By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita Releases for 2013 - 2014 (SS Delta, Mind=0, Borderlands 2 Released)

forevercloud3000 said:
Rafux said:
Great thread man thanks, it put a lot of those games on my radar. I hope that Digimon game gets localized

so do I, I always loved the Digimon World games on PS1. One of my top favs. I need the last couple of Digimon games to make it state side :(

I still play Digimon world 1 from time to time on emulator, one of my favorites games ever

Around the Network

I want so many of these games SO HARD :O

forevercloud3000 said:
Michael-5 said:

So I looked at this list, and pretty much everything you named is available on PS3, or I don't find interesting. For me, only the following look interesting:

Conception II (NA: 04/15/14) - Plan to buy for 3DS

1. Dangan Ronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (NA: Feb 2014)
2. Danganronpa 2: Goodby Despair (NA: 09/02/14) - If I like the first game
3. Disgaea 3 - Plays better on a handheld
4. Disgaea 4: A promise Revealed (NA: 08/12/14)

5. Soul Saga:Episode I - Too many PS3 RPG's, need some for portable play
6. TearAway

Exstetra - If localized
J Star Victory Vs. - If localized
Over My Dead Body 2 - If localized

Now that's not too bad, but I'm not particularly crazy about anything here. Uncharted: Golden Abyss looks amazing, but I'm not going to spend $200 on a console for that + 6 other games.

The big reason why I won't get a Vita to be honest is because PSP is so damn awesome. I still have close to 20 games to beat for that, and many of them (stuff like Crisis Core or Tactics Ogre) rank far higher then anything on this list. Plus how can I buy Disgaea 3 & 4 for Vita when I still have to beat 1 & 2 for PSP and judge the franchise? $200 is a lot for Dangan Ronpa as well, since it's a new franchise to me. Plus I'm not a huge fan of platformers so I might not even buy TearAway.

So the issue is 3/8 of the games I'm interested in are available on PS3, 1/8 is available for 3DS, 2/8 are a new franchise which I don't even know if I'll like, 1/8 (TearAway) is a game I'm meh about, and that leave 1 must have Vita title for me..... :-/ This is why I always say "I'll get a Vita one day" I'm not in a rush, it will be cheaper in the future.

You seem to like RPGs and story based games....

Why no Gravity Rush? Its sort of a JP Action RPG with open world and mission based. Also Ys is REALLY worth any RPG fan's time as it is a great series of ARPG, u can jump in at any entry as the stories are self sustaining even if they all have the same main character. Mind=0 is looking interesting as well. Persona 4 Golden is a must. Soul Sacrifice and Rainbow Moon too.

Majority of PSP offerings can be obtained digitally on Vita. All the big titles except Crisis Core and BBS really. Tactics Ogre definitely is, both Disgaea's, and the likes of Jeanne D'Arc and Crimson Gem Saga(2 of my favs).

Sure, Vita shares many of it's games with PS3 and PC......so? Any indie title that is available on PS3/PC/Vita..........I always choose Vita. Its because small bite size games are much more appealing in the portable circle. I also opt Vita in many traditional JRPGs like FFX/X-2 as they work really well when you can't commit a lot of time on the go. Even if a game is multiplat, some might have more of an appeal on Vita due to functionality.

For 250 the Vita offers a really nice chunk of hardware and 4+ Games with PS+(UGA, Gravity Rush, Wipeout 2048, etc). Many of the Vita games are New IPs or series that few have heard of, this doesn't mean they aren't exceptional in quality.

How many games does it take to be interested in before you are really interested in a system? For reference what have you been interested in on 3DS? Before I decided to get a Vita, it was 4 games that hooked me... Gravity Rush, Persona 4 Golden, Uncharted GA, Modnation Racers Road Trip.

I don't like "Hipster" JRPG's. Like Persona, and The World Ends With You, Gravity Rush doesn't appeal to me. I don't like the artstyle/story and I've seen a lot of gameplay and it doesn't look right for me. I have the game as a PS+ bonus, so when I get a Vita I'll still give it a shot, but I doubt I'll like it. Persona 4 is something I really hate, a Hipster Dungeon Crawler (hate both with a passion).

As for Ys and Soul Sacrifice, I don't like most ARPG's. I've played other Ys games before, and to me they feel more like Action games then RPG's, and I don't like that. Same with Soul Sacrifice, it kinda reminds me of God Eat meets Monster Hunter, both games I've played and disliked. These games aren't the same as Tales of and XenoBlade.

Why buy Digital PSP games on Vita when I already own them physically on PSP? I prefer owning physical copies.

FFX/X-2 Looks great, but it's sub HD on the Vita, and I already beat it.

