By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 3DS-45million vs Vita-10million

As others have said, 3DS. Vita is floundering outside of Japan, and even there the price cut has failed to ignite sales in the long term.

So December for 3DS, April for Vita.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

3DS miles away... I don't know when vita's "time to shine" would come, y'all pointing that the connectivity between it and ps4 will save the Vita, I contrarily think that it might hurt the ps4, Only those who already own a psvita should get one, so that everyone else should pay double the price (250+399?) in order to get the full experience.
The Vita is a wonderfull devise, it deserve every unit sold, but I still don't know how they could sell any..

The 3DS has gained an unstoppable momentum. Everybody knows this. This is why there are no more 3DS doom posts and plenty of Vita concerns. The 3DS is only going to get better. DS lasted for 8 years. I think that the 3DS will last just as long if not longer. With the lineup Nintendo has, this is truly a great time to be a 3DS owner.

This one is easy. 3DS

DanneSandin said:
Lucas-Rio said:
DanneSandin said:
Lucas-Rio said:
DanneSandin said:
You know what... I could actually see Vita doing close to 10m NEXT year.... Or the year after that. PS4 could potentially boost the Vita numbers up towards 10m units/year. I don't think it's out of the question that Vita will do 10m one year, but not this one. Maybe it'll 5m....

Vita will never sell 10 millions a year.

I wouldn't bet for or against it. I think it kinda goes hand in hand with how well PS4 does, and what sort of connectivity between them. What if it gets bundled with the PS4? How about then?

It has nothing to do with the PS4. The GBA connection did not help the Gamecube. PS4 owners are not going to buy a Vita because it's from the same company. And a console bundle would make Sony loses ton of money.

As I said, I expect the Vita to do a little less than the GC lifetime.

Well, I don't really think the connection between GBA and GC will be anything like Vita/PS4. Wouldn't it be neat if you could play your PS4 games on Vita? I would think that connectivity alone could push a few Vita....

You can play ps3 games on Vita already. If anything that should have pushed the hardware, especially considering the ps3 has an established install base. Imagine buying a ps4 and a vital at once? It'll be more expensive than a ps3 at launch for sure. So, 3 jobs then?

My pick? 3DS.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
DanneSandin said:
Lucas-Rio said:
DanneSandin said:
Lucas-Rio said:
DanneSandin said:
You know what... I could actually see Vita doing close to 10m NEXT year.... Or the year after that. PS4 could potentially boost the Vita numbers up towards 10m units/year. I don't think it's out of the question that Vita will do 10m one year, but not this one. Maybe it'll 5m....

Vita will never sell 10 millions a year.

I wouldn't bet for or against it. I think it kinda goes hand in hand with how well PS4 does, and what sort of connectivity between them. What if it gets bundled with the PS4? How about then?

It has nothing to do with the PS4. The GBA connection did not help the Gamecube. PS4 owners are not going to buy a Vita because it's from the same company. And a console bundle would make Sony loses ton of money.

As I said, I expect the Vita to do a little less than the GC lifetime.

Well, I don't really think the connection between GBA and GC will be anything like Vita/PS4. Wouldn't it be neat if you could play your PS4 games on Vita? I would think that connectivity alone could push a few Vita....

You can play ps3 games on Vita already. If anything that should have pushed the hardware, especially considering the ps3 has an established install base. Imagine buying a ps4 and a vital at once? It'll be more expensive than a ps3 at launch for sure. So, 3 jobs then?

My pick? 3DS.

3 jobs at the very least!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

ironmanDX said:

My pick? 3DS.

You can play about 12 PS3 games on vita and there is a router interference in how they designed the PS3 making it difficult for anyone to do so outside of their house. PS4 will play every game and make it easy to set up so you can play PS4 on Vita from anywhere with an internet connection. Big difference.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

pezus said:
SnowPrince said:
3DS miles away... I don't know when vita's "time to shine" would come, y'all pointing that the connectivity between it and ps4 will save the Vita, I contrarily think that it might hurt the ps4, Only those who already own a psvita should get one, so that everyone else should pay double the price (250+399?) in order to get the full experience.
The Vita is a wonderfull devise, it deserve every unit sold, but I still don't know how they could sell any..

How would that hurt PS4 and why would only those who already own a PSVita get one? o.O There's much more to PS4 than the Vita connectivity, and even that is just an extension of the PS4 itself.

Yeah I'm totally aware of that, but somehow sony introduced the connectivity as a major feature which adds a lot to the experience. And so players should have both platforms to fully enjoy the games.

I'm not against sony. Both platform are beyond wonderfull and a must-buy for me, but I only say that it won't be moving any vitas out of the shelf.

Conegamer said:
As others have said, 3DS. Vita is floundering outside of Japan, and even there the price cut has failed to ignite sales in the long term.

So December for 3DS, April for Vita.

so Vita will hit 10m in the next couple days?  Bold, but I like it!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Vita. Because what's life without whimsy/bad predictions?