By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata Is Aware That People Believe That WiiU Is Underpowered And Says This Is A Misunderstanding

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has told investors that he is aware that a large number of developers and consumers believe that the Wii U is significantly underpowered and says that this is a misunderstanding. Iwata says that Nintendo really need to remedy this idea. He also told investors that a number of third-party developers aren’t supporting the console, but he believes that once third-party developers start producing hit franchises on the Wii U then other developers will think again about developing for the platform. Iwata understands that this won’t happen overnight, but Nintendo is working on revitalising Wii U after the summer.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/04/27/iwata-is-aware-that-people-believe-that-wii-u-is-underpowered-and-says-this-is-a-misunderstanding/

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Around the Network

I know they won't do it, because they never do (ever), but all the needless discussion would end if they would just release detailed specs about their consoles. I guess they just want to keep certain aspects a secret, or something.

Personally I don't care anyway. The only requirement I have is that's it's better than the last thing, which it is.

What a fucking liar!!!! It IS underpowered. Just compare it to the PS4... Get real Iwata!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:

What a fucking liar!!!! It IS underpowered. Just compare it to the PS4... Get real Iwata!

Wel he isn't lying, cause he isn't comparing it to anything. He jsut said it it not under powered. 

Wait, Nintendo said that next generation was about innovation but now it is all a matter of "misunderstanding the power of the WiiU" by developers who live, work and earn their money by handling hardware specs. Sweet talk to take them investors to bed.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Well, after playing the stunningly beautiful title "Nintendo Land", I must say that it is indeed powerful enough. To me, at least.

Cobretti2 said:
DanneSandin said:

Wel he isn't lying, cause he isn't comparing it to anything. He jsut said it it not under powered. 

Well, dat true!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

AbbathTheGrim said:
Wait, Nintendo said that next generation was about innovation but now it is all a matter of "misunderstanding the power of the WiiU" by developers who live, work and earn their money by handling hardware specs. Sweet talk to take them investors to bed.

It's a big shift from his declaration that "specs don't matter" before the Wii was out.

What happened to drawing people in to a new experience? They don't have a device that can win the power argument on specs alone. This sounds like a dicey idea, especially when the Wii did so well by sidestepping it last gen.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

well, I think it should be able to do above PS360 graphics at 720p60 and with some AA, which is probably the graphical sweetspot for many people

the games won't be ridiculously detailed (compared to PC/PS4/720) and probably miss fancy but very costly effects like global illumination or tesselation, but with the right style the games can still look fantastic

Well releasing with an awfully slow OS doesn't help. When they have a really fast OS combined with a game that couldn't be done on PS360 it will look far more appealing. Of course they really needed to do this before PS4 and 720 were out.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89