I know indie games and JRPG's are better on Vita (I do prefer to JRPG on the go), that's why I included Soul Saga and Disgaea on my list. Hotline Miami and other indie games would probably be fun too, but Hotline Miami is fun enough on the PS3, and I already mostly beat HM1 for PS3.

As for the rest, I've taken a good look at Vita's library time and time again. I know most of the games are new IP's, but look at my list. Danganronpa is on my list and it's a super niche new IP (In the West). It's just most of Vita's games don't appeal to me. Soul Sacrifice, Unit 13, Gravity Rush, and even Tearaway look generic to me. (TearAway just has a nice artstyle).

----

How many games to get me interested in a Vita? I need maybe 2 or 3 "must have" titles in order to convince myself to buy a handheld and put those games ahead of everything else I want to play. Vita only really has Uncharted right now, everything else is a lot lower on my TDL.

3DS got me excited for 2 reasons, the games and my DS was breaking. I was just getting into the Phoenix Wright series for DS, and I still have about 15-20 games which I still want to beat for DS. My old system was freezing whenever I nudged it just a bit too hard and since I almost always play my handhelds outside the house, this wasn't good.

On a game front Fire Emblem: Awakening (Huge Intelligent System fan), Bravely Default, Pokemon X/Y, Super Mario 3D Land, Resident Evil Revelations, Tales of the Abyss (never beat it), and Dragon Quest VII got me interested in the system. Plus I know down the road there will be an Advance Wars game too. That's about 8 games, all of which I consider "must haves" plus the ability to play my DS games on a screen over twice the size.

I bought my DS a little after Advance Wars: Dual Strike released, mostly because like I said I'm a Huge Intelligent Systems fan. So it really was only 2 "must haves" before I bought the system (the other being Super Mario 64 DS), but unlike the Vita, I knew more games were coming. I know Fire Emblem was coming, FFIII, Dragon Quest remakes, all this stuff was announced. I think I bought 40 or so DS games in the end.

PSP I got very late in it's life, was having too much fun with my DS. When I bought my PSP there were about 25 PSP games which I wanted to play. Only beat about 3. Still debating on MGS: Peace Walker.

So with 20 or so good PSP games to beat (Crisis Core, Tactics Ogre, etc), 20 or so good DS games to beat (Phoenix Wrights, Infinite Space, Golden Sun, etc), a handful of 3DS games to beat, and the ability to play GBA/PS1 games on my PSP (I have originals on PS1 & GBA so don't worry), I just have too much to play. My goal is to have all my 3DS games beaten by the end of the year, and start working on my DS/PSP/PS1/GBA backlog.

---

Why buy a Vita and play Uncharted now, when I can enjoy myself whith what I have now and get a Vita for maybe $100 less in the future? I do want a Vita, I own every Sony/Sega/Nintendo/MS platform, I'm just in no rush to buy it, and I have a feeling a lot of gamers are in the same boat.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Cool overview, thanks :) Metrico is also missing from the list though ^^
Spring 2014 :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0jSRjHxETQ

Michael-5 said:

I don't like "Hipster" JRPG's. Like Persona, and The World Ends With You, Gravity Rush doesn't appeal to me. I don't like the artstyle/story and I've seen a lot of gameplay and it doesn't look right for me. I have the game as a PS+ bonus, so when I get a Vita I'll still give it a shot, but I doubt I'll like it. Persona 4 is something I really hate, a Hipster Dungeon Crawler (hate both with a passion).

As for Ys and Soul Sacrifice, I don't like most ARPG's. I've played other Ys games before, and to me they feel more like Action games then RPG's, and I don't like that. Same with Soul Sacrifice, it kinda reminds me of God Eat meets Monster Hunter, both games I've played and disliked. These games aren't the same as Tales of and XenoBlade.

Why buy Digital PSP games on Vita when I already own them physically on PSP? I prefer owning physical copies.

FFX/X-2 Looks great, but it's sub HD on the Vita, and I already beat it.

I know indie games and JRPG's are better on Vita (I do prefer to JRPG on the go), that's why I included Soul Saga and Disgaea on my list. Hotline Miami and other indie games would probably be fun too, but Hotline Miami is fun enough on the PS3, and I already mostly beat HM1 for PS3.

As for the rest, I've taken a good look at Vita's library time and time again. I know most of the games are new IP's, but look at my list. Danganronpa is on my list and it's a super niche new IP (In the West). It's just most of Vita's games don't appeal to me. Soul Sacrifice, Unit 13, Gravity Rush, and even Tearaway look generic to me. (TearAway just has a nice artstyle).

----

How many games to get me interested in a Vita? I need maybe 2 or 3 "must have" titles in order to convince myself to buy a handheld and put those games ahead of everything else I want to play. Vita only really has Uncharted right now, everything else is a lot lower on my TDL.

