By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will be the first Wii U game to show off its true graphical capabilities?

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:
orniletter said:
curl-6 said:

orniletter said: Quite amazing that the best looking Wii games ran at 60fps.

True; Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Metroid Prime 3, Jett Rocket, FAST Racing League, Red Steel 2, Metroid Other M, Donkey Kong Country Returns... makes you wonder what those devs could have achieved detail wise at 30fps.

Funny that you mention these two games :D ! It´s amazing that Shinen is able to achieve some of the best visuals on the Wii(with the 40mb WiiWare limit), it really puts other big publishers to shame if you keep in mind that they are a tiny developer with only around 4 people ....and one of them is only responsible for the soundtrack :D !

Yeah, Shin'en are technical wizards, I really admire their work.

In addition to their Wii efforts, they managed to squeeze this out of the Gameboy Advance:

And this out of the 3DS: (At 60fps)

And since this is a Wii U thread, here's their Wii U game Nano Assault Neo: (60fps also)

Damn!!!! and they really only have 4 people at this studio?

It's 5 people actually, I double checked and it turns out I missed one. XD 

Basically, they're a tiny team, but every one of them is incredibly good at what they do.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:
orniletter said:
curl-6 said:

True; Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Metroid Prime 3, Jett Rocket, FAST Racing League, Red Steel 2, Metroid Other M, Donkey Kong Country Returns... makes you wonder what those devs could have achieved detail wise at 30fps.

Funny that you mention these two games :D ! It´s amazing that Shinen is able to achieve some of the best visuals on the Wii(with the 40mb WiiWare limit), it really puts other big publishers to shame if you keep in mind that they are a tiny developer with only around 4 people ....and one of them is only responsible for the soundtrack :D !

In addition to their Wii efforts, they managed to squeeze this out of the Gameboy Advance:

And since this is a Wii U thread, here's their Wii U game Nano Assault Neo: (60fps also)

Basically, they're a tiny team, but every one of them is incredibly good at what they do.

Does Nintendo own them? and if not they def should and give them a bigger team and budget

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:
orniletter said:
curl-6 said:

Does Nintendo own them? and if not they def should and give them a bigger team and budget

That's German quality for you, guys :D

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

Technically, Nintendo doesn't own them, but they're sort of unofficially Nintendo-owned, as all the games they've ever made have been exclusive to Nintendo systems, (Gamboy Colour, Gameboy Advance, DS, Wii, 3DS, and Wii U) though they've done some freelance work with other companies providing soundtracks, audio dev tools and such.

At the very least if I were Nintendo I'd hire Shin'en's Wii U and 3DS engines, and hire the team as tech support; Nintendo could really use these guys.

On a side note, Shin'en already have two new unannounced Wii U games in development, and they've strongly suggested that one of them is a sequel to their F-Zero style Wiiware racer, F.A.S.T. Racing League: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-852FRy9dhk

It might just be me that have not seen any word about it, but Monster Hunter 3 on Wii was droolingly (if there is such a word; after all, I'm Brazilian...) good looking. Specially considering the amount of things happening at the same time. Also, a mention to Goldeneye is due.

Around the Network
farlaff said:
It might just be me that have not seen any word about it, but Monster Hunter 3 on Wii was droolingly (if there is such a word; after all, I'm Brazilian...) good looking. Specially considering the amount of things happening at the same time. Also, a mention to Goldeneye is due.

Monster Hunter 3 was a very good looking Wii game, I agree. It hasn't been mentioned because thread is about Wii U ;)

S.T.A.G.E. said:

You know full well Nintendo will be the one to show the Wii U's true power, but Nintendo games aren't exactly graphics intensive. They are mostly cartoons, so graphics really shouldnt matter unless its from Metroid or a third party. X doesn't even look that great compared to next gen titles but I am still psyched for it. Why might you ask? Because I learned to drop graphics and Nintendo in the same sentence a long time ago. Enjoy the game.

This is completely incorrect because it makes the assumption that if graphics are "cartoons" that they cannot be graphically intensive.  

doesn't matter since non of Nintendo console ever need great graphics to be success...

curl-6 said:
farlaff said:

Monster Hunter 3 was a very good looking Wii game, I agree. It hasn't been mentioned because thread is about Wii U ;)

LOL I deserved that for being lazy and for not explaining myself well. :P Actually, I wanted to respond to the guy asking what games could not be made on the GameCube. Those are the examples I wanted to provide.

BTW, I do know it is a U thread. :)

So far, I'd say  the Wii U's best looking game is Trine 2: Director's Cut: