By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BEYOND: Two Souls INSANE TRAILER

Tagged games:

KingofTrolls said:

I dont understand. U are talkin about Beyond or TLoU  now ?

If u mention Beyond - have u watched conference last night ? there will be much more gameplay than HR, better fighting, more walking directly by player, even free roaming sometimes + the whole Aiden gameplay ( u can switch between Aiden and Jodie, destroy objects, watched whats around you, take control over NPC and forced them to different actions, not only killing itself). I dont remember correctly but they speaking something that u can swithc from Jodie to Aiden anytime when u want, but I must confirm this.

Yes, there will be many cinematic - like scenes, but only u decides what Jodie says/does. All dialouges and Jodie actions - u choose what will happen.  Of course there is many fighting and action moments.

Gameplay showed last night was 35 minutes - and i think about 75 % was just gameplay ( Aiden, Jodie walking, talking, fighting, )

In conference's gameplay, there was a moment that one guy offered Jodie some money for ,, comfort him ". U decide - yes or no.

All the Ustream commentators cried a river when player decide NO. I watched it live so I remember all that Brazilians, Russians shouting ,, CMON GIRL, do it ! " xD

So the game does have gameplay...I have only seen the trailers and it looks like they are trying to sell me a movie, it even has the hollywood star's names in the tittle and everything. Do they plan to release a gameplay trailer? It could help a lot, specially for the people who (like me) prefer a good plot in their GAMEs, and not some choices in their MOVIES.

Around the Network
flagstaad said:
KingofTrolls said:

I dont understand. U are talkin about Beyond or TLoU  now ?

If u mention Beyond - have u watched conference last night ? there will be much more gameplay than HR, better fighting, more walking directly by player, even free roaming sometimes + the whole Aiden gameplay ( u can switch between Aiden and Jodie, destroy objects, watched whats around you, take control over NPC and forced them to different actions, not only killing itself). I dont remember correctly but they speaking something that u can swithc from Jodie to Aiden anytime when u want, but I must confirm this.

Yes, there will be many cinematic - like scenes, but only u decides what Jodie says/does. All dialouges and Jodie actions - u choose what will happen.  Of course there is many fighting and action moments.

Gameplay showed last night was 35 minutes - and i think about 75 % was just gameplay ( Aiden, Jodie walking, talking, fighting, )

In conference's gameplay, there was a moment that one guy offered Jodie some money for ,, comfort him ". U decide - yes or no.

All the Ustream commentators cried a river when player decide NO. I watched it live so I remember all that Brazilians, Russians shouting ,, CMON GIRL, do it ! " xD

So the game does have gameplay...I have only seen the trailers and it looks like they are trying to sell me a movie, it even has the hollywood star's names in the tittle and everything. Do they plan to release a gameplay trailer? It could help a lot, specially for the people who (like me) prefer a good plot in their GAMEs, and not some choices in their MOVIES.

Dunno. If u really wanna solve this problem - why no just watch this conference gameplay ? 35 min is enought to know how the GAME really works. I can spoil u what exactly happened, but for me there is no point in it. 

GOTY material

CGI-Quality said:

Couldn't you just do a Google search for "Beyond: Two Souls gameplay trailer"? 

I just found one, less than 2 minutes short, with less than 1 minute of actual gameplay, and it was just walking for a few seconds to reach the next cinematic...

KingofTrolls said:

Dunno. If u really wanna solve this problem - why no just watch this conference gameplay ? 35 min is enought to know how the GAME really works. I can spoil u what exactly happened, but for me there is no point in it.

Do I have to watch all 35 minutes, or how long to get the feeling of the gameplay? do you have a link to the conference, it could help a lot. The focus of all the trailers seems to be on the plot and cinematics

flagstaad said:
CGI-Quality said:

Couldn't you just do a Google search for "Beyond: Two Souls gameplay trailer"? 

I just found one, less than 2 minutes short, with less than 1 minute of actual gameplay, and it was just walking for a few seconds to reach the next cinematic...

KingofTrolls said:

Do I have to watch all 35 minutes, or how long to get the feeling of the gameplay? do you have a link to the conference, it could help a lot. The focus of all the trailers seems to be on the plot and cinematics

Link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bElvOkiHsps .

Start at 7 min. - walking, talking

about 10 min - walking

Fighting  - 14 min.

Aiden 22 min

Walking, Aiden - 28

Of course there is more actions - like giving a birth ( 24 ) - but i do not mention it cos they are QTE. 

Around the Network

A....Ma....Zing!

I re-watched it again, this time not on a stream, so the quality of the video and the fact it wasn't jumping any frame makes me reconsider my concerns. The game really looks amazing.

Visually, this is certainly the best I've seen from any game this gen. I'm not even sure TLoU will have a shot against it. The quality of the animations overall, but especially the facial ones are really out of this world. The story seems really good, and I must say that those 30 something minutes did get my eyes teary on a few occasion. A testament to Page's performance.

The PS3 certainly is going out with a bang.

And then... you start wondering about what crazy shit QD is gonna make for the PS4...  8D

Is really that hard to watch maybe 2 mins of this gameplay and see it by ur own eyes ? Really it helps guys.

if the final game looks like this, it'll easily be the best of this generation. even last of us doesnt look this good.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
if the final game looks like this, it'll easily be the best of this generation. even last of us doesnt look this good.

Yeah. The only thing still bothering me is the screen tearing. It was quite apparent during the gameplay demonstration. I hope it gets ironed out for release.