3DS got me excited for 2 reasons, the games and my DS was breaking. I was just getting into the Phoenix Wright series for DS, and I still have about 15-20 games which I still want to beat for DS. My old system was freezing whenever I nudged it just a bit too hard and since I almost always play my handhelds outside the house, this wasn't good.

On a game front Fire Emblem: Awakening (Huge Intelligent System fan), Bravely Default, Pokemon X/Y, Super Mario 3D Land, Resident Evil Revelations, Tales of the Abyss (never beat it), and Dragon Quest VII got me interested in the system. Plus I know down the road there will be an Advance Wars game too. That's about 8 games, all of which I consider "must haves" plus the ability to play my DS games on a screen over twice the size.

I bought my DS a little after Advance Wars: Dual Strike released, mostly because like I said I'm a Huge Intelligent Systems fan. So it really was only 2 "must haves" before I bought the system (the other being Super Mario 64 DS), but unlike the Vita, I knew more games were coming. I know Fire Emblem was coming, FFIII, Dragon Quest remakes, all this stuff was announced. I think I bought 40 or so DS games in the end.

PSP I got very late in it's life, was having too much fun with my DS. When I bought my PSP there were about 25 PSP games which I wanted to play. Only beat about 3. Still debating on MGS: Peace Walker.

So with 20 or so good PSP games to beat (Crisis Core, Tactics Ogre, etc), 20 or so good DS games to beat (Phoenix Wrights, Infinite Space, Golden Sun, etc), a handful of 3DS games to beat, and the ability to play GBA/PS1 games on my PSP (I have originals on PS1 & GBA so don't worry), I just have too much to play. My goal is to have all my 3DS games beaten by the end of the year, and start working on my DS/PSP/PS1/GBA backlog.

---

Why buy a Vita and play Uncharted now, when I can enjoy myself whith what I have now and get a Vita for maybe $100 less in the future? I do want a Vita, I own every Sony/Sega/Nintendo/MS platform, I'm just in no rush to buy it, and I have a feeling a lot of gamers are in the same boat.

Ok, fair enough..........

but what the hell is a "Hipster RPG"? Because of the trendy artstyle? Or their contrarian popularity?

And if you really like Fire Emblem you should try Valkyria Chronicles 2 on PSP.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

good thing you're still updating this thread.

i'm still trying to understand what does some people's opinion and reasonings for them not getting a Vita right now has to do with this thread but whatever.

hopefully some more of those localizations get confirmed =)

rutea7 said:

i'm still trying to understand what does some people's opinion and reasonings for them not getting a Vita right now has to do with this thread but whatever.

The ones I'm really hoping get localized/ported....

FF Type-0

Legend of Heroes:Trails in the Flash

Digimon Story

These would make me super happy :)

Greatness Awaits

forevercloud3000 said:

but what the hell is a "Hipster RPG"? Because of the trendy artstyle? Or their contrarian popularity?

I wouldn't say the bulk of Atlus's works are contraian. Hipster isn't the best word, but I'm not a fan of this new era of JRPG's.

It's not the artstyle, but usually the story they tell. I mean I love Catherine and that's probably a lot more bizarre then any of those games we mentioned. I think it's just usually the role of the High School student saving the world which throws me off. I'm 24, I finished high school a long time ago, and when I play games like The World Ends With You I feel like they are targeted towards a younger audience.

What I'm trying to say is that when I play something like XenoBlade or Final Fantasy, it's completely fantasy from the get-go. I hate it when they try to tie ridiculous fantasy's to real world living. I hate the social sim mechanics of Persona, I hated how Indigo Prophecy became some Angel vs. Demon thing with super powers at the end, and If it weren't for some epic fight scenes, I would have hated Matrix 2 & 3.

Take Persona 3, I actually loved the art style, voice acting, and setting. I also loved the idea of a "hidden hour" where all the bad stuff in the game takes place. However what's the point of the game? Get to the top of some Random Tower to see if that stops Monsters from appearing? Not only do I hate Dungeon Crawlers, but once I get to a checkpoint, I then have to wait a week for the High School story to catch up. Was really annoying, I did like the Battle Mechanics of this game.

I don't think of these games as trendy, but because that's the common view that's probably why I labeled it "Hipster." I feel the same about this game as some people would about Vogue fashion. It's not fashion, it's just silly, but sometimes it can look good. That said I still give the games a taste now and then. Danganronpa sounds interesting enough, and Disgaea is border line "trendy."

As for Valkyria Chronicles 2, I loved the first one for PS3, but I felt 2 was just meh. Half the game is just training missions, and it never feels as epic as the first game. Plus the battle zones are too small, but the fact that they made this game work on the PSP without that much loading is impressive. Personally I feel FF Tactics, Tactics Ogre, and Disgaea are better SRPG's for me, I was really surprised at how fun Disgaea is.

