By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS4 outsell the XBox One and WiiU?

no i don't think that,without reading the thread why would people think sony would outsell the whole of wiiu/nextbox

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Zero999 said:
Lawlight said:
Zero999 said:
Lawlight said:
Nintendo fans are eager for this gen to end because the only way they can claim that Nintendo won. Of course, when you look for a winner, you look for the one which sold the most - not the one who sold the most in an arbitrary period of time.

it's actually the other way around, sony fans are eager for the generation to last as long as possible because that's the only way they have a slight chance to say that sony "won".

I'll spell it for you - it doesn't matter how long a gen lasts. The winner is the one who ends up selling the most. And you and me know that it's not going to be the Nintendo Wii.

neither me nor you know that. but so far wii is 25M ahead, and the only way for ps3 to have a slight chance to close that gap is selling well for a long time. ps3 is selling moderately now, it will sell little next year and nearly nothing the 1 or 2 years after if it isn't discontinued before. ps2 is still on the market because it was still selling well, it got 7M on 2009, it's 9th year. ps3 is gonna sell 8M on it's 7th year (2013) so considering the decline it should have a smaller life than ps2 so i'm guessing 10 years. it won't be enough to pass the wii.

Quit posting such garbage. The 360 shipped 1.3mil this quarter. Ps3 will easily match that. You are claiming that the Ps3 won't be able to sell another 6.6mil in 9 months with 3 of those months selling nearly half of the entire year totals. What you are suggesting means the Ps3 will sell 3.6mil in Q4. That is utter nonsense. It's not going to go from 5.9mil to 3.6mil YoY.

current ps3 weekly sales: 120k. that's about 500k a month and 6M a year. I predict 8M total for 2013 wich is 6 + holydays boost.

So we are ignoring the Ps3 was selling higher than 500k a month for the first 3 months already?

ignoring my first point its 6mil... plus another quarter mil... lets just round down a quarter mil because that's not significant at all /rolls eyes.

So you think the holidays will just boost the Ps3 by 2mil? And... why exactly? 360 and Ps3 shipped about 5.9mil consoles last holiday... thats a lot more than 2mil.

I mean, according to VGC the Ps3 has already sold 2.57 mil in less than 4 months and we know from NPD and others that is undertracked. In your estimates the Ps3 only needs another 5.43mil in 36 weeks... heres a hint. In the last 12 weeks the Ps3 will sell nearly all of that

maxnyc said:

You need to identify what fail people are talking about. For marketshare wise it's less likely Sony will fail.

As for how they can pull it off? I think you are underestimating Sony's engineering and overestimating specs.

Sony is already failing "marketshare wise" with the Vita. And you think Sony's engineering genius will be able to make 8gb ram really cheap all of a sudden? How exactly does that work?

my head is dizzy from the spin. The Vita? come on.

Really cheap? Does it need to be really cheap? No, I don't think I claimed it does.

maxnyc said:

You need to identify what fail people are talking about. For marketshare wise it's less likely Sony will fail.

As for how they can pull it off? I think you are underestimating Sony's engineering and overestimating specs.

Sony is already failing "marketshare wise" with the Vita. And you think Sony's engineering genius will be able to make 8gb ram really cheap all of a sudden? How exactly does that work?

Really cheap? Does it need to be really cheap? No, I don't think I claimed it does.

If your head is dizzy from the spin, then it's your own brainwashed spin that's doing it. Simple fact- Sony is failing badly with the Vita "marketshare wise". Another simple fact- 8gb DDR5 Ram is not cheap, no matter how great Sony's PS4 engineering is. Sorry to burst your bubble. And, if Sony expects to sell the ps4 for over $400, which seems likely, then i'm smelling massive failure. Pull off your blinders and tinfoil hat, and just own up to reality.

JakDaSnack said:
Daisuke72 said:
Zero999 said:
Lawlight said:
Zero999 said:
Lawlight said:
Nintendo fans are eager for this gen to end because the only way they can claim that Nintendo won. Of course, when you look for a winner, you look for the one which sold the most - not the one who sold the most in an arbitrary period of time.

it's actually the other way around, sony fans are eager for the generation to last as long as possible because that's the only way they have a slight chance to say that sony "won".

