are you suggesting I have an agenda and am not merely analysing what you have posted and given my honest impartial view?

You made the thread, not me, so lets have some impressive numbers or something worthy of discussion because FIFA14 coming out on the Vita is a non event. It would be a really big deal if it wasn't more than anything.

PSP = LOL because it's at the end of it's supported life and to compare anything with it in terms of saying it's impressive to have higher sales than it is downright bonkers :p

Also, I have a bit of a problem with your tone overall here as if I have some problem with the Vita succeeding. As you can see in this thread which I made, I'm not against the Vita/Sony or any console for that matter.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=159505&page=1#47

Around the Network

Make it equal the console versions and I'll buy it. I have yet to own a Fifa game, even though I enjoy playing them round my friend's houses.

watch it be fifa 13

People still have hopes on Vita ??

Vita will be no more than a remote control for the Ps4.

Sad days for handhelds.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

fillet said:
Sensei said:
fillet said:
Sensei said:
fillet said:
Sensei said:

Wow!!!!....

not.

Wii-U - Low install base

PSP - LOL

Not sure what you're getting at here, are you suggesting I have an agenda and am not merely analysing what you have posted and given my honest impartial view?

You made the thread, not me, so lets have some impressive numbers or something worthy of discussion because FIFA14 coming out on the Vita is a non event. It would be a really big deal if it wasn't more than anything.

PSP = LOL because it's at the end of it's supported life and to compare anything with it in terms of saying it's impressive to have higher sales than it is downright bonkers :p

Also, I have a bit of a problem with your tone overall here as if I have some problem with the Vita succeeding. As you can see in this thread which I made, I'm not against the Vita/Sony or any console for that matter.

I guess we have a scenario where I see the bottle half full, you see it half empty. I am honestly happy Vita gets support from EA. It might be a cheap port now, but it might sell well and mean continued support in the future.

For a system that is considered by many 'dead', every game announced on it, for me, yes, is an 'event'. I guess it's my call to create a thread on what I think is worth discussing. If you don't think it's worth discussing, let it slip down the forum instead of trolling it.

Sensei said:
fillet said:
Sensei said:
fillet said:
Sensei said:
fillet said:
Sensei said:

Wow!!!!....

not.

Wii-U - Low install base

PSP - LOL

I guess we have a scenario where I see the bottle half full, you see it half empty. I am honestly happy Vita gets support from EA. It might be a cheap port now, but it might sell well and mean continued support in the future.

For a system that is considered by many 'dead', every game announced on it, for me, yes, is an 'event'. I guess it's my call to create a thread on what I think is worth discussing. If you don't think it's worth discussing, let it slip down the forum instead of trolling it.

Fair play, think I over-reacted, came home drunk last night and popped on here. Was a bit aggressive.

I'm with you on this genuinely, nothing would please me more than a FIFA 14 for the Vita assuming it's fleshed out. That would be great, I find it hard to believe that EA will just put yet another coat of paint on this years release - even for EA that would be pushing things. So assuming that's not the case, it's games like this that would potentially get some people very interested, so it could be an event.

I think my problem is I like to discuss stuff, where it could go, and offer the conflicting side of an argument/discussion, it's nothing personal though I assure you :) I just like debate, and am often wrong (usually?) ;)