Back to Vita though, Disgaea is probably one of the biggest reasons why I want a Vita, but why buy a Vita for Disgaea 3 & 4 when I still have to beat 1 & 2? I hear 1 & 2 are much better and I would have trouble going back once I got used to Vita's graphics. At least PSP is comparable to the 3DS graphically.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

forevercloud3000 said:
rutea7 said:

The ones I'm really hoping get localized/ported....

FF Type-0

Legend of Heroes:Trails in the Flash

Digimon Story

These would make me super happy :)

I've given up hope on FF Type-0 and my crazy dream that SE would release Crisis Core on the digital store.

I'd love for those other two to get localized too, havent played a Legend of Heroes yet, afraid to get stuck without the rest of the story.

Michael-5 said:
forevercloud3000 said:

I wouldn't say the bulk of Atlus's works are contraian. Hipster isn't the best word, but I'm not a fan of this new era of JRPG's.

It's not the artstyle, but usually the story they tell. I mean I love Catherine and that's probably a lot more bizarre then any of those games we mentioned. I think it's just usually the role of the High School student saving the world which throws me off. I'm 24, I finished high school a long time ago, and when I play games like The World Ends With You I feel like they are targeted towards a younger audience.

What I'm trying to say is that when I play something like XenoBlade or Final Fantasy, it's completely fantasy from the get-go. I hate it when they try to tie ridiculous fantasy's to real world living. I hate the social sim mechanics of Persona, I hated how Indigo Prophecy became some Angel vs. Demon thing with super powers at the end, and If it weren't for some epic fight scenes, I would have hated Matrix 2 & 3.

Take Persona 3, I actually loved the art style, voice acting, and setting. I also loved the idea of a "hidden hour" where all the bad stuff in the game takes place. However what's the point of the game? Get to the top of some Random Tower to see if that stops Monsters from appearing? Not only do I hate Dungeon Crawlers, but once I get to a checkpoint, I then have to wait a week for the High School story to catch up. Was really annoying, I did like the Battle Mechanics of this game.

I don't think of these games as trendy, but because that's the common view that's probably why I labeled it "Hipster." I feel the same about this game as some people would about Vogue fashion. It's not fashion, it's just silly, but sometimes it can look good. That said I still give the games a taste now and then. Danganronpa sounds interesting enough, and Disgaea is border line "trendy."

As for Valkyria Chronicles 2, I loved the first one for PS3, but I felt 2 was just meh. Half the game is just training missions, and it never feels as epic as the first game. Plus the battle zones are too small, but the fact that they made this game work on the PSP without that much loading is impressive. Personally I feel FF Tactics, Tactics Ogre, and Disgaea are better SRPG's for me, I was really surprised at how fun Disgaea is.

Back to Vita though, Disgaea is probably one of the biggest reasons why I want a Vita, but why buy a Vita for Disgaea 3 & 4 when I still have to beat 1 & 2? I hear 1 & 2 are much better and I would have trouble going back once I got used to Vita's graphics. At least PSP is comparable to the 3DS graphically.

WOW..............your taste is awful :P lol jk but seriously, wtf?

So what you are saying is............you hate fantasies based within reality. Yet not any reality apparently but rather a particular time period, present day.

The Dungeon Crawler thing also strikes me as odd because EVERY RPG IS RIDDLED WITH DUNGEONS. They are presented in a mirriad of ways, but they are dungeons. Skyrim had litteral ones, Final Fantasy games disguised them as castles and other locals but they all have the same function wich is to impede you from the next story objective. Persona  is no different, it just so happens that their dungeon exist in parallel dimensions. P4's dungeon is inside of the TV world and each Dungeon is a interpretation of a character's inner conflict.

And you like Disgaea.........when its whole make up is based on tedius dungeon crawling (not that its bad).

AndI'm also 24. I had an ok time in High School I suppose. I still love that feeling of "Edge of Seventeen", when the world is your oyster and you can do or become anything, yet it is still oh so frightening. This is actually a key facet of most JRPGs. Very few deal with characters beyond high school age. Even if they are out of HS, they are usually of the early 20s variety. Cloud was 22, Squall was 17, Zidane is 16, Tidus and Yuna were 16/17, Lightning is maybe 22-24, most of Disgaea's cast members are demons stuck in pre pubescent bodies. Its the feeling above they always try to capture by having such a young cast.

No games capture that feeling better than the Persona's. Social Links are really not that different than the talking to characters during a break we saw in Mass Effect, or the designated scenes you saw in older JRPGs. Its just character development you can control. Most of them try to talk about something "Real" in a sense, something that normal people contend with at times. The Spiderman/Superman/Superhero like balance is also part of the charm. Save the world every night but no one knows what you are going through, they just expect you to still get good grades and be a productive member of society. Its about as realistic as that type of situation would be.

Greatness Awaits