I'll spell it for you - it doesn't matter how long a gen lasts. The winner is the one who ends up selling the most. And you and me know that it's not going to be the Nintendo Wii.

neither me nor you know that. but so far wii is 25M ahead, and the only way for ps3 to have a slight chance to close that gap is selling well for a long time. ps3 is selling moderately now, it will sell little next year and nearly nothing the 1 or 2 years after if it isn't discontinued before. ps2 is still on the market because it was still selling well, it got 7M on 2009, it's 9th year. ps3 is gonna sell 8M on it's 7th year (2013) so considering the decline it should have a smaller life than ps2 so i'm guessing 10 years. it won't be enough to pass the wii.

But the PS3 is selling at a $249 price point, where as the PS2 was selling at $149 or something close to the figure. Can't crunch numbers like that until the PS3 gets an overdue price cut, which will drastically effect its sales.

Here is the issue with that, when the ps2 was selling at 150 whichwas half of it's initial launch price, the ps3 is currently selling at 250 which is less than half of it's launch price, do you really expect Sony to bring the ps3's price down to 150?

But honestly, I really don't care if the ps3 sells more than the wii, sure sony fans may start bragging about how the ps3 sold more, but all you have to do is point out how much more money the wii made than the ps3.

So you'd completely change the subject?  Seems like a good strategy I guess.  Funny how sales mattered when Wii was dominating.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
JakDaSnack said:
Daisuke72 said:
Zero999 said:
Lawlight said:
Zero999 said:
Lawlight said:

But the PS3 is selling at a $249 price point, where as the PS2 was selling at $149 or something close to the figure. Can't crunch numbers like that until the PS3 gets an overdue price cut, which will drastically effect its sales.

Here is the issue with that, when the ps2 was selling at 150 whichwas half of it's initial launch price, the ps3 is currently selling at 250 which is less than half of it's launch price, do you really expect Sony to bring the ps3's price down to 150?

But honestly, I really don't care if the ps3 sells more than the wii, sure sony fans may start bragging about how the ps3 sold more, but all you have to do is point out how much more money the wii made than the ps3.

So you'd completely change the subject?  Seems like a good strategy I guess.  Funny how sales mattered when Wii was dominating.

By the end of this generation- Sony had to sell their NY & Tokyo buildings just to stay afloat. Meanwhile, Nintendo has like billions upon billions in the bank. Does this tell you anything about which company made better decisions?

platformmaster918 said:
JakDaSnack said:
Daisuke72 said:
Zero999 said:
Lawlight said:
Zero999 said:
Lawlight said:

Change the subject, yes, completely change it no.

I argued your point, then gave a new point.  That is how debating works, and i never said that sales mattered when the wii was dominating, don't put words in my mouth.  

Something...Something...Games...Something

maxnyc said:
maxnyc said:

If your head is dizzy from the spin, then it's your own brainwashed spin that's doing it. Simple fact- Sony is failing badly with the Vita "marketshare wise". Another simple fact- 8gb DDR5 Ram is not cheap, no matter how great Sony's PS4 engineering is. Sorry to burst your bubble. And, if Sony expects to sell the ps4 for over $400, which seems likely, then i'm smelling massive failure. Pull off your blinders and tinfoil hat, and just own up to reality.

Im brainwashed beacuse we are talking about the Ps4 and Wii U and you bring up the Vita which is the same price as the Ps3 and is in a market along with a company that had a monopoly before its predecessor came out for nearly 20 years?

No, my head is spinning because of the nonsense spewing from that notion.

Now your speculation is fact and since I don't agree with it I have a tinfoil hat on?

I can see we are done here.

PS4 -50 million
Wii U- 55 million
NextBox-60 million

maxnyc said:
maxnyc said:

Im brainwashed beacuse we are talking about the Ps4 and Wii U and you bring up the Vita which is the same price as the Ps3 and is in a market along with a company that had a monopoly before its predecessor came out for nearly 20 years?

No, my head is spinning because of the nonsense spewing from that notion.

Now your speculation is fact and since I don't agree with it I have a tinfoil hat on?

I can see we are done here

You're obviously done here, because you don't have 1 legitimate counter-point